Suspicious Activity Around The House

Guest shady grove

Is questioning any claim considered taboo or gauche?

I'm mighty open minded when it comes to the possibility bigfoot exists, but 50 mile jaunts to say "Hello, neighbor," and bigfoot leaving reading material strains credulity.

• Upvote 4

MarkG

I am not trying to lead no one down any road at all. What I am try to say is that these creature are trying to convey a message in some way by using the books. It does not even have to be that have read the book, and again this is all speculation . These books could have been passed down to them by some one else. Speculation again. Again we have no idea what their capabilities are and who knows . All is speculation. Maybe this will help others understand that it is not certain if the creature left them there and the speculation of the titles is all on my part. With some of the dealing that I have had with these creatures I can some times over speculate so I apologize .

Guest Grifter9931

You clearly have a lot to learn about sasquatch Shadowborn.  Garlic is like catnip to these beings, just ask Janice Carter(patient zero for habituations).

It must be the Italian BF's...

They must also love saying Ciao.....

The UFO, Habituation, Psychic & Contactee subjects seems to be holding sway on this board over the last few months. A worry for anyone coming to this site looking to learn more about the subject. Instead of rational they the are met with outlandish claims that are never backed up with evidence or common sense for that matter.

And, uh, what does hard science have to show for itself lately but the Ketchum paper?

Perhaps with a little more humility and teamwork, perhaps with a little bit less ridicule, we might collectively get somewhere.   As long as we're as set on proving our personal hypothesis right at the cost of proving anything at all, "we" get nowhere.

Its no skin off my nose, I'm not convinced I want to get anywhere, but for those out there who do, y' ought to think about collaborating rather than competing, about honest brainstorming rather than just looking for ways to belittle one another.

First step, trying to force each other to accept that you're right and they're wrong, settle old scores, count coup on each other, has to end.   As long as you play that game you're part of the problem, not the solution.

MIB

This may be the first common sense post I've seen about BF in a long time.

:girldance:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/bigfoottonightshow/2011/08/15/lets-talk-squatch

This is a good radio show and if you want to hear a couple of habituators. One said he lives in 'a city' 40 miles away (20 in human terms) and that they found him after about a year.

How? I would speculate that they follow him, get the road he is on, he comes by at such and such a day and time, then they moved up the road, it would be a few miles at a time over a year, at least with this guy, I think it was Scott Carpenter, who has youtubes and website on squatches and dogman.

-I can relate this experience: There was a big drunk guy that used to bother people for quarters and he was real intimidating. I 'stared him down' one time from fifty feet away, and he honed in on me and BOOM, was in my face asking for a quarter (like BOOM-faster than a squatch!)(and he got one, ugh!) Thats what this sounds like, they hone in on you when you feed em (or just interact??) and boom, you might have squatches in your backyard. They kind of remind me of big-burly biker guys.

Not sure if they do this on one or two interactions or what the rules are.

He said at '80 miles you might be ok'. (*40 miles for a squatch, maybe even 20)

So, YES, sort of, squatch has SUPER-HUMAN abilities because HUMANS are like about a 10-12 year old compared to an NFL linebacker (with chimpanzee strength)

Chimps are 10 times stronger than humans, so squatches are maybe what? 20-40 times stronger? They can run at 50 miles per hour? Jump 30 feet? This is from reports.

SUPER-HUMAN ABILITIES!

And so, if you keep up, you will see that this is not so amazing. That they are bouncing around urbana is a bit surprising though.

I am yet again and thankfully having to re-evaluate any level of interaction I may present if given the oportunity. The peanut butter, etc.. is OUT!

Rule#1: DON'T FEED THE SQUATCH!

Ayup.....you nailed it Wag! 

I wasn't going to put this on the internet, but now the horse has left the barn so to speak.......

Seriously....you'd think if someone was a self-appointed de-bunker they'd consider ALL possibilities in their endeavors!

Trailing people home isn't as improbable as it's made out to be. As many people are out there wood knocking and kiting off in the woods did you not think turn-about was going to happen?

(Facepalm!!)

Edited by grayjay

BFF Patron

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/bigfoottonightshow/2011/08/15/lets-talk-squatch

This is a good radio show and if you want to hear a couple of habituators. One said he lives in 'a city' 40 miles away (20 in human terms) and that they found him after about a year.

How? I would speculate that they follow him, get the road he is on, he comes by at such and such a day and time, then they moved up the road, it would be a few miles at a time over a year, at least with this guy, I think it was Scott Carpenter, who has youtubes and website on squatches and dogman.

-I can relate this experience: There was a big drunk guy that used to bother people for quarters and he was real intimidating. I 'stared him down' one time from fifty feet away, and he honed in on me and BOOM, was in my face asking for a quarter (like BOOM-faster than a squatch!)(and he got one, ugh!) Thats what this sounds like, they hone in on you when you feed em (or just interact??) and boom, you might have squatches in your backyard. They kind of remind me of big-burly biker guys.

Not sure if they do this on one or two interactions or what the rules are.

He said at '80 miles you might be ok'. (*40 miles for a squatch, maybe even 20)

So, YES, sort of, squatch has SUPER-HUMAN abilities because HUMANS are like about a 10-12 year old compared to an NFL linebacker (with chimpanzee strength)

Chimps are 10 times stronger than humans, so squatches are maybe what? 20-40 times stronger? They can run at 50 miles per hour? Jump 30 feet? This is from reports.

SUPER-HUMAN ABILITIES!

And so, if you keep up, you will see that this is not so amazing. That they are bouncing around urbana is a bit surprising though.

I am yet again and thankfully having to re-evaluate any level of interaction I may present if given the oportunity. The peanut butter, etc.. is OUT!

