Rick Dyer Again

Guest Scout1959

I still dont know whats wrong with Robert Lindsay who everyone also seems to hate?..........................But coming into this argument, naively and I guess objectively what I see is footage of a bigfoot that FBFB seem pretty convinced is real ................... and use this Rick Dyer bloke to follow

I didn't know who he was either, so I spent maybe three or four minutes at his blog. There are many detestable individuals roaming this Earth, but it's hard to imagine disliking a guy for more seperate reasons. The crazy pedo talk being first of all.

FBFB says everything is real.

Hoaxers should be completely ignored.

I didn't know who he was either, so I spent maybe three or four minutes at his blog. There are many detestable individuals roaming this Earth, but it's hard to imagine disliking a guy for more seperate reasons. The crazy pedo talk being first of all.

FBFB says everything is real.

Hoaxers should be completely ignored.

Oh god uck - what crazy pedo talk?

I CALLED MINNOW FILMS JUST NOW!!!!

Ok guys. I bit the bullet and called Minnow Films just now. I spoke to a very friendly receptionist and the conversation went as follows:

me: 'Hi. I was wondering if I can speak to someone in PR regarding the premier of your film in production 'of monsters and men'

Her: slight pause 'Oh right. Can I take your phone number and I can get someone to call you back' Are you a contributor'?

me: 'well I am a contributer of Bigfoot forum and we just would like to ask a few questions about this films release. Is it still due to be premiered at the Tribeca Festival in NY in April do you know"

her: 'I'm not sure about that its still in production'

me: 'This is a documentary this film isnt it, and completely factual'?

her: 'yes completely. Can I take your email address and I can get someone to answer your questions better regarding dates etc'?

me: I give email address. 'will there be a press release prior to its premier do you know'?

her: 'oh yes there will be alot of press prior to this film - its going to be a great film' (she says this statement with quite an emphasis which leads me to say)...

me: 'hmmm...oh right! (Then i kind of laugh) 'that sounds interesting! Well thank you very much and we are all very much looking forward to seeing this film'.

Phone call ends.

Conclusion: She was very helpful but I could tell that she was had been prepared beforehand to act on any queries regarding this film with 'take the callers name, number and email address'. She definately, definately, definately inferred that this film will be quite big! And also she confirmed to me that the film was going to be totally factual!

.....lets see what happens in this film....tick tick tick....sometimes time is so slow!

My predictions...

Ok. I think one of two predictions for this movie.

a) that the whole thing is going to be the real deal

B) that RD abused his position with the film makers and him and his mates fake the bigfoot camper video and that is why Minnow Films has apparantly chucked him out.

This film will probably end up like the great Banksy film 'exit through the giftshop' where there is an unexpected twist at the end which completely confuses everyone.

Yesssss! Woo Hoo! I am so excited!! (see my post with phone conversation).

Jack - well thanks for the call, takes some bravado! Nothing in it sets off an alarm, except her immediate awareness...which could only mean others have called. The promise for Big is in keeping with any hopeful company employee. Getting back to you holds promise, if they do. So, BIG could be simply an ending that exposes this new hoax...lol or not!

But, since you got a toe in the door I would keep at it, I am interested, and would be disappointed if such news were real and sprung on all of us via a movie

p.s. if you get on the phone again, anyone, I would be inclined to be direct and say, Dyer claims to have shot and killed a BF in Texas and given the stress (or whatever reason we have a need to know LOL) on the witnesses/BF followers and Dyer's past...and current promises, we are feeling militant! Cough up the truth or risk what? LOL they have the cards, and the only thing that will produce what we want to hear is that CEO's conscience, or someone's in the know...or our Governmanet agencies..humm

Sounds like April for a reveal to me...unless in fact the DNA testing after break is intended for release?

Today, we have an old Sierra Kills story still unresolved, HD footage from EP, Dyer claiming he killed one, TBRC still hoping to do so, Ketchum's DNA apparently poised for release, Oxford in the run, and it looks like a few independent labs with some samples from Finding Bigfoot among others...and so on...seems all of this should become public one way or the other and some answers/results shared eventually? Or not!

Scientific American has a Winter 2013 special edition ' What does it mean to be human? And it seems there is a bit of set-up tp prepare the steadfast? that in fact we are a mixed bag of genetics......

nice overview of current accepted science view...or highlights the arguments.....

I noticed another mag also echoing this stuff...was it Nat'l Geo....anyway it seems to me that finally this realization is spreading in circles that might count or have funding to achieve what? Peer review....or apparently a body.....and I am thinking now, that may not do it....even with Knowledge we as a race/nation might ignore it... it seems that the competitive BFers do more to destroy their evidence among themselves than any critics....? If we as a "community" were behind any single effort....then the hurdle is the skeptics and/or inertia......still sounds rough!

