Dyatlov Pass incident latest….

norseman

BFF Patron

Not sure if all but some had cut the side of the tent.

1 hour ago, Foxhill said:

Right. Which would be impossible if you had just experienced a slab avalanche and you were under tons and tons of snow. If there had been an avalanche? They would have found the bodies in the tent.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, norseman said:

Right. Which would be impossible if you had just experienced a slab avalanche and you were under tons and tons of snow. If there had been an avalanche? They would have found the bodies in the tent.

At first I took the cuts as they were trying to make an exit but when you look at some of the original photos  to me it looks more like slits you would make to look outside.

Like they were watching something 

10 hours ago, 7.62 said:

At first I took the cuts as they were trying to make an exit but when you look at some of the original photos  to me it looks more like slits you would make to look outside.

Supposedly there was both. All cut from the inside. 

BFF Patron
11 hours ago, 7.62 said:

Huh...so how high does one have to be that that would make sense to do? 🤔

2 minutes ago, Foxhill said:

Huh...so how high does one have to be that that would make sense to do? 🤔

Or terrified. I have thought a lot about it based on my own experiences. 

If something is outside my tent? I am getting out of the tent….armed. That’s always been my plan of action. And I have done so several times.

But most people find some physiological refuge with a tent. Like it’s Fort Knox or something. That old canvas wall tent didn’t have any windows. So even though they are too terrified to leave the tent? They desperately want to see out of it. 

A small eye slit isn’t going to help you during the night. You can’t look and shine a flashlight out of an eye slit. So that tells me the eye slits had to be made during the day time. The inside of a canvas wall tent even during the day is very dark. 

Maybe the event started in daylight and then proceeded into night? The eye slits no longer gave them comfort. And so the terror rose and rose until they could no longer take it and cut their way out of the tent in terror. The only thing that doesn’t make sense is fleeing in your underwear. If you knew of a potential threat outside? Wouldn’t you be prepared to leave the tent? Unless the threat seemed to have gone away and then returned later?

I am thoroughly convinced that they felt there was a threat outside the tent. And that fear ultimately drove them from that tent. It was their only source of heat and shelter in an arctic environment. And yet they fled anyhow in their skivies…. that’s a profound fact for me.

A Bear? A Yeti? A Moose? A Human? I suppose we will never know. I also reject a 13 foot snowy ravine caused the injuries half the party ultimately sustained. I would have been dead 100x over snowmobiling, sledding and skiing all my life if that was the case.

4 hours ago, norseman said:

Supposedly there was both. All cut from the inside. 

It's a real strange case and the more it's studied the more unanswered questions there are . I have never bought the avalanche theory .

• Like 1

On 2/7/2024 at 2:31 PM, Foxhill said:

As norseman said it's to be able to look outside because you fear leaving the tent . To me that's the only thing that makes sense in doing something like that.

• Like 1