Rick Dyer Again

Guest Scout1959

any thoughts on recent attempts of RD to display Michael Merchant ( Team Tazer ) in a negative light for videos he made in past?

I could careless what someone's religious beliefs are and it seems like a pretty desperate attempt of RD to make some of his critics look

less worthy of support from the Bigfoot community. JUST my opinion!

I know where the homeless folks called from, but there is no way that is where it happened. A 30.06 report right there would be heard by hundreds of people, and cops would have swarmed the area within 5-15 minutes. If the sighting was authentic(I believe it was likely a hoax personally), that creature was extremely desperate to follow Culebra Creek that far into a suburban area. Culebra Creek weaves back through and away from the neiborhoods towards Government Canyon State Natural Area. I used to ride Enduro and Hare Scrambles, and my trusty KTM is completely customized for riding in tight woods, and inhospitable rocky terrain. I have covered alot of ground using satellite imagery and following the creek away to more secluded inaccessable areas, then stashing my rig and looking for anything interesting. I would love to know where this supposedly happened.

Pictures "of bigfoot" can turn out to be really weird and actually look like all kinda freaky stuff. That he took that picture I don't doubt but that it's a bigfoot, I wonder.

:Hey, here is a thought: what if it's TRUE???? oh man. That'd be terrrible! Ironical even. Cruel fate. Universe messed up.

That's the irony of RD saga..if it's TRUE, it's a sad tale..but will be the ONLY PROOF to date of BF existance. ALL other *evidence* to date has been lacking and FAILS confirmation. Having said this>>>

I will say here and now...this is a complete fabrication and panders to those (like me) who are waiting with bated breath for a confirmation. Not gonna happen..but I'll stay tuned none the less.

Edited by ronn1

Blimey! If its true that all this happened, the film crew must be reeling as to how to proceed next with their film. Imagine it - there they were, filming a real life 'monster-seeker' for their film when a monster really does show and it results in the body of a bigfoot lying right there in front of them. It does sound an amazing story and really, the whole experience should be enough to create a separate film of its own? I know of some of the films they have produced and they are fantastic and honest and highly moving films. I really find it hard to believe that this film company would produce a hoax.

I wish I knew more about psychology as, if I asked a certain question to them I could maybe figure out what lay 'between the lines' of their non-co-operative answer! I would have thought that the deadline of the release of this film would have gone array? Maybe I could ask a technical question to throw them off the scent?!

I'd be reticent to trust a film company. Remember Alien Autopsy? Do you have any titles of theirs that you would recommend? The medium is highly manipulative. I would like to see their approach to documentary filmmaking.

One pertinent point which has been missed thus far:

If the film company are bankrolling said expedition,

And if Dyer was contracted for said expedition/film,

And if he succeeded in shooting a Bigfoot on said expedition,

Then I would not be surprised if the contracted stated that all intellectual or physical property obtained during the course of filming would remain the property of the film company in question.

Anyway, we're all shut down for Xmas over here in the UK; investigative work will have to wait until the new year ;)

What I will say is that Minnow are a distinctly tabloid outfit... But that does not preclude them from being party to extraordinary events.

The receptionist's enthusiasm is likely to be general bluster to praise their output irrespective of worth.

I'd be reticent to trust a film company. Remember Alien Autopsy? Do you have any titles of theirs that you would recommend? The medium is highly manipulative. I would like to see their approach to documentary filmmaking.

Well their films are all factual and the receptionist confirmed that to me on the phone so cant believe there will be any jiggery pokery hoaxing going on. I wish I had recorded the phone conversation with her somehow!

One pertinent point which has been missed thus far:

If the film company are bankrolling said expedition,

And if Dyer was contracted for said expedition/film,

And if he succeeded in shooting a Bigfoot on said expedition,

Then I would not be surprised if the contracted stated that all intellectual or physical property obtained during the course of filming would remain the property of the film company in question.

