Suspicious Activity Around The House

Guest shady grove

Ok. Here's a sample.

And, no, I don't know why he would want to do that in my yard.

OK, I must admit that is quite compelling. Taking it at face value and as presented.

Why don't you that claim to habituate present more evidence to support your claims?

Beats me.

Edited by Sasfooty

If someone came on here with strong evidence, they would be hiney deep in self invited researchers before you could say boo. We've all seen it happen. The trick here at BFF is to hook up with people you come to trust and network privately.

• Upvote 2

Admin

I want those stories.  I want them in enough mass from enough places from enough unconnected witnesses that I can search them for commonalities or, if I find none, have some confidence the sample size is large enough to be statistically repeatable.

You want the SSR database....  available in the Premium section.

• Upvote 1

If someone came on here with strong evidence, they would be hiney deep in self invited researchers before you could say boo. We've all seen it happen. The trick here at BFF is to hook up with people you come to trust and network privately.

Indiefoot,

What strong evidence has any researcher provided?  Virtually everything in the BF community becomes the subject debate (sometimes endless debate).

I have seen, in the Habituation thread, where someone did offer to have researchers come to her house and even bring an RV.  She said they could stay for weeks.  Did anyone take her offer, no. 

As someone that has BF coming around his home frequently, I simply do not care about evidence.  The only way to maintain a reasonable level of safety, is to maintain an environment where there is no hostility.  While some habituators have been willing to have researchers visit, I am not willing to risk my home/my land to any researcher that has his or her own agenda.   

While having BF come around at night is scary and tiresome, they have given me no reason to think they are hostile.  In addition, I have been able to see through personal experience that they are capable of changing their behavior in accordance with mine and respecting boundaries.  I am not going to risk changing this situation. 

I am here because I needed to find out everything I could about BF.  I asked chris Noel in an email about habituators, and he recommended the Habituation thread.  Some frequent posters of that thread have been a great help (Sasfooty being one).  You don't have to accept everything someone tells you as fact.  In the absence of recognized scientific fact, you should gather information from witnesses to form theories to test or use.  Of course you already know this, it is basic common sense.

Now, I hang around so I can do the same for anyone else that suddenly finds there are things that go bump in the night on their land. 

Edited by Florida reader

Florida reader,

We had a pretty good dustup over the Michigan Recording Project releasing some audio recordings and having their private research area outed. I can imagine the consequences if someone brought in unambiguous evidence that BF are visiting their property regularly. It's one thing if you invite visitors, another if they invite themselves.

Much of the hostility aimed at backyard witnesses smacks of jealousy IMO.

• Upvote 2

I am unaware of any such strong evidence having been presented.  Can anyone provide 3 examples of strong evidence from habituators?

This is one of my reason why that they should just be left alone, It destroys it destroys the very intigrety of research. Once people know where they are they invade their space and start to destroy there way of life.That is not research at all and how is one to learn about that species if you have a half a dozen people all out in their woods sceaming out for them. Thats not to say on how they are destroying the very intigrety of their home. Yes, No never thought about that evey time we step into thsoe woods that we are stepping into their home. That evey time we walk into those woods we are changing their enviorment. That the animals we hunt are now weary of us humans tramping through the woods that these creatures hunt in.Yes, but what does it matter to us right! we have a place to go home to eat  and cook Right!.

This is why they should be left alone and not be messed with, some people have it right  and those are the ones that are not posting. The ones who understand these creatures who have knowledge of them.kudoo's to them cause they have truely found understanding.Some of us are almost there like Florida I have alot of respect for you and i hope that you become one of those that gain that understanding .

Indiefoot

Jealousy: yes , I think that this is the main issue that we all have with this .We all feel that we all know more then the other or what ever.But the truth is we do not and our ego's get broken and yes that hurts. But we all learn to move on or learn from it.Every single person here has had something good to contribute even you Irish73 your post was a good post  and you placed a lot of thought..If there was one post that i could pluss it would be yours Irish73.Now i am not saying that my ego was broken cause i would never admit to that.LoL But like I said everyone has something to contribute in this field no matter if they seen this creature or not. The reason i say this is because it keeps us grounded and into lala land. But these creatures do do some strange stuff and that where I am and maybe others are trying to get at.keeping and open and colective mind might be helpfull.thank you reading 

Correct Apehuman. I've never encountered a Bigfoot and given my current geographical location it's unlikely I ever will.

I would say I was 'open' to believing in the existence of these animals but alas it seems the more I read on some elements of the subject the more I doubt.

It's one thing to have your own experience/sighting but that shouldn't mean you are susceptible to buying into some incredible claims. Bigfoot is burdened with BS. Some however will find it easy to cut a swathe through the nonsense but others will take it as gospel. Certainly when it's posted as fact on forums such as these.

I would tend to agree with MIB that a collaborative approach would be wonderful but as I said BF is burdened by BS, so would almost be impossible due to politics and stoicism on core beliefs.

