Finding Bigfoot

Also, like the others, I'd like to know who these scientists are that are calling her a fraud.

University of Wisconsin anthropologist, John Hawks.

Yale neurologist, Dr. Steven Novella

I'm afraid MM has distanced himself from the DNA until something is proven. Dr. Ketchum jumped in with both feet and when you make a claim like that you need to show that you really have the goods.

If it wasn't a hoax you could be certain the Finding Bigfoot team would be there filming right now.

Here's what John Hawks said...

"“One benefit of the world of genetics as opposed to traditional anthropology: The original sequence data must be made available to the public. No data, no discovery.â€

Here's what Steve Novella said...

“The bottom line is this,†he wrote. “Human DNA plus some anomalies or unknowns does not equal an impossible human-ape hybrid. It equals human DNA plus some anomalies.â€

That's is not calling someone a fraud.

• Upvote 1

That's is not calling someone a fraud.

Maybe not but the coverage of it is using the "fraud" word often.

Dr. Meldrum said it "was frankly premature and unprofessional"

It don't, the media just makes it sound that way. I hope MK pulls through with the evidence soon so they stop calling it pseudoscience. They are saying it was anomaly hunting with backfilling to the desired conclusion. It's becoming an embarrassment to the entire BF community.

Guest crabshack

It don't, the media just makes it sound that way. I hope MK pulls through with the evidence soon so they stop calling it pseudoscience. They are saying it was anomaly hunting with backfilling to the desired conclusion. It's becoming an embarrassment to the entire BF community.

Not really at all, over half of people living in the US probably think we are all nuts just talking about the subject.

What main-stream media coverage isn't an embarresment to the BF community.

We don't all drink the BFRO Koolaid just as we don't all drink the MK Koolaid. Some of us try to keep an open mind and wait until the final penny has dropped.

If MK delivers the goods, goods which are irrefutable, the embaressment will be on the naysayers.

If she doesn't, it will just be another buffalo pointing the wrong way (< the Andy Griffith fans will get that one)

Either way, the BF world will move forward.

(oh, and I like the way the goalposts keep moving)

Edited by Rockape

BFF Patron

About those goal posts, yah, we may be playing and kicking field goals east-west pretty soon, lol.

Maybe not but the coverage of it is using the "fraud" word often.

Dr. Meldrum said it "was frankly premature and unprofessional"

That's not calling it a fraud. And it's right.

In science, one generally hears about the paper at the press conference announcing the findings. Not like this.

Guest poignant

Are they going to cover the "Sierra Kills"?

Justin mentioned in a radio interview that he has not been contacted by the producers of FB.

Justin mentioned in a radio interview that he has not been contacted by the producers of FB.

Tomorows show will be at the Sierra Mountains to investigate sightings. Something about windows? I don't believe it will be about the Sierra kills. I wish it was but I'm sure it will be a good one. I can't wait to see what the team is up to.

Tim....I'm sure one of us here could get you some autographs. I watch the show every week, but man...Only one cup of sugar in that Kool-Aid, brutha!

I think MM should do a special episode with Todd and Jack Hoffman, from Gold Rush.....Imagine how many guarantees would be pulled out of mid-air with no corroborating evidence?! It would be tantamount to watching an informercial out in the woods. Matt tries to glean exposure off of everybody else's finds/evidence, as if he is the foremost expert on everything Bigfoot. My man is gonna end up with carpal tunnel if he doesn't ease up his grip on everyone's coat-tails.

You have to remember that anybody and everybody who's either a skeptic, scoftic, or just people with sour grapes are going to find anything to discredit the DNA project. Even digging up dirt from the Better Business Bureau as if that's supposed to mean something- it's just silly.

Guest thermalman

They are saying it was anomaly hunting with backfilling to the desired conclusion. It's becoming an embarrassment to the entire BF community.

It sounds like a description of the what the media is doing themselves. I don't know how they can comment without knowing any more than what's been released by Melba. I kinda hope it hits them right in the face, when all said and done. :)