Suspicious Activity Around The House

Guest shady grove

Please don't take anything as I said as a criticism. I have nothing but praise for all of the admins and mods here, I sincerely appreciate all of you volunteering your valuable time to make the BFF a better place. My message was intended for any posters who might have a hair trigger for hitting the report button in discussions, possibly over questionable infractions. Someone would have to be clearly violating a serious policy before I even considered reporting it, but I may have to adjust my threshold accordingly in the future.

I have to go hide now....I see my Sasquatchian sweetheart coming back around to trade romance novels for lunchmeat sandwiches.....I'm not sure society is ready for a Texas boy meets Bigfoot girl romance yet. Plus, I'm afraid she is just toooo much woman for me!

Edited by Irish73

For whoever wanted a picture, here's one of my one & only tangible "gift", unless you count the big rock that was left just inside the door of the chicken house. I don't think it was actually supposed to be a gift, but more of a way of saying "I can get in here if I want to."

This was in the bed of my truck on the morning of July 5, 2008. We had been to a fireworks display the night before & had sat in the back of the truck, in lawn chairs watching the display. No one had a book & it wasn't there when we got home. I had left some things in the exact spot where the book was found the next morning, & had picked them up when I went in the house when we got home. The next morning, my grandson went out to move the chairs & found the book there.

At the time I didn't realize who had left it & it was just one of those little mysteries that we think will never be solved. There's a lot more to this story involving a couple of friends also getting books & how I eventually had the mystery solved, but it would just be one of those stories that "so enrage" some people, so I'll

leave that part off.

[edited to remove picture]

Sasfooty, thanks so much for that picture and story! I really appreciate how bravely and openly you share information with us!!!!

Guest Serohs

@ Sasfooty

Out of curiosity did you happen to see if there were any interesting "prints" or smudges, etc... on or in the book? 

Also for those giving her a bit of a hard time and saying it was left by a squatch it could be as simple as it found the book and left it for no other possible reason than leaving an object. Especially if it was something, or similar to something it might have observed other people looking at. If they are intelligent then it could process it has seen humans look at these things and thought it might be something a human might be interested in. I have no idea if it was left by a squatch or not, but at the same time I can see a plausible reason it could have been.

Other people reporting squashed rabbits, empty snuff cans, then why the heck not a thin paper back book for just the reason it was something it had come across left by a careless hiker/camper?

Edited by Serohs

No, it was in surprisingly good condition except for a small place a the top of the back that looked like the corner had been mashed. It had a little moisture damage on the front cover that looked like a small amount of water had been spilled on it. Otherwise, the cover was pretty clean.

I eventually read the book & it was clean on the inside.

Guest SquatchinNY

Sas, IMO, based on your accounts, among other things, I would say the whole thing has another culprit, but I am not gonna go into that in the public board. If you wanna PM me, feel free, and I will give you my opinion.

Well, the big problem is that we don't always have an explanation, and may be here, hopefully among our "own kind", looking for one.

But some people can't accept that we don't know "why", & seem to think if they bully & ridicule enough, they'll finally get that proverbial blood out of a stone.

After awhile it gets old & we may actually use the ignore feature.

Sasfooty, you guys do have an explanation - It's Bigfoot! That book in your truck bed? Bigfoot.

You don't claim to not know why. It's usually Squatch-related.

I love you to death, girlfriend, but I have to wonder about some of what I've heard from those claiming habituation.

Of course it's Bigfoot!!! How many times would you need to see them hanging around your place before you came to understand that? The explanation we don't have is why they do what they do, not whether or not it's BF. After a while, there's no question about that.

OK, I must admit that is quite compelling. Taking it at face value and as presented.

Why don't you that claim to habituate present more evidence to support your claims?