For Those Who Walk Among Them

Doc Holliday

Admin

Prior to my current location, I was as clueless as the general population.

I understand. So you most likely had heard about Bigfoot but probably didn't give it much thought.

Prior to your current encounters, If you had (and you may have,I don't know)come to a forum such as this one and seen a report of encounters, similar in nature, to what you're reporting--What would your specific reactions have been?

Let me take a moment to thank you for staying engaged.

I understand. So you most likely had heard about Bigfoot but probably didn't give it much thought.

Prior to your current encounters, If you had (and you may have,I don't know)come to a forum such as this one and seen a report of encounters, similar in nature, to what you're reporting--What would your specific reactions have been?

I think that's a really important point. Some people are just more open minded than others. If you believe that something is probable when you start out trying to prove it, you are a long way ahead. When I saw the PG film way back when it was first shown, I thought "WOW!! Those things may be real." I haven't seriously doubted it since.

I would have been fascinated & tried to find out everything that I could about it without demanding the person to fork over absolute undeniable proof. I would realize that everything can't immediately be proven by an observer, but it can still be seen & known about by someone that is lucky enough to have seen it.

I always try to believe what someone says unless I know it to be a lie. Lots of times the best information comes from the most unexpected sources.

Edited by Sasfooty

Admin

When I saw the PG film way back when it was first shown, I thought "WOW!! Those things may be real."

I'm certain that many of us here and elsewhere had a similar reaction to yours when we saw that film for the first time. The PGF is still compelling on many levels, in large part because it is something that we can look at and debate.

I would have been fascinated & tried to find out everything that I could about it without demanding the person to fork over absolute undeniable proof. I would realize that everything can't immediately be proven by an observer, but it can still be seen & known about by someone that is lucky enough to have seen it.

I agree with you that it's important to try and found out everything you can about these types of incidents. While you may not have demanded undeniable proof, I'm certain that your confidence level in the reported encounter would increase if the witness were able to provide physical proof. Would that be a fair assumption?

I always try to believe what someone says unless I know it to be a lie. Lots of times the best information comes from the most unexpected sources.

What types of behavior/activity would indicate to you that a person is lying?

Put it this way...I've not taken the best of my friends into my core areas. I never want to screw up what I've worked hard to develop. You're friggin crazy if you think I'd do so. You guys need to really get a clue what it takes. I was going to do the same crap in a different area, just as I've done in Alabama, Texas and other Georgia areas. But like I said, hasta la vista. I plan to help no one from this site. You're all a bunch of socialized welfare recipients of the bigfoot world. You want to do no work yourself in the field and criticize others. You should all go into politics. They need more people that do nothing in DC.

Darn it MW, we're trying to calm things down on our own before a moderator steps in handing out warnings or worse. Can you help us out a little bit by not taking things so personally and refrain from the name-calling and verbal attacks?

As a very famous and loved member of the old BFF used to say,

"Lighten up Francis."

And I'm asking nicely, with a "pretty please" on the end if it helps.

Guest midnightwalker1

Darn it MW, we're trying to calm things down on our own before a moderator steps in handing out warnings or worse. Can you help us out a little bit by not taking things so personally and refrain from the name-calling and verbal attacks?

As a very famous and loved member of the old BFF used to say,

"Lighten up Francis."

And I'm asking nicely, with a "pretty please" on the end if it helps.

"Roger, Roger" No prob Moderators, I won't be responding to certain folks so don't worry. Let the thread go on.

While you may not have demanded undeniable proof, I'm certain that your confidence level in the reported encounter would increase if the witness were able to provide physical proof. Would that be a fair assumption?

Nope. Back on the old BFF, I believed most of what Creekfreak said. I really didn't care whether he invented the weedeater or not. We exchanged a few emails, & he told me some things that I later found out to be absolutely true. It had that proverbial "ring of truth" & I didn't doubt him at all, although he had no proof whatsoever, & I had never even heard anything like what he told me. A few years later, I saw with my own eyes exactly what he had told me about, & I remembered what he had said.

What types of behavior/activity would indicate to you that a person is lying?