Anyway, we're all shut down for Xmas over here in the UK; investigative work will have to wait until the new year ;)

What I will say is that Minnow are a distinctly tabloid outfit... But that does not preclude them from being party to extraordinary events.

The receptionist's enthusiasm is likely to be general bluster to praise their output irrespective of worth.

Bankrolling question: THey got an award from the British Film Institute of £7.5k not much but I think they are sponsored by the BBC. http://industry.bfi.org.uk/awards?awardid=17003

RD Contract: I think so as they are apparantly following several people for this film in different parts of the world

Property Rights: The camper video is of course RD's but any other footage would definately belong to the Film Company as they shot it on their cameras with their camera crew. The ball is in their court.

It's hard to believe this *story* hasn't leaked to mainstream media and accounts of having a body haven't been corroborated by locals (it was a camp site with homeless people in the area) and others. After all, there is mention of calling authoriries to view the body and concerns (by Minnow) that laws may have been broken as well. Then you have the sheer task of transporting a 500LB plus giant to the *secure site*! I find it hard to accept that there weren't any others who may have witnessed this. This is no small undertaking to say the least. Then you have a well known university partaking in studying and analyzing the body. You're going to have LEAKS here for sure! But instead...we ONLY get info from ONE person..DYER.

Hard to accept a story like this.

Edited by ronn1

Just got some interesting info on Dyer. Rumor has it that he got a brand new Lincoln Navigator worth $70K from a payment given him by Minnow Films for his *work* with them. However..it *appears* that the car shown in the picture floating around the web is actually his 2003 Navigator? Here is the link:

http://squatchdetective.wordpress.com/

Edited by ronn1

I also saw a recent video by him (well I didn't watch it, but read the title) that says "I quit"....apparently he can't take the haters anymore.

I try not to think about fringe BFers, or BFers generally, and have slipped these past months as I stayed glued to news waiting for a respectable DNA analysis....and as a result in just these few months I have read about several "kills," today a "capture" and so on...wow, didn't realize so many make such claims so often!

On Dyer, before I fell alseep, without me willing it for sure!, an idea popped forth to harmonize his claims and Minnows: Oh yeah, it big...they have a movie about a Hoaxer hoaxing again...right thru the internet wars, etc.....and potentially getting top ten video from FB/FB (did they? I don't belong) and the story becomes "Big" in that the circus continues?

Today Ed Smith writes more rumors, with "if" and "maybe" that four guys "captured" a BF and are holding it...lots of puffery on the MABRC cite, and I am thinking, WTFKs

anyone?

Dyer said he quit ? I bet it was because of the video about merchant, I bet he is getting sued over it. You can't manipulate someone's video to show them as a racist, that's defamation of character, and with dyer's extremely dirty hands and past track record, any judge will hang him out to dry. I'd bet money, minnow did this to show in the documentary what great lengths a hoaxer will go though to hoax. They haven't made any statement about his claims, witch seems odd.

Edited by zigoapex

Guest Thepattywagon

Dyer said he quit ? I bet it was because of the video about merchant, I bet he is getting sued over it. You can't manipulate someone's video to show them as a racist, that's defamation of character, and with dyer's extremely dirty hands and past track record, any judge will hang him out to dry. I'd bet money, minnow did this to show in the documentary what great lengths a hoaxer will go though to hoax. They haven't made any statement about his claims, witch seems odd.

Zig, are you saying that the production company's goal was to show a hoaxer in action, but Dyer wasn't aware of this? He thought he was fooling them, when in fact they are doing a doc on hoaxed videos with him as their ignorant star witness?

If so, how poetic.

BFF Patron

lets not forget about this one Friday, May 11, 2012

Rick Dyer, the man who calls himself "the best bigfoot tracker in the world" has released a couple of photos from about 60 taken of what he says is a young bigfoot. The pictures were taken in Florida this year.

rdbf2.png

Yep, that's old Bark Biter, I'd know him from anywhere! A Legend in His Own Mind!