Rick Dyer Again

Guest Scout1959

This interview took place in May of 2012 (months before the Dyer incident is supposed to have taken place)

It's an interesting 90 minute interview with "Shooting Sasquatch" director Morgan Matthews. It was posted on youtube 2 weeks ago as part of the Shefield documentary film festival interview series. I must say Matthews comes accross as a very serious and sensable fellow, quite the opposite of Dyer himeslf.

Hey Miller44 - I posted this weeks ago. I think some people watched it, but not many which is a pity as it gives you a very clear idea what kind of a film company Minnow are what kind of a film its going to be :) There will be no hoaxing in one of Minnows films thats fer shure!!!

Hi,

When this hoax is revealed, which I believe it inevitably will be, and sooner rather than later it seems, the blame can be put squarely at the foot of one door: the Bigfoot community itself. People will no doubt come out squirming; some will be incredulous; others will be furious. But instead of looking at themselves, they'll pin the blame on Rick Dyer.

Whilst RD has no doubt played a pivotal role in this whole pantomime and can be painted as the villain, it should be incumbent the Bigfoot community to take a step back and engage in some critical thinking and stop letting their heart rule their head. Sure, it's naivety on the part of some, but others should know better. We know what Rick Dyer is all about.

If we'd have stuck together as a community, and not engaged Rick, we wouldn't be nearly 300 pages in on a person who frankly doesn't deserve it. If we'd have all stuck together and demanded proof from the off, then we'd have had this thing wrapped up months ago. Instead, we are letting the story perpetuate and it is almost frenzied sometimes. It's not Rick Dyer's fault - he is an attention seeker, a narcissist who craves attention.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, though, and we are where we are. But if people stop giving Rick the attention, stop feeding this story as being true, his hand will be forced, and he'll either come up with the goods or make more mistakes, which will lead to the further unravelling of this story.

And if the story is true, everyone is a winner: those who believe, the skeptics, science - you name it. Because we will have proof. But if it is a hoax, then it is only the Bigfoot community that are the losers, because it's further evidence that we are crackpots who believe in bogeymen and fairytales. No-one outside the community will differentiate between those who believed the story and those who didn't.

This story is becoming a bit of a touchy subject to say the least - some people are even getting mad about it. It's ridiculous! We've had this thread closed once and if you look on FBFB some of the vitriol on there is quite shocking. It's beyond me how something like this could have reached this juncture.

Look, I'm not trying to come across as some know-it-all sage or the Dalai Lama of Bigfootery. I'm not, and in fact I know very little. I just think that the community is its own worst enemy sometimes, and blindly believing someone like Rick Dyer cannot be good. I was hoping that we might be somewhere closer to mainstream acceptance with the release of the Ketchum paper. Seems that's not the case. And when this latest hoax is revealed, it will be even worse.

There are people who are praising RD like he is some kind of saviour, before he has come up with ANYTHING substantial. It's all talk with him. That's it. There is nothing else. I will gladly become his number 1 fan if wait he is saying is true and he can prove it. Until then, he remains what he is: a hoaxer.

Best,

Lee

Edited by dopelyrics
  • Upvote 1

I see the British Newspaper the Daily Mail has done a scoop on the story. Oh dear! This newspaper is one of the worst British Newspapers you can get - they used to throw dirt even at Princess Diana :queen:

I look forward to reading about the story in the Times and the Independant and it will probably appear in 'The Week' too :)

Guest Llawgoch

This game warden thing could go two ways:

A. "Awe fellas I was just doing a movie stunt, promote the film that's all". No harm done.............

OR

B. Uses this scheme to have the body taken away by the Wildlife Authorities. Nothing I could do about them boys took it away.

And so the saga continues folks..............Stay tuned many more pages to follow..

What's the betting it's B, but he only says this if and when Derek Randles arrives. Thereby not only providing himself a get-out but having made Derek Randles waste his own money and time on a journey. That;s a win-win scenario for Dyer.

Well looky here....looky here. Ummm, rick..... you might wanna give Roland a call buddy. LOL!

http://www.tpwd.stat...ml?county=BEXAR

( if you listen to the game warden message again, he says his name is Roland and that his number is 210-413-3525 )

Or more likely Dyer found the same info and this is all part of the exit strategy. I must admit the only interesting part of this for me is the exit strategy. He didn't have one for the last debacle though so it's possible he doesn't really have one for this either.

Edited by Llawgoch
  • Upvote 1

..also I am betting that reporters from the Daily Mail would have paid Minnows offices a visit for a scoop...hehe...and if they did, then I bet Morgan Matthews would have enjoyed turning them away given that the newspaper is the antithesis of what Minnow films is all about.......

I called the warden's number knowing it was Sunday and office would be closed.....as I suspected I was able to hear a voice mail.

Same guy that called RD for sure.

I called the warden's number knowing it was Sunday and office would be closed.....as I suspected I was able to hear a voice mail.

Same guy that called RD for sure.

Interesting. thanks for the update Skyla!

The State of Texas has been apprised of these claims by RD. If Rick did in fact shoot an unknown creature here and removed it from the state, then there will be problems for him. Big Problems. Bexar county is more than likely viewing this as a Hoax. Or so i have heard. Rick was careful to not involve Law Enforcement, he realizes the criminal aspects of involving authorities for a hoax. Very Clever RD. Give him credit for that.