This is one of those rare occasions where I have to say, "I just know." My intuition has served me well my entire life, & even saved it a couple of times, so I trust it. It doesn't let me down.

If I get undeniable evidence that someone is lying then that would indicate it, too.

Put it this way...I've not taken the best of my friends into my core areas. I never want to screw up what I've worked hard to develop. You're friggin crazy if you think I'd do so. You guys need to really get a clue what it takes. I was going to do the same crap in a different area, just as I've done in Alabama, Texas and other Georgia areas. But like I said, hasta la vista. I plan to help no one from this site. You're all a bunch of socialized welfare recipients of the bigfoot world. You want to do no work yourself in the field and criticize others. You should all go into politics. They need more people that do nothing in DC.

screw nice, your ignorance is staggering

Admin

This is one of those rare occasions where I have to say, "I just know." My intuition has served me well my entire life, & even saved it a couple of times, so I trust it. It doesn't let me down.

If I get undeniable evidence that someone is lying then that would indicate it, too.

I loved reading through those old threads with creekfreak going full tilt boogie, thumbing his nose in the face of all those reasonable folks, it was a real hoot and I genuinely enjoyed the banter.

You know back in the mid 70's there was a guy I went to high school with named Jeff C*******n. Jeff had this awesome Blue 1962 Caddy, with the long tail fins on each side of the rear. It was quite impressive and he used to drive that thing everywhere. Ever since then, I've always wanted to have a Caddy just like that one, but I was never at the right place at the right time.

About two years ago, I met a guy at PepBoys (shameless plug) and after talking with him for a little while, I mentioned that one of my favorite all time cars was the 1962 Caddy with the tail fins. He smiled at me for a moment and told me that he had one, it was blue and in great condition. He said he had intended to keep it but his wife complained that it took up too much space in their driveway (it is quite a long car). I asked him how much he wanted for it and he said he would think about it and get back to me, so I gave him my contact information. I told him that if it was reasonably priced, that I would meet with him to look it over and I'd have cash with me to buy it. I had a real good feeling about Mike, he was super friendly and just a great all around fellow "Car Guy"!

About two weeks later, "Mike" calls me and says he's got to sell the car. I asked him if he had a price in mind and he tells me that since I was a fellow "gear head" he'd take $3000.00 cash. I said WOW!!!, When can I come over and look at it and I assured him that I wasn't a 'tire kicker" (window shopper) and would have cash in hand. He tells me to "come on by the house" and we'll have a chat. I arrived about an hour later and Mike meets me in the driveway of his beautiful home. I ask if he has the Caddy in the garage (cause I didn't see it), even though I could tell that it wouldn't have fit in his garage due to the incredible length of that particular vehicle.

Mike says "It's not here right now, it's over at the tire shop having new tires and brake shoes put on it". I said "Okay, so you want me to come back later this evening or tomorrow perhaps". He said "Well, I was thinking that we could go ahead with all the paperwork, I'll get you a bill of sale, you pay me the money and I'll go over with you in the morning to pick up your Caddy". He says "It's an incredible car in original condition and it's super clean. I asked Mike if he had any photos of the Caddy and he said he thought he may have some in an old album that was stashed away in his basement but it would be too difficult for him to get to it. I asked to see the vehicle's title and he said he did have the original title but it was in the glovebox of the Caddy. So I'm standing there in Mike's driveway thinking about that Caddy and what a great guy Mike is and what an awesome price I was being offered......

Should I have handed Mike the $3000.00 cash and met him the next morning to pick up my Caddy?

Is it fair to conclude based on your responses, regarding your intuition about folks, that "if you had been in my place"- you most likely would have paid Mike right there and picked up the Caddy the next morning?

efc.

Edited by masterbarber

Is it fair to conclude based on your responses, regarding your intuition about folks, that "if you had been in my place"- you most likely would have paid Mike right there and picked up the Caddy the next morning?

No. I don't do business that way. My intuition is a lot more cynical when $3000 is involved. That's kinda comparing apples & oranges anyway, isn't it?

So, is it fair to assume that you are going to say that you found out it was all legit, & this good old boy was really having brakes & new tires put on it for you?

Edited by Sasfooty

HEY! WHAT THE HECK???