Rule#1: DON'T FEED THE SQUATCH!

Ayup.....you nailed it Wag! 

I wasn't going to put this on the internet, but now the horse has left the barn so to speak.......

Seriously....you'd think if someone was a self-appointed de-bunker they'd consider ALL possibilities in their endeavors!

Trailing people home isn't as improbable as it's made out to be. As many people are out there wood knocking and kiting off in the woods did you not think turn-about was going to happen?

(Facepalm!!)

Yep, BF learned all he needed to know in kindergarten by reading a Bigfoot Field Observer's Manual by Robert W. Morgan,  ; > }   

"The researcher becoming the researched" is a well-known phenom.

Edited by bipedalist

Maybe I can help you out here dmaker. This has been my experience in trying to participate in conversations about certain subjects on the BFF. Particular members will occasionally post what most people would consider to be outrageously extraordinary claims. When asked for any sort of supporting information, explanations, or evidence, they will usually completely completely ignore your questions. Occasionally other members will chime in stating that they know the claim to be possible or true. Usually because they have posted similar claims, or because they claim to have access to some secret information that they cannot share.

You have the following choices:

A. Accept their claims at face value and don't ask any questions.

B. Reject their claims, but do not post your actual opinion, even if you aren't being purposely offensive or addressing anyone specific.

C. Tiptoe around on eggshells trying to ask the same questions in different ways. (eventually being forced to choose A or B.

It's true that nobody owes anyone else an explanation, we are all here voluntarily. Members may of course answer the questions they wish to, and ignore the posts they wish to. Likewise we should expect that some posters are going to ask for some sort of explanation when hey read fantastic sounding claims.

The following comments are not directed towards anyone posting here, but just meant as a general statement I think we can all ackowledge. We only have to look as far as proven hoaxes to see that statistically not all of peoples claims are going to be true. I don't think I am violating any rules by pointing out that also there are people in the world who believe that things specific are happening to them, that aren't actually happening, or cases where people see a special signifigance in an event that may be purely random, or explained by other causes.

I think it is partially the extrodinary claims and stories that largely keeps curious members of the scientific community from dedicating time and resources to resolving the mystery.

Irish,

I do not see that you have broken any rules in this post at all. In fact, I think you did an excellent job of stating your opinion. I don't agree with the choices you have offered, however. I think that other choices do exist.

One thing that needs to be remembered - and this is straight from the BFF Rules and Guidelines:

Bigfoot are probably flesh and blood animals, albeit very intelligent and stealthy ones. Bigfoot are unlikely to be inter-dimensional, of another world, shape shifting, can disappear, or have any other abilities that may be considered paranormal. If you feel they are any of these things, you're still very welcome to participate, but don't expect to find many in your camp.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. On the BFF we accept very little at face value. We may have a tendency to over-analyze claims and be more skeptical than some other forums dedicated to this topic, but we think that is preferable to the alternative.

If someone comes here and makes and extraordinary claim, the should EXPECT our members to ask for evidence. That doesn't require them to provide it. But if they do not offer some kind of explanation, they will likely find that some here will not believe them. Even those of us who believe that BF exists.

Well, the big problem is that we don't always have an explanation, and may be here, hopefully among our "own kind", looking for one.

But some people can't accept that we don't know "why", & seem to think if they bully & ridicule enough, they'll finally get that proverbial blood out of a stone.

After awhile it gets old & we may actually use the ignore feature.

Edited by Sasfooty

No the problem is people don't believe you anymore, you have been given plenty of time to put up. Allow me the honor of being the first on ignore.

• Upvote 4

^^ Plussed will ( never thought I would say that in my life). I think I will avail myself of the ignore feature as well.

...............especially in matters of fashion, tasteful hats, and appropriate footwear for all occassions. Flip flops.

Irish,  I do not see that you have broken any rules in this post at all. In fact, I think you did an excellent job of stating your opinion. I don't agree with the choices you have offered, however. I think that other choices do exist. 

One thing that needs to be remembered - and this is straight from the BFF Rules and Guidelines:

Thanks for the gentle guidance. Sometimes it's easy to lose sight of the spirit of the BFF rules in the heat of debate. It's like going in the deep end of the pool without depth markers. Once you can't feel the bottom anymore, it can be difficult to judge how far out you have veered into the deep end. Though I sometimes feel they can be a bit restrictive, in the whole I realize they serve an important role in keeping balance and managing the peaceful coexistance of differing ideologies.

All that being said, I think certain posts here may have tiptoed along the line of where they might be percieved as being almost religious in nature. If we are going to abide by the spirit of the rules, lets be sure they are not being applied unilaterally.

Edited by Irish73

Irish,  I do not see that you have broken any rules in this post at all. In fact, I think you did an excellent job of stating your opinion. I don't agree with the choices you have offered, however. I think that other choices do exist. 

Thanks for the gentle guidance. Sometimes it's easy to lose sight of the spirit of the BFF rules in the heat of debate. It's like going in the deep end of the pool without depth markers. Once you can't feel the bottom anymore, it can be difficult to judge how far out you have veered into the deep end. Though I sometimes feel they can be a bit restrictive, in the whole I realize they serve an important role in keeping balance and managing the peaceful coexistance of differing ideologies.

All that being said, I think certain posts here may have tiptoed along the line of where they might be percieved as being almost religious in nature. If we are going to abide by the spirit of the rules, lets be sure they are not being applied unilaterally.

Hmm. I must have missed that. By all means, if you see something that is even questionable  - feel free to hit the "Report" button and I will be glad to look into it. Sometimes things do get past us!

Sorry for the derail, shady grove..... (partially my fault!)