Suspicious Activity Around The House

Guest shady grove

Well, there you are.

There are those of us who are pretty secure about what the evidence says to them, and content that the proof will come when it does.

Then there are those who seem really upset about something, as if they're being denied something, or not being allowed to be in on something, and treat every assertion made here as if it needs to be challenged and scoured for proof.

This isn't JREF.  It provides a place for people to talk openly about their experiences, and provide evidence or not as they choose.  My review of the evidence tells me that there are plenty on this continent who don't consider this animal at all incredible; who have loads of experience with them; and who are either irritated at scientists for not bothering to educate themselves on something obvious or don't care at all what scientists think.

My BS meter works just fine.  Some calibration may be needed for others.  Your experience may vary.

It's really a shame about all the BS meters getting broken, but you guys should know by now that it can happen if you hang out in habituator threads. We don't really care if your BS meters are pegging or if you're losing sleep & getting hives because you are being constantly exposed to our "nonsense". There is a remedy for your problem & it's up to you whether you continue to subject yourselves to us or not.

Contrary to popular opinion, most of us aren't here to tell fairy tails, convert skeptics, or prove anything even if we could. We are here to connect with others that are interacting with bigfoot, discuss our experiences, & learn from each other. We don't find each others' "claims" to be incredible because we have probably seen or heard the same things or something equally weird or curious ourselves. If those discussions don't conform to your ideas of reality, that's too bad, but I don't think you should expect us to change in the near future.

We have all the proof we need. Nobody had it & served it up to us on a silver platter because we demanded it & we're not especially inclined to waste our time trying do it for you.

Message received Safooty. Suspension of disbelief required to participate in this thread. Reality is thatta way ------>

I'll exit now. There is nothing for me here anyway. 

Oh and DWA, puhlease!  You don't believe these claims anymore than I do. Give me a break.

Edited by dmaker

Message received Safooty. Suspension of disbelief required to participate in this thread. Reality is thatta way ------>

Bye.

And don't let the door hitcha.....

It's really a shame about all the BS meters getting broken, but you guys should know by now that it can happen if you hang out in habituator threads. We don't really care if your BS meters are pegging or if you're losing sleep & getting hives because you are being constantly exposed to our "nonsense". There is a remedy for your problem & it's up to you whether you continue to subject yourselves to us or not.

Contrary to popular opinion, most of us aren't here to tell fairy tails, convert skeptics, or prove anything even if we could. We are here to connect with others that are interacting with bigfoot, discuss our experiences, & learn from each other. We don't find each others' "claims" to be incredible because we have probably seen or heard the same things or something equally weird or curious ourselves. If those discussions don't conform to your ideas of reality, that's too bad, but I don't think you should expect us to change in the near future.

We have all the proof we need. Nobody had it & served it up to us on a silver platter because we demanded it & we're not especially inclined to waste our time trying do it for you.

Oh and DWA, puhlease!  You don't believe these claims anymore than I do. Give me a break.

Well then wait, why were you here?

Did you not read what I said?

If no one presents me with the proof, it is a story, not confirmable....and I am totally OK with that.  That does not mean it's not happening, and certainly does not mean that you (or anyone who thinks it isn't) have a shred of evidence to back you up.

I have a two-word phrase for knowing someone's wrong without evidence that they are.  Those people are:  True Believers.

Here is a list of the great apes that have been habituated:

Gorilla (more than one species)

Bonobo

Chimpanzee

Orangutan

Um, I believe that's all of them.  Which would just make this another one.

(Not to get started on what-it-is here.  Relevant point made.)

Well, there you are.

There are those of us who are pretty secure about what the evidence says to them, and content that the proof will come when it does.

Then there are those who seem really upset about something, as if they're being denied something, or not being allowed to be in on something, and treat every assertion made here as if it needs to be challenged and scoured for proof.

