The Kill Club

norseman

It's best if it's an individual, not a team.  It also doesn't matter if you bring in only one piece of the animal; however, I'm partial to a lower leg to use later as an umbrella stand, or a hand that can be fashioned to hold a Waterford crystal ashtray, on the coffee table, as a conversation piece.  Those are the correct answers to your questions.

I'm writing as fast as I can.............dang writer's cramp!

No need to get a hand cramp, it's on the interwebs, it'll be around forever.

Mouse cramp? Copy>Paste>Repeat!

• 3 weeks later...

If the goal is to provide a specimen for species recognition, more than one person will need to be involved and not just for taking that specimen, but also for documenting/recording the entire event. I have given you an idea that would probably be successful and that will take more than one individual. I would suggest a team of 3 and maybe 4.

Any successful plan that I can think of will be extremely dangerous, time consuming, and costly. Going into even the most active area would still be a one in a million shot. Start with the basics and assume bf is a very intelligent predatory animal. What is their weakness? Every animal has a weakness and that will be based on its survival and reproductive instinct. They are not human nor are they an ape, IMO, but if they exist as a flesh and blood animal, they do die just like us. If they are young, they will make mistakes and if they are old, they will have become weaker.

If they are flesh and blood, the plan I have in mind would have a better chance of success than most, but it is just too dangerous to put into place. If bf is anything other than F@B, then you get to spend some time in the woods learning more about known animals. All the other crap about permits is just fluff and if it becomes a concern, there are many ways around it as discussed in other posts.

I applaud those of you that are putting in a serious effort to prove bf existence.

I've started a operation thread in general discussion as well as on the project Grendel website called operation northern sweep. Like to hear your take on it!

Hey Norse....I skimmed the Grendel website but haven't really had time to jump in there yet. I'm not even sure it will be possible to recover one of these animals, but I also think keeping it as simple as possible will be important. Some basic things I think would need to done.

1. Appeal to a young males sexual drive.

2. Become oriented to nighttime, live, eat, etc, all at night like they probably do.

3. Document everything thoroughly.

4. If engaged, go on offensive unlike normal human behavior.

5. If its an option, target the leader.

6. Area....I would stay well clear of any "habituation sites" that you may know of simply because of good will. Instead, concentrate on

areas like those described in 411. If you were successful, tying it in circumstantially to known missing folks could be seen as a

good deed as well as provide species recognition. I am do mot know what is responsible, but it would not be a leap for most people to

tie those together. Another idea would be to advertise your ability to take care of unwanted animal problems. I have read quite a

few reports of families that are scared of them and don't know what to do. This would be time consuming as you would have to

wade through a bunch of crap.

7. I haven't been able to think of a way to eliminate the risk to yourself or whatever you use for a lure.

8. Be careful.

These are just some basic things, the devil is in the details. Killing one is just not something that is on my bucket list and I doubt I would if I had the chance unless it was to defend myself or someone else. I am quite certain they are not human, but something entirely different than anything we current are familiar with.

Hey Norse....I skimmed the Grendel website but haven't really had time to jump in there yet. I'm not even sure it will be possible to recover one of these animals, but I also think keeping it as simple as possible will be important. Some basic things I think would need to done.

1. Appeal to a young males sexual drive.

2. Become oriented to nighttime, live, eat, etc, all at night like they probably do.

3. Document everything thoroughly.

4. If engaged, go on offensive unlike normal human behavior.

5. If its an option, target the leader.

6. Area....I would stay well clear of any "habituation sites" that you may know of simply because of good will. Instead, concentrate on

areas like those described in 411. If you were successful, tying it in circumstantially to known missing folks could be seen as a

good deed as well as provide species recognition. I am do mot know what is responsible, but it would not be a leap for most people to

tie those together. Another idea would be to advertise your ability to take care of unwanted animal problems. I have read quite a

few reports of families that are scared of them and don't know what to do. This would be time consuming as you would have to

wade through a bunch of crap.