Did you get the Caddy or not?

Dang it, you told that whole story just so you could leave us all hanging, didn't you?

Oh, you wascally wabbit, I love the '62 Caddy too...

Now COME ON!!! FINISH THE STORY ALREADY!!!

:(

lets notice the underlined parts..from the OP.........

yet there are those who propose to know more ,& claim to be able to walk the walk & talk the talk with sasquatch. the common thread with these claims seems to be when questioned the discussion ends at " no need to prove it, trust me " or "doesnt matter to me what you think/believe,im right......

if they do possess these talents,id suggest they might .... be done w/out revealing locations or how to find them, i can understand privacy there,

maybe i missed it,although she reports BF hangs around her house, i dont recall sasfooty claiming to know more , walk&talk w/squatches regularly or boasting any special talents or skills concerning squatch.

those that do make those claims let her take the brunt of it,interesting..........other than the not caring about proof part,did this really apply to her?

folks might save them selves a little grief by reading OPs a lil closer,maybe?

also, not asking anyone to publicly reveal locations or methods, etc. ,that would be foolish to post private info. id just like to see pics/video,not GPS coordinates to where folks go.give the world a reason to pitch in...not a map

This image reminds me of these convos. No one is getting anywhere, but theres a whole lot of effort being put into that nothing.....FvtQv.gif

i agree. i think more & more were just spinning our wheels concerning the BF circus,between the BS factor & politics involved,no wonder regular folks w/ unexplained encounters cant get the time of day from the scientific crowd.

Wasn't referring to you for clarity.

touched on this up top.fenris brought up some important points along the way in this,as did others. B)

Now , for my points..as for the "why doesnt the world grow a set/get off your @$$ find your own " idea mentioned,other than maybe not being in an active area, id say most that dont try to engage BFdont do so for the same reason most dont rebuild their own car engines,dont pull their own wisdom teeth, or check their own prostate......cause some things may be better left to those who know how/have experience.....& most mechanics,dentists & doctors can give references w/out talking down to you or getting p-o'd cause you asked.

as for folks making big claims about talent/skills etc. that have a hang up being asked for validation... well, my friends know I hunt& fish. season rolls around, they ask"had any luck?" when I say "yes,caught/killed a big one" the reply is usually "great,so lets see the pics!" even though they know me to be honest & blessed w/ success fairly often, they still ask for the goods.seems reasonable enough, i dont tell them to buzz off.

...now,ladies & gentlemen,back to our regularly scheduled program..........

Edited by slicktrick

Admin

No. I don't do business that way. My intuition is a lot more cynical when $3000 is involved. That's kinda comparing apples & oranges anyway, isn't it?

Neither would any other reasonable person.

I believe you said you spent $5000.00(?) on video equipment, if I recall correctly, so it's not a monetary issue.

I'm sure you recognized the obvious parallels and I found it interesting that by changing the focus from a BF to a known object, your chosen course was what would be expected from a reasonable person. However, you feel it's somehow wrong when others have this very same reaction to your tale involving a BF.

Admin

HEY! WHAT THE HECK???

Dang it, you told that whole story just so you could leave us all hanging, didn't you?

Oh, you wascally wabbit, I love the '62 Caddy too...

Now COME ON!!! FINISH THE STORY ALREADY!!!

:(

No, but I do so love that car. Too bad Mike was more interested in fraud. B)

Edited by masterbarber

HEY! WHAT THE HECK???

I thought that it was a metaphor.

I think he may have been tantalizing us a little?

I believe you said you spent $5000.00(?) on video equipment, if I recall correctly, so it's not a monetary issue.

Most of it was for the night vision and extra lenses, which Hubby had kinda been wanting anyway & I wanted it to get a video, which I got. I fail to see what that has to do with whether somebody is lying or not.

I'm sure you recognized the obvious parallels and I found it interesting that by changing the focus from a BF to a known object, your chosen course was what would be expected from a reasonable person. However, you feel it's somehow wrong when others have this very same reaction to your tale involving a BF.

No, I missed the parallels. Mike was trying to steal $3000 from you, & nobody is trying to steal anything by telling their story on a bigfoot forum.