This isn't JREF.  It provides a place for people to talk openly about their experiences, and provide evidence or not as they choose.  My review of the evidence tells me that there are plenty on this continent who don't consider this animal at all incredible; who have loads of experience with them; and who are either irritated at scientists for not bothering to educate themselves on something obvious or don't care at all what scientists think.

My BS meter works just fine.  Some calibration may be needed for others.  Your experience may vary.

DWA

Then I ask you for your proof beside the usual foot prints and anything else that everyone else finds. Where are your pictures of this so called pictures of this animal. I have posted pictures of the the things that I have encountered on this forum as many times this forum has changed from what 1.0 ,2,0 to now,I have recount Ed my encounter three or four time now or how how ever many times that this forum has changed .I have taken people and they have encountered the same thing and now there are people in my state that are encountering this creature . So I am sure as heck not making up a tale of what I have encountered . Now I am stuck that these creatures should not be messed with, that they should be left alone. They are not what I thought they would be and should be left alone to their domain.scientist do not want to study them since they know already about them.leave them be.

Those apes, DWA, they train ravens, do they? Turn invisible do they? Teleport, do they?

But since I have no evidence that they don't, well then the claims must be true huh?

Oh and LeafTalker and Safooty, if you come up with some witty rejoinder and I don't respond, it's because you are both on ignore, not that you left me speechless or anything.

We have talked about BS detectors here, I know. 

Engage.

Well, there you are.

DWA
Then I ask you for your proof beside the usual foot prints and anything else that everyone else finds. Where are your pictures of this so called pictures of this animal. I have posted pictures of the the things that I have encountered on this forum as many times this forum has changed from what 1.0 ,2,0 to now,I have recount Ed my encounter three or four time now or how how ever many times that this forum has changed .I have taken people and they have encountered the same thing and now there are people in my state that are encountering this creature . So I am sure as heck not making up a tale of what I have encountered . Now I am stuck that these creatures should not be messed with, that they should be left alone. They are not what I thought they would be and should be left alone to their domain.scientist do not want to study them since they know already about them.leave them be.

If nobody is giving me proof, I consider the proposition unproven.

When I see pictures that I can't tell what's in them, then, well, I can't tell what's in them.

If you just are exchanging information that is one thing.

But when you come at me with evidence that doesn't cut the mustard, and tell me it's proof, well, I will let you know.

I leave the proof to either the scientific mainstream or anyone else who has it ...and presents it to me.  In the meantime I keep an open mind.

Leave the proof to science, do you? Unless of course, the analysis comes back as bison hair and not Bigfoot. In that case, science is either lying or mistaken. Kinda like BF eye witnesses...

Edited by dmaker

I sense your frustration.  I also sense your desire that we all consider your chosen scientists perfect.

Skeptics can't do that.

When nine people say they saw something, I'm not gonna just automatically go with the word of two people who show some paper that they say came from some hair.

That's how skepticism works, but believe what you want.

(Ladies and gentlemen:  so sorry that this brawl going on in an adjacent pub landed here.  As you were.)

" I also sense your desire that we all consider your chosen scientists perfect." DWA

Hmmm, sounds like someone else we all know. Perhaps Meldrum, Bindernagel and Krantz? I think you have mentioned them one or two thousand times?

So you will believe the nine people no problem, but not the two scientists who examined the hair sample the nine collected and claimed came from a BF?  Nope, in this case the scientists are wrong.  They must be, they didn't confirm BF. 

Yes.  They are addressing the evidence. 

The ones that disagree with them give me four reasons not to trust their analysis before they've said half their piece.  That's just an average.

If you show me you are behaving as a scientist does on a question, I go with you.  If I think a garbageman could give me an equally informed analysis, well, I don't.

So a scientist that examines a hair sample and responds with his analysis is not "behaving as a scientist does.."?

That may take the cake for "most disingenuous question ever posted on this board."

Your trust level is, however. touching.

Not only that, but I'm done hijacking this thread.  Stop fighting in the wrong pub.