7. I haven't been able to think of a way to eliminate the risk to yourself or whatever you use for a lure.

8. Be careful.

These are just some basic things, the devil is in the details. Killing one is just not something that is on my bucket list and I doubt I would if I had the chance unless it was to defend myself or someone else. I am quite certain they are not human, but something entirely different than anything we current are familiar with.

Operation Northern Sweep is going to target three different waterways close to the Canadian border that intersect what I call the "landbridge".

PacificNW.A2003245.2055.1km.jpg

The only real arid place with no cover between the Cascades and the Rockies is the Okanagon valley. Which is not really all that wide. By reconing all three water ways we will be able to determine in which areas they are most present in. Do they favor the Cascade side, The Rocky side? Somewhere in between? Where they there? When? Which way do we think they went? So on and so forth.

At this stage of the game we just need a macro view of what is going on, hopefully some of this can be puzzled together with OP:NS. With future missions zeroing in on key locations.

Patrol will work like this:

TOC - Tactical Operations Command:

Responsibilities:

1) Will be in touch with Patrol teams at all times via radio.

2) Will dispatch Jet boat for insertions/extractions or as a radio relay.

3) Will dispatch QRF team as needed.

4) Will plot teams movements on map.

5) Will dispatch emergency services as needed.

6) Monitor weather advisories.

QRF - Quick Reaction Force:

Responsibilities:

1) Will stay on standby at TOC in case of an emergency.

2) In case of an emergency, the QRF will scramble to Patrol Team's location and support their mission.

Jet Boat

Responsibilities:

1) Will insert and extract teams safely.

2) Can be used as a relay station for contact between teams and TOC.

Patrol Teams

Responsibilities:

1) Stay within their respected RZ or Recon Zone.

2) Observe all activity and sign within RZ.

3) Give top of the hour SITREPs.

4) Give AAR or After Action Report once back at TOC.

5) Be aware of possible harvest opportunities by hasty ambush, etc.

I'll just go ahead and dbl post this in the OP:NS thread as well.

Thanks for the advice and good wishes!

Another idea would be to advertise your ability to take care of unwanted animal problems. I have read quite a few reports of families that are scared of them and don't know what to do. This would be time consuming as you would have to wade through a bunch of crap.

Brilliant idea!

Another idea would be to advertise your ability to take care of unwanted animal problems. I have read quite a few reports of families that are scared of them and don't know what to do. This would be time consuming as you would have to wade through a bunch of crap.

Brilliant idea!

Except I would be spending all of my time trying to catch Raccoons!!

;) 

And why would that be?

Where do you think these videos were shot?

Much less of a human population to contend with, good ungulate population, plenty of wet temperate forests? What's not to like?

Edited by norseman

Lochsa and Yaak Rivers?  I'm just guessing based on the title of the videos.

Why do you think they have to contend with humans?  Seems they wouldn't have to be seen or heard at all if they didn't have a symbiotic relationship with humans.  However, they are seen and heard, and have been for centuries (if you accept that to be true).  A lot of animals live "with" humans, not against them.  More than one way to look at things.

Yes, but if they live among us, like the neighborhood Raccoon? Then the Skeptics doubts of lack of discovery by this point in history become much more valid.

I don't think they do, I think they yield ground to us.

Anyhow, what is your reasoning behind why the Cascades would be preferred?

Lochsa and Yaak Rivers?  I'm just guessing based on the title of the videos.

Why do you think they have to contend with humans?  Seems they wouldn't have to be seen or heard at all if they didn't have a symbiotic relationship with humans.  However, they are seen and heard, and have been for centuries (if you accept that to be true).  A lot of animals live "with" humans, not against them.  More than one way to look at things.

I've been in the Yaaks, hiked, camped, prospected...  yeah it is desolate.

What's not to like?

Less access to free tasty dumpster raids..

people are trying to help you narrow your search options.

Yes they come into human "encampments".. 

take a look around you, the average American is dumbed down, stoned, drunk and glued to a a TV completely oblivious to anything that happens around them.. walk through a department store, mall or wallyworld and i defy you to tell me this isnt the case.

The vast majority of people wouldn't see anything... because they arent looking.

And that is a fact.

Edited by Rex

• gigantor unlocked this topic
  • gigantor unpinned this topic