Rick Dyer Again

Guest Scout1959

Hey, Ronn1. I'm pretty sure Alex did not have a heads up about Tim Fasano calling in.

About Alex changing his mind: He explained how that happened pretty well, I thought. When all this started going down, he was focused on other things, and not particularly interested in any of it anyway (he has "hoax ennuie", like everyone else); so he was happy to rely on the opinion of someone he trusted to get a sense of what was true in all this. But as the volume has continued to crank up on all this, and as he got out from under some of his other work, he was able to turn his attention to this for a bit, and do his own analysis.

And in the doing of that analysis, he has come up with an opinion different from his friend's.

But it's just that: an opinion.

I personally hold Alex's opinion in higher regard than I do almost anybody else's.

But that doesn't prevent me from having an opinion of my own.

I still think there's a chance this story is true. Alex could well be right, and the story might not be true.

He could also be wrong.

I am willing to wait to find out the real truth.

Why this is so hard for people to do, I just don't know.

Anyway, Ronn1, don't let this shake you or worry you. It's only another opinion. Granted, from someone who knows his stuff! But it's only an opinion.

And you know I love you, so I can say this: Alex is only doing exactly what you did: showing he has the courage to change his mind. It's kind of funny, in a way, that you've both done something so courageous, but arrived at different conclusions.

But that's part of the point of this whole story. We all get to think whatever we like!!!! The point is to try to be respectful in the way we express those opinions, and as brave as we can be in showing how we've arrived where we've arrived.

WHERE we actually arrive is not important.

So in that way, both you and Alex will always be heroes in my mind.

Keep on keepin' on, my friend, and never worry. All is well!!!!!!!

Hi Leaf..

I remain absolutely steadfast in my belief in Dyer's story and nothing has come out (since the Musky viewing) to challenge this belief.

As far as Munoz...I think if he had said UP FRONT that he believed Dyer at first and now changed his mind, that would have come across a much more genuine to me. Keep in mind...he came out with a video just recently AFTER the Musky interview backing Dyer's claim, so this comes as a BIG turnaround indeed. I think he felt pressure from others and simply succumbed to it.

Edited by ronn1

@ Skyla-Rick had a film company and does his own little skits, why not have a green screen?

Had a film company. He sold it two months ago right? Did you ever see anything from his film company with CGI?

@ronn No, I'm not of Russian decent. Mostly English on my mother's side, and some Scottish and Prussian ( German ) on my father's side. I actually did quite an extensive research into my family tree this past year, it was very interesting.

Have you seen the Munoz video on Dyer? I suggest you take look. Dyer recently put up short takes of Munoz as bragging rights to his award...but he has the LONG version there too..posted a week or two ago. If you haven't seen it, I suggest you take a look.

What is the point you want to make about Munoz changing his mind. He didn't lie about anything. He was admittedly fooled but then as time progressed started to see more holes in the story. I don't think he would change his mind just to give into "pressure". Didn't you change your mind as well on this very issue?

Hi Leaf..

I remain absolutely steadfast in my belief in Dyer's story and nothing has come out (since the Musky viewing) to challenge this belief.

As far as Munoz...I think if he had said UP FRONT that he believed Dyer at first and now changed his mind, that would have come across a much more genuine to me. Keep in mind...he came out with a video just recently AFTER the Musky interview backing Dyer's claim, so this comes as a BIG turnaround indeed. I think he felt pressure from others and simply succumbed to it.

Man, you go to bed early and if you are not on top of your game the next day this story passes you by.... what evidence did Munoz present last night that he thinks its a Hoax? And It sounds as if Fasano is a two timer.

Man, you go to bed early and if you are not on top of your game the next day this story passes you by.... what evidence did Munoz present last night that he thinks its a Hoax? And It sounds as if Fasano is a two timer.

I don't know why Fasano even called in. Nothing he said was substantial or ground breaking. lol

Skyla...

You were never going to tell...LOL...thanks. Was just curious.

I don't think CGI was used on tent vid..there have been a GAZILLION views of this vid and no one has been able to provide an argument supporting CGI. The tent screen poses a real obstacle as well. Dyer always had his cell phone set for LOW pic data because he wanted to be able to promptly send his pics out (e mail). So you also have a low quality video to start with.

Edited by ronn1

He wasn't happy with the looks of the tent video, after he examined it more closely. Other things were said, too, but I didn't get all of it....

Guest VioletX

Had a film company. He sold it two months ago right? Did you ever see anything from his film company with CGI?

He still likes to film himself right ; 0 )The green screen is separate from CGI, and I have never seen any of his films. I did send the Tent Video to a special effects company but no reply...

Ronn1, tiny point: I don't think Alex brought Tim Fasano onto the show. I think Tim Fasano got there under his own power, for whatever that's worth.....

This is correct. Tim called in and Alex didn't know who he was until Tim said where he was from, then Alex knew. I would also like to add, Alex is a very good friend of mine and he is FAR from a flake. He is extremely bright and has a very nice business he owns that does very well.

KB

I don't know why Fasano even called in. Nothing he said was substantial or ground breaking. lol

I heard Fasano rant on Sharon Lee..it was pretty nasty. Shows his true colors. Fasano has it all..the good ..the bad...and the ugly.

I agree with you, Skyla. I don't think Alex is someone who allows people to pressure him. Maybe in some far-distant past, but not now. ;) That's my sense, anyway.

I heard Fasano rant on Sharon Lee..it was pretty nasty. Shows his true colors. Fasano has it all..the good ..the bad...and the ugly.

...............just like the rest of us............ :)

Edited to say:

P.S. I know you know this. I'm just being an opportunist and using what you said to make a point.....

Edited by LeafTalker

Jacki's wrong. I was a graphic designer when I did marketing and advertising for a golf course for 8 years. The only thing that takes considerable time would be the text since that is what you go back and forth with to the people that decide what the copy will be. The artwork is a matter of hours. I could get entire websites designed in an hour or two. Figuring out what the client wants to fill in the content is what takes time. The artist himself said he did it for fun. As for the name, it was listed and posted long before that Tribeca had the grant list and the name was there. Since he does posters for a living also, you don't think he checks it?

Sorry, it doesn't prove anything.

Ronn - i've watched everything multiple times. Him doing a 180 is nothing compared to the story changes by RD in this story alone. First he shot it with a pistol, then it was one shot with a rifle, now it's two with a rifle. And it's because of these inconsistencies that he started removing every old video. But it's precisely why I don't believe anyone by word alone. It has to be physical evidence. Which only lies on the hoax side.

Edited by njjohn

I believed rick said on his blog he had a supporter vamp up his website at no charge......so why wouldn't someone offer to make that graphic. I am no where near an expert on graphic designs and do not know the time frame someone would put into such a project. My argument is that it is totally plausible one of RD's "supporters" could of created the graphic and it is not the cover for the movie.

Edited by simplyskyla

For what it's worth.....Last night I offered Rick that I would pay my own expense, I could be out there week after next. I would view the body, report back to all here and all of my FB groups. He sure had time to respond to my messages, these he ignored. I even followed him over to his show and asked his wife, they wouldn't respond to my offer. I called Musky for stuff his was talking about with Alex and he said he would e-mail me the information, that didn't happen either after I provided my e-mail. Seems there are only a select few that can see anything.

KB