Edited by apehuman

Did I just write that if the "community" got behind one single effort...LOL Geez! Jet lag..it's dark here and for a moment I lost my mind. To me the competition among the many amateurs (and now professionals?) for this "prize" is the ill, even more than any skeptic or even "conspiracy of disinformation." It seems in some ways comparable to what we read about the '49ers and the Gold Rush, and Gold Fever....

so Bigfoot Fever....unrealistic dreams of riches and fame...when in fact it really means...like the gold seekers, mostly back breaking boring work, wet and cold, which resulted in little profit, and that spent locally for most. Locations of claims secret and betrayals rampant. Shot in the back by a partner. But some did get wealthy beyond imaginings (here in Chico it's Bidwell - American River gold) and so it kept the others going.

To some Finding Bigfoot is making it.....our Gold Baron Bidwell..is MM

If it were simply science and truth, that Ketchum, or many others, were seeking we would have had a different trajectory I am convinced, but it isn't..there is a mix of ego/greed/hope or whatever one values to justify the desire to be "the one," even if it means shooting a child, or a Bigfoot in the back of the head, or not sharing with Genbank early and bringing others in...

or even now, I don't see any cooperation between BFRO, Meldrum, Ketchum, and Oxford (yes, I know Meldrum is now fairly tight with Sykes or so it seems, but it doesn't seem to have arisen from him, but Anna N. or Rhett and Bigfootlogy?) ...if you do please enlighten me!.

Edited by apehuman

Guest VioletX

Hey Jacki!!

thank you!!!

I will write more, running out to baby's dr check-up... I am going to go out on a limb and say that I do believe Rick Dyer's story-more later.

Hey Jacki!!

thank you!!!

I will write more, running out to baby's dr check-up... I am going to go out on a limb and say that I do believe Rick Dyer's story-more later.

Hi - Yes the receptionist DEFINATELY was dying to spill out a massive story to me about this film - without a doubt. As soon as I said that I was a contributor of Bigfoot Forums there was a 'charge' in the tone of the conversation and she changed her tone completely. Not to a tone of 'of god not another nutter whose heard a stupid rumour' but a tone of 'you're gonna love this film'. I am certain that this film is going to be pretty interesting.

Unfortunately I too will go out on a limb and say that I too think that the awful w*nker Rick Dyer is also telling the truth this time. Sorry guys, but I do. 'eek' :o

Well, I am going with your take on the surprise/enthusiasm in her voice...it sounds big...and given my new view...that the most disgusting scenario may be the ticket to some kind of control over this mess... I am Ok with it as a "final solution" I guess.

I can't change it, but I can hope to contribute to how we might view that event or Bigfoots in the future?

That is not to say, go for it TBRC, or anyone...it is the antithesis of what I think we should be doing as researchers, or provers....but that's another thread!

Irony...ironic, it's the iconic word for the youngest generation..all things are ironic...

this as a friend said, would be the ultimate irony..

and perhaps a kind of divine justice, in that regardless of professed motivation (we all seem to carry some justification for this self-appointment..from altruism to profit)...that in fact, no one rises, really, above this very bare and base ambition embodied in Dyer.

We are trying to prove a sentient, free-willed, hominid species that desires to remain hidden and which proof may not provide any enlightenment for us, or good outcome for BFs........I feel sick!

Edited by apehuman

Well, I am going with your take on the surprise/enthusiasm in her voice...it sounds big...and given my new view...that the most disgusting scenario may be the ticket to some kind of control over this mess... I am Ok with it as a "final solution" I guess.

I can't change it, but I can hope to contribute to how we might view that event or Bigfoots in the future?

That is not to say, go for it TBRC, or anyone...it is the antithesis of what I think we should be doing as researchers, or provers....but that's another thread!

Irony...ironic, it's the iconic word for the youngest generation..all things are ironic...

this as a friend said, would be the ultimate irony..

and perhaps a kind of divine justice, in that regardless of professed motivation (we all seem to carry some justification for this self-appointment..from altruism to profit)...that in fact, no one rises, really, above this very bare and base ambition embodied in Dyer.

We are trying to prove a sentient, free-willed, hominid species that desires to remain hidden and which proof may not provide any enlightenment for us, or good outcome for BFs........I feel sick!

Yes, If it is true then it is a sorry irony. However the positive of this would be 'footage of a bigfoot shot in the head whilst passively eating by a crazed lunatic who wants to be famous' = that would show a need for the protection of these animals. What better publicity for that notion than this could be..?

I was thinking about how the story said it was shot. It was 8'9" and he said one shot killed it. If the shot killed it and the bullet came through the mouth then the Bigfoot had to be way down a hill with dyer shooting down on it. Of course that could be the case, but I'm wondering.

Also, the more I think about govt officials seeing a creature that large dead that looks lie a hairy human the more I wonder. I guess they came out saw it, took some photos and then said cool we are leaving now do whatever with it. Oh and yeah we won't mention it to anyone.

I'm really surprised someone hasn't called some law inforcement in that area to check on it. We know where it happened and a whole bunch of people supposedly contacted law enforcement about Justin's story. Anyone want to volunteer for that?