If we can't even step into the woods, how are we supposed to learn more about them?

Dmaker

By having them approach you ,while you wait in a area of confirm sightings.Thats how i did it and it worked,yet people call this BS. It does not matter if you all want to call me bs, my proof is in the out come that has come out of Michigan. I now what is out there, I have heard the same sounds ,I have seen these creatures up close I have found numerous footprints. Seen  all the tree breaks and teepee and heard the knocks.Have even been made sick by them as well as had the strange things that no one wants to speak about since it is taboo to speak about it. But yet people are figuring it out that these creatures some how all know how to disable their so called camera traps. Now these creatures are catching on to the thermo's so the only thing left is audio.yet how are they figuring out the thermo camera's?There would be more thermo video of these guys but where is it?so Far I have only seen what maybe two,and then there is the shooting of a creature and we have ended with that but still no one is happy with that since the results did not turn out the way that it should have.

Well  maybe we should just give up and let them be ,this is what they want .Let nature take it's course and let them be so that they may not be bothered no more.They have gone through all these years only to be seen as a shadow to remain hidden .Well I say that they deserve to to be left alone for the affort that they took to remain silent wonderers in our beautiful land. What ever they are they sure as heck beat the heck out of us without technology.They are the ultimate survilist and who knows maybe they are those shamans who have gone into the woods to be taught what nature has to offer.

evey time we step into thsoe woods that we are stepping into their home. That evey time we walk into those woods we are changing their enviorment. That the animals we hunt are now weary of us humans tramping through the woods that these creatures hunt in.Yes, but what does it matter to us right! we have a place to go home to eat  and cook Right!.

This is why they should be left alone and not be messed with

Your reasoning behind this is comical.  Was this ad-lib?

maybe we should just give up and let them be ,this is what they want

How do you know what they want?  Did they tell you this?

You seem to know quite a bit about Ssq.  Is this based on personal experience or something else?

Mark, thanks for the response.  I could not really sort evidence prior to gaining my own experiences and that took five years and a whole lot of time and money and I still don't try to sort other's work much..b/c all our stuff suffers from the same general problem..it's not enough for any "proof" for those who do find it incredible..and for whatever reasons, not enough to interest anyone of merit to study in the field in an official/job capacity.... weird really...

Florida Reader nice comment, plussed. Your contributions on the Habituating thread have been important IMO as have been perhaps a dozen who live with BFs in close proximity...and many did post there, collected media evidence and the stories of trying to bring in BF groups etc...I alluded to my own struggles with that....and all to no avail in the end...for so many reasons..and those groups rarely come with much resource, but often a lot of online/film agenda........BFD really....for someone in a living situation..or even proof...  so I get and respect why so few do try and take it to a proof level....

Cotter, I am entertaining the idea that BFs may have a closer relationship with some animals/birds than simply opportunistic..and perhaps a synergism with coyotes (as we did with wild dogs) can develop.  I also think it may be within their ability to raise fledgling birds of certain types that would also remain free, but in a cooperative relationship...Ravens specifically.  I don't have direct evidence of that, but found raven behavior in association with those BFs predictable and surprising...but it's just an idea....and from someone who has raised little fledglings over the years found by accident..birds are easy to tame...

On the original thread topic here...Shady grove - what is going on now if anything, and how is this thread working for you... !?

Edited by apehuman

Guest shady grove
Mark, thanks for the response.  I could not really sort evidence prior to gaining my own experiences and that took five years and a whole lot of time and money and I still don't try to sort other's work much..b/c all our stuff suffers from the same general problem..it's not enough for any "proof" for those who do find it incredible..and for whatever reasons, not enough to interest anyone of merit to study in the field in an official/job capacity.... weird really...

Florida Reader nice comment, plussed. Your contributions on the Habituating thread have been important IMO as have been perhaps a dozen who live with BFs in close proximity...and many did post there, collected media evidence and the stories of trying to bring in BF groups etc...I alluded to my own struggles with that....and all to no avail in the end...for so many reasons..and those groups rarely come with much resource, but often a lot of online/film agenda........BFD really....for someone in a living situation..or even proof...  so I get and respect why so few do try and take it to a proof level....

Cotter, I am entertaining the idea that BFs may have a closer relationship with some animals/birds than simply opportunistic..and perhaps a synergism with coyotes (as we did with wild dogs) can develop.  I also think it may be within their ability to raise fledgling birds of certain types that would also remain free, but in a cooperative relationship...Ravens specifically.  I don't have direct evidence of that, but found raven behavior in association with those BFs predictable and surprising...but it's just an idea....and from someone who has raised little fledglings over the years found by accident..birds are easy to tame...

On the original thread topic here...Shady grove - what is going on now if anything, and how is this thread working for you... !?

This is the 1st time Ive looked at it in a while, there's been an intellectual peeing contest going on.... Edited by See-Te-Cah NC
To repair quoted text