Dyer Pulled His Bigfoot From This Youtube Vid.

bipedalist

I made this image using GIMP and your two images...

It's not matched exactly but it sure looks similar.

post-21915-0-77312400-1361124879_thumb.j

Most excellent Red! That looks like it to me. Plussed.

@redbone....wow I gotta say that suit looks like an exact match. wow

What was this suit used for? Anyone know? Like a movie, commercial or what? ( wondering how easy it would be for someone to get their hands on one )

@redbone....wow I gotta say that suit looks like an exact match. wow

What was this suit used for? Anyone know? Like a movie, commercial or what? ( wondering how easy it would be for someone to get their hands on one )

Pretty sure that's the Jack Links Sasquatch.

How big of a slap in the face would that be if THAT was used for a hoax?

ok so is it plausible that one of the following took place?

A: Rick got someone to make a very close replica of the Jack Links BF, filmed it through screen of tent.

B. Rick is playing a video on TV screen of jack link's BF and filmed it through screen of tent. ( perception is everything right? )

Jerky commercials ! That's hilarious. I had no idea, I lifted the image from google and it was called jacks sasquatch. I then used gimp to make ceiling squatch signature pic from the first immage.

Redbone, I love what you did there. Nice comparison photo. Plussed.

Guest WldHrtRnch

ok so is it plausible that one of the following took place?

I think it is plausible that Minnow Films had sufficient funds to have either a suit, a prop and/or make up artists to create a very theatrical and realistic looking Sasquatch for their documentary. Why would they not? I am not sure a documentary regarding this topic without such would be interesting and creatively done. There is one rumor from the other thread, of a source who was working with the film crew, that said RD was dismissed on the 10th of Sept. I wonder if he violated the NDA by filming the BF from his tent and was subsequently dismissed?

How he got his hands on a fake body is still a mystery. Maybe he was angry for getting the boot, which he completely denies at this point, but that anger might inspire him to perpetuate this hoax?

WldHrtRnch said:

There is one rumor from the other thread, of a source who was working with the film crew, that said RD was dismissed on the 10th of Sept. I wonder if he violated the NDA by filming the BF from his tent and was subsequently dismissed?

You know, this whole thing is like a train wreck.. I want to turn and look away from what I know is going to be an absolute disaster - but I just can't....

You know, I can see happening what you posted above WldhrtRnch.. I have always thought the bigfoot in the video was a costume - though not the one people point out here. There is another one my fiance found - that looks much closer - I will see if I can find it. But, I can see the Film crew saying, "Okay, we are going to shoot the Bigfoot sequence now - please - no one take any photos or video until we are done." They would do this to protect this until the film is released. I can see RD saying, Okay, then I am going to get into my tent and take a nap or get gear together.. - But instead he starts filming without the knowledge of the film crew. Once his video hit the internet - I bet they were FURIOUS.. All speculation, but not speculation I had to work hard to come up with.

I don't know and maybe it's just me but I kind of liked the moderator's idea of NOT having any more Rick Dyer threads...I'm sick of him and his minions trying to make jerks out us all...

Agreed, but this one is about making a jerk out of Rick Dyer, so it's ok.

And Biped, a late plus for starting this one.

BFF Patron

Bump, this thread will be the one pinned when Dyer and Musky expire. :pleasantry:

Edited by bipedalist

Guest ajciani

Yeah, too bad too.

While the various posted bigfoot costume masks do resemble the one in Dyer's video, none of them are a perfect match. They all vary in the shape of the nose, the height and prominence of the check bones, and the shape of the forehead. Dyer could certainly have commissioned a costume, but it is not any of the ones that have been shown in this thread.

If you want to get into comparing bigfoot costumes, a lot of them look similar, but there are also a lot that are very different. I think the range of variation in costumes may even be greater than the range of variation among bigfoots.

No nail in the coffin here. Dyer's vid is either a guy in a suit, or proof that some costume makers almost nailed it.

ed: sp.

Edited by ajciani

BFF Patron

They would require little or minor tweaks to make them near-perfect imho so I disagree with you ajc.

Either way the hoax is quite well-traveled and started with this production.

BFF Patron

Not to forget the heart of the matter!