This is a Hoax. Plain and simple. And like others here have said, this is a sad commentary on the state of folks who want to believe SOOOOO bad.

Dyer is on record as predicting that he "did it before, he'll do it again" wow, c'mon people. seriously?

I have friends and college buddies both in Texas Department of Wildlife and Bexar County Sheriffs department. They laughed when I asked them about the potential that this is true. The consequences for RD if this went down the way it did, would be severe.

This will unravel fast now. and thus it should.

Do you all think that once this one is proven hoax, Dyer will have to wait another five years before trying it again on such a large scale? Give the guy credit, he knows how to exploit the human psyche. I think he is in the wrong line of work.

Guest Cervelo

^^^^

He has definately pegged the attention span of about half the US public, shoulda been a politician!

Edited by Cervelo

Game on for Cisco the kid!

Listen to 1:48.55 Rick says he'll be in San Antonio in the next "2 or 3 weeks" and he's willing to go out to the kill site with someone to verify the height of the subject in the tent vid

Cisco you got your ears on old buddy?

How about just showing the alleged body...good grief!!!!

Guest VioletX

Well looky here....looky here. Ummm, rick..... you might wanna give Roland a call buddy. LOL!

http://www.tpwd.stat...ml?county=BEXAR

( if you listen to the game warden message again, he says his name is Roland and that his number is 210-413-3525 )

You might want to message that to RD Skyla.

I am sure he will cal him back. :D

Hi,

When this hoax is revealed, which I believe it inevitably will be, and sooner rather than later it seems, the blame can be put squarely at the foot of one door: the Bigfoot community itself. People will no doubt come out squirming; some will be incredulous; others will be furious. But instead of looking at themselves, they'll pin the blame on Rick Dyer.

Whilst RD has no doubt played a pivotal role in this whole pantomime and can be painted as the villain, it should be incumbent the Bigfoot community to take a step back and engage in some critical thinking and stop letting their heart rule their head. Sure, it's naivety on the part of some, but others should know better. We know what Rick Dyer is all about.

If we'd have stuck together as a community, and not engaged Rick, we wouldn't be nearly 300 pages in on a person who frankly doesn't deserve it. If we'd have all stuck together and demanded proof from the off, then we'd have had this thing wrapped up months ago. Instead, we are letting the story perpetuate and it is almost frenzied sometimes. It's not Rick Dyer's fault - he is an attention seeker, a narcissist who craves attention.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, though, and we are where we are. But if people stop giving Rick the attention, stop feeding this story as being true, his hand will be forced, and he'll either come up with the goods or make more mistakes, which will lead to the further unravelling of this story.

And if the story is true, everyone is a winner: those who believe, the skeptics, science - you name it. Because we will have proof. But if it is a hoax, then it is only the Bigfoot community that are the losers, because it's further evidence that we are crackpots who believe in bogeymen and fairytales. No-one outside the community will differentiate between those who believed the story and those who didn't.

This story is becoming a bit of a touchy subject to say the least - some people are even getting mad about it. It's ridiculous! We've had this thread closed once and if you look on FBFB some of the vitriol on there is quite shocking. It's beyond me how something like this could have reached this juncture.

Look, I'm not trying to come across as some know-it-all sage or the Dalai Lama of Bigfootery. I'm not, and in fact I know very little. I just think that the community is its own worst enemy sometimes, and blindly believing someone like Rick Dyer cannot be good. I was hoping that we might be somewhere closer to mainstream acceptance with the release of the Ketchum paper. Seems that's not the case. And when this latest hoax is revealed, it will be even worse.

There are people who are praising RD like he is some kind of saviour, before he has come up with ANYTHING substantial. It's all talk with him. That's it. There is nothing else. I will gladly become his number 1 fan if wait he is saying is true and he can prove it. Until then, he remains what he is: a hoaxer.

Best,

Lee

Great post Lee!

I've been thinking the same thing, just wasn't able to put in a post as well as you did.

The State of Texas has been apprised of these claims by RD. If Rick did in fact shoot an unknown creature here and removed it from the state, then there will be problems for him. Big Problems. Bexar county is more than likely viewing this as a Hoax. Or so i have heard. Rick was careful to not involve Law Enforcement, he realizes the criminal aspects of involving authorities for a hoax. Very Clever RD. Give him credit for that.

This is a Hoax. Plain and simple. And like others here have said, this is a sad commentary on the state of folks who want to believe SOOOOO bad.

Dyer is on record as predicting that he "did it before, he'll do it again" wow, c'mon people. seriously?

I have friends and college buddies both in Texas Department of Wildlife and Bexar County Sheriffs department. They laughed when I asked them about the potential that this is true. The consequences for RD if this went down the way it did, would be severe.

This will unravel fast now. and thus it should.

Do you all think that once this one is proven hoax, Dyer will have to wait another five years before trying it again on such a large scale? Give the guy credit, he knows how to exploit the human psyche. I think he is in the wrong line of work.

Yes Skunk I too have made Inquiries with the County SO and got the same response from the PO officer.

BFF Patron

How about just showing the alleged body...good grief!!!!

How about just bringing the handcuffs for RD or meet him at the city limits and tell him the city of San Antone is closed for the day, that should send him packing with the Gold Bond!