I was thinking about how the story said it was shot. It was 8'9" and he said one shot killed it. If the shot killed it and the bullet came through the mouth then the Bigfoot had to be way down a hill with dyer shooting down on it. Of course that could be the case, but I'm wondering.

Also, the more I think about govt officials seeing a creature that large dead that looks lie a hairy human the more I wonder. I guess they came out saw it, took some photos and then said cool we are leaving now do whatever with it. Oh and yeah we won't mention it to anyone.

I'm really surprised someone hasn't called some law inforcement in that area to check on it. We know where it happened and a whole bunch of people supposedly contacted law enforcement about Justin's story. Anyone want to volunteer for that?

Yes thats a very good idea. I was thinking too how they said that the body is with a University, if thats the case then do you reacon its with Dr Jeff Meldrum at Idaho University. Has anyone seen any comments Dr Meldrum has said on this story? Is there any way in trying to get some kind of feedback from him do you know?

Well, thanks for making the call JackiLB, I guess a sort of non answer is better than no answer at all. And maybe someone else will contact you yet.

As for any "Officials" contacted, it would more than likely be either the Texas Parks and Wildlife and/or Bexar County Sheriff.

And if it was kept in state, the body would most likely be with one of the Texas A&M schools.

That said, I still don't believe a word of this.

Jack - well thanks for the call, takes some bravado! Nothing in it sets off an alarm, except her immediate awareness...which could only mean others have called. The promise for Big is in keeping with any hopeful company employee. Getting back to you holds promise, if they do. So, BIG could be simply an ending that exposes this new hoax...lol or not!

But, since you got a toe in the door I would keep at it, I am interested, and would be disappointed if such news were real and sprung on all of us via a movie

p.s. if you get on the phone again, anyone, I would be inclined to be direct and say, Dyer claims to have shot and killed a BF in Texas and given the stress (or whatever reason we have a need to know LOL) on the witnesses/BF followers and Dyer's past...and current promises, we are feeling militant! Cough up the truth or risk what? LOL they have the cards, and the only thing that will produce what we want to hear is that CEO's conscience, or someone's in the know...or our Governmanet agencies..humm

Sounds like April for a reveal to me...unless in fact the DNA testing after break is intended for release?

Today, we have an old Sierra Kills story still unresolved, HD footage from EP, Dyer claiming he killed one, TBRC still hoping to do so, Ketchum's DNA apparently poised for release, Oxford in the run, and it looks like a few independent labs with some samples from Finding Bigfoot among others...and so on...seems all of this should become public one way or the other and some answers/results shared eventually? Or not!

Scientific American has a Winter 2013 special edition ' What does it mean to be human? And it seems there is a bit of set-up tp prepare the steadfast? that in fact we are a mixed bag of genetics......

nice overview of current accepted science view...or highlights the arguments.....

I noticed another mag also echoing this stuff...was it Nat'l Geo....anyway it seems to me that finally this realization is spreading in circles that might count or have funding to achieve what? Peer review....or apparently a body.....and I am thinking now, that may not do it....even with Knowledge we as a race/nation might ignore it... it seems that the competitive BFers do more to destroy their evidence among themselves than any critics....? If we as a "community" were behind any single effort....then the hurdle is the skeptics and/or inertia......still sounds rough!

Apehuman - I really dont think the receptionist would have given away anything if I'd asked her straight about it. But maybe someone else could try? Now you know what the formula is ie. that they will take down your contact details and 'get back to you'. Its finding a way round this incase they dont get back...? If this is true, then it sounds like press releases will come first before the film is shown.

Guest VioletX

Thanks again Jacki ; )

+ for you

Dyer said last night that the body is with a major university, I can try and scope that out.

I think that if the film were not a big deal the recept would have been more low key.

Now just waiting for the members to come tell us we are gullible,lol!

Rick said he never wants another one shot and that he did it to get the proof that is needed as well as his own vindication. He claims to have over 80 expeditions under his belt, if so then maybe we should not find it so unlikely that he is the one to have done this.

If he has been dealing with the backlash from his freezer hoax, he has more motivation than anyone to produce evidence.

Hi VioletX - can you tell me where I can read this about Rick Dyers latest statement?

Yes I can see how he's so hated and it would be a real blow to alot of Bigfooters that he of all people might be the one who bags the first Bigfoot but I think if there is footage of him shooting a defenseless animal that so many people have been waiting to see, then he wont get great kudos from it.

My money says this is a publicity stunt. They are probably trying to ensure a return on their investment. They probably realized they were hoodwinked by Dyer after spending enough time and money on him to want to bail, then he cooked this up in an attempt to get his stupid mug seen in more videos. I've skimmed one or two of his videos where he's doing things like fanning a stack of money for viewers like a big twelve year old, or bragging about his Bigfoot-ing prowess. Does this sound like a serious researcher to you? I would be sickened if he was the one to produce a body.

I have a feeling we are in for the hoax of all hoaxes, followed by some lame story about Ray-Ban wearing, black Suburban driving, guys from some undiclosed government agency taking the evidence.

Edited by Irish73