Finding Bigfoot

The white spots on the back are very bright so they're probably not a case of BF mange as I thought earlier.

Next to the original I inserted a barn owl illuminated by a night video camera. Although the feathers aren't distorted by motion blur notice the white patches the feathers produce under close IR lighting. I agree with the Vermont wildlife official who told the owner of the property that the subject in picture is an owl.

moultrie10.png

Guest VioletX

From last nights show: I remember that photo of the Bigfoot standing behind the guy picking up trash, but what was the consensus on that one here?

I feel ya, buddy, but I wouldn't wish this sort of thing on the TBRC. They fly much faster under the radar, thank you.

One of the reasons that I have more confidence in them as far as credibility goes. Not everyone feels the same way and rightly so in one case, but they are taking a more aggressive approach that has/will add to our knowledge whether you agree with that approach or not. I happen to agree with it because of what we can learn from it, successful or not. I don't mean to derail this thread, but what if the TBRC used their approach in a specific area that had a history of unsolved missing folks (think 411). Aggression meets aggression and fireworks could follow. I would not expect FB to investigate these areas as the history may paint an unpleasant picture of what bf MAY be capable of.

Guest zenmonkey

Totally agree the tbrc is where my eggs are at for sure just can't take the show seriously thank god for ranaee though lol. Hey snowman if your ever interested in getting out there hit me up I'm always going on small solo adventures

Tim, I'm sure you're a nice guy and all, but please wake up and smell the Kool Aid. This show is about ENTERTAINMENT, and to some degree it does that. At least enough that they've gotten three bites at the apple of fame. Clearly you've never been a hunter, or spent much time in the great outdoors. The fact is, apart from coons, you don't catch any sort of creatures in the woods at night by stumbling around in a group making crazy howls, beating sticks on trees, and shooting off fireworks. It doesn't work that way, and I don't care how many James Bond gizmos they've got, all wildlife is going to run full bore the other way when that kind of behavior starts up. Particularly when the reported target was at the location TWO YEARS PREVIOUS.

You can't catch a Bigfoot by sneaking up on it, this has been tried by great hunters over the years. One man hunted Bigfoot all of his life.

Last nights show was great!

You can't catch a Bigfoot by sneaking up on it, this has been tried by great hunters over the years. One man hunted Bigfoot all of his life.

Last nights show was great!

Actually, a hunter in Manitoba shot a sasquatch dead, one shot, from behind, at relatively close range in 1941, thinking it was the wounded moose he was tracking.

That's what he says; and there's no reason to doubt him. (His reported examination of the body revealed a number of subtle ape characteristics most laymen - and many scientists - don't know, which are reported from many other sasquatch encounters as well.)

Everybody acts like they're doing something wrong but nobody has done any better. Finding Bigfoot is a giant success.

I will give them one thing: Ever since this show started, every new set of recent reports on the BFRO database includes encounters from this year or last. That never happened before, and to attribute it to a rash of liars and hoaxers is, to me, naive.

That's what he says; and there's no reason to doubt him. (His reported examination of the body revealed a number of subtle ape characteristics most laymen - and many scientists - don't know, which are reported from many other sasquatch encounters as well.)

No reason to doubt him? Umm, no body for starters.

Well, no. To presume that he didn't do this because he didn't bring a body back - and if you read the account, you wouldn't have expected him to - is to do something no serious analyst can do: toss evidence based on assumptions.

As an eyewitness once put it: if you have been told your whole life that this isn't real, you don't do what everyone thinks you will.

And I should add: if you read his description, you'd have to wonder when he got his primatology degree so he'd know what features to describe. (Hint: 1941 is the first recorded use of the word "primatology," so, um, nope.)

Edited by DWA

Well, no. To presume that he didn't do this because he didn't bring a body back - and if you read the account, you wouldn't have expected him to - is to do something no serious analyst can do: toss evidence based on assumptions.

As an eyewitness once put it: if you have been told your whole life that this isn't real, you don't do what everyone thinks you will.

And I should add: if you read his description, you'd have to wonder when he got his primatology degree so he'd know what features to describe. (Hint: 1941 is the first recorded use of the word "primatology," so, um, nope.)

Seriously I would expect with a trophy like that he would have in the very least brought back a head.

Not in 1941, for a guy with a German surname, in a country at war with Germany, having shot what he, having no idea what it was, thought might conceivably be a person. I'm betting, if I'd been him, that I might have done what he did. Essentially: RUN.

Unlike Justin Smeja, he didn't do this for 15 minutes. Because he didn't want 15 minutes.

It sounds like another one of those old far-fetched stories we conveniently can't verify because, well there's nothing left. Nothing is what we have with a tale like that there.

We do have his description, which as I pointed out he isn't going to give you unless he looked at a body. Putting subtle primatological knowledge in this man's head is far more problematic than simply presuming he's telling the truth.

Particularly if you like FB. :tease: