Why Cover Up Big Foot?

Guest Grifter9931

Hello Leftfoot,

The annoying thing about the Bigfoot community is that a surprising number of the community members believe and claim exactly that. As if that really helps matters any.

That doesn't bother me in the least. What does though is when that particular belief is promoted because I haven't seen anything come from it as a solution for Sasquatch survival other than, "Let's not tell anyone where they are". That I'm afraid is not the path that will insure the protection status the Creature will require and probably the requirement itself is long overdue. It will insure, however, that the exact opposite result of what those folks desire for the Creature is fast coming a real threat in the larger picture. A back yard experience is one thing. The entire forest ecosystem involved in their habitat is quite another. 

Edited by hiflier

The annoying thing about the Bigfoot community is that a surprising number of the community members believe and claim exactly that. As if that really helps matters any.

Some have a different term for what a "surprising number" means...  I sincerely hope you do not have an actual experience, if you think things are annoying now, imagine how annoying it will be while choking down the feathers as you are eating the crow. Or perhaps youd just keep it to yourself.

Listen bud it isnt a matter of helping anything... its a matter of reporting a truth, what you think about it doesn't matter one iota, we do however help one another ..we who have experienced those things that you find so annoying.

• Upvote 3

You really need more material, Larry.

I don't deal with "material", I deal with knowledge.

They way you talk about them, you make the government sound like a third rate super villain wanting some ill-defined control for the sake of control.

Correct. That's because I know that maintaining control is always paramount for any government.

Apparently you're either not paying attention, or you like it that way for some reason.

I'm leaning towards the latter based on your frequent use of "fringe" against anyone who doesn't toe the establishment line.

^^^The last thing any government agency is going to do is buck the scientific establishment Because The Public Must Know.

No they mustn't must know.

Again, this is just bureaucratic inertia and mental comfort food.  Nothing dark and sinister about it.

Hello DWA,

^^^The last thing any government agency is going to do is buck the scientific establishment Because The Public Must Know.

No they mustn't must know.

Again, this is just bureaucratic inertia and mental comfort food.  Nothing dark and sinister about it.

In this I agree. Government in it's very nature is designed to maintain the status quo. Change is not an inherent attribute from within a government entity. Only change initiated from the outside will break the inertia. 

Edited by hiflier

I don't deal with "material", I deal with knowledge.

No, you deal with borderline conspiritard nonsense.  Case in point:

LarryP said:

Correct. That's because I know that maintaining control is always paramount for any government.

Apparently you're either not paying attention, or you like it that way for some reason.

I'm leaning towards the latter based on your frequent use of "fringe" against anyone who doesn't toe the establishment line.

Pure bullocks from start to finish.  The government isn't some singular, mindlessly evil entity like some poorly written dark lord trope.  There is no single agenda, don't mater how much you wish it so.  The government is made up of thousands of agencies each with several hundreds of individuals. 

And each of those individuals have their own motivations.  There are those involved in the government with alturistic motivations, and some that have selfish motivations, and everything in between.  The actual reality of the government completely flies in the face of your claims and you have no reliable evidence to the contrary.

Hello All,

"Why Cover Up Big Foot?". I think it safe to say that the reasons, both economic(industry) and tourist(revenue), stand out the best. Regarding tourism it can be a double-edged sword: fewer visitors or....crowd control issues. Right now the Park Rangers do a great job of managing the millions that go camping, hiking, etc. but a flood of Sasquatch seekers on top of the usual frequenters would result in some kind of auxillary presence to be available or on site. What form that would take depends on the situation and locale. The PacNW would probably suffer the most in say, the OP region.

In light of that I'd like to reiterate the need for things to be in place ahead of all that possible environmental impact on both flora and fauna. That means recognition by mainstream science. And that means proof. The push within the BF Community therefore SHOULD BE in acquiring that proof. one can read reports until their blue in the face without advancing the subject beyond where it was forty years ago. We all know it; EVERYBODY knows it. IMHO there's nothing like boots on the ground when it comes right down to the best method of getting something tangible to science.

Debate things all you wish there's nothing like a physical presence prepared to get the required physical evidence that will settlt the issue once and for all. Or...do what I'm doing and look for CURRENT evidence that an agency already knows about the Creature.

Edited by hiflier

Debate things all you wish there's nothing like a physical presence prepared to get the required physical evidence that will settlt the issue once and for all. Or...do what I'm doing and look for CURRENT evidence that an agency already knows about the Creature.

Agreed, but where would you even begin to look?  There is unlikely to be some grand conspiracy to cover-up the existence of Bigfoot, and if there is some feigned indifference I doubt there will be a whole lot of detailed papertrail evidencing their existence.

Just my opinion mind you.

Edited by Leftfoot

I doubt you'll have success locating evidence an agency has and is suppressing.    First, they've been successful in suppressing it since long before '58 else the tracks on the G-O road wouldn't have been a mystery.  Second, however they're suppressing it, they're keeping insiders from spilling the info, not just keeping us outsiders from it.   How?  Beats me.  But the effectiveness of the results speak for themselves.

Your time would be better spent in the woods looking for your own evidence if evidence is what you're motivated by.  

IMHO, of course.  :)

MIB

Admin

Why would the government want to cover up BF?

Maybe he's cold and they want to help him out...

:tomato:

• Upvote 1

hiflier -

I wouldn't necessarily give up, just manage expectations.   You're not the first person to think of that approach.   So far, everyone has either failed or, for whatever reason, found something the felt unable to share.   You have a lot of good ideas.   If the opportunity presents itself, jump at this one, just don't focus on this to the exclusion of more likely possibilities.   

If you do find something you want to talk about but decide you're not ready for full public disclosure, feel free to pm me.   

Good luck!

MIB

Hello MIB,

Thanks for the kind offer on the PM. In truth though I have to say this: I'm ALWAYS ready for full disclosure. I would have kept John Green's Sasquatch Database to myself if that were not the case. When it comes to truth I'm not a proprietary person. In my opinion real truth shouldn't cost anyone a dime. If it does then it should be looked upon with a heavy dose of skepticism. If the government can't at least say that Sasquatch doesn't exist then for me it raises flags.

As usual, just lobbing in my two rocks.

Edited by hiflier

.  The government isn't some singular, mindlessly evil entity like some poorly written dark lord trope.  There is no single agenda, don't mater how much you wish it so.  The government is made up of thousands of agencies each with several hundreds of individuals. 

And each of those individuals have their own motivations.  There are those involved in the government with alturistic motivations, and some that have selfish motivations, and everything in between.  The actual reality of the government completely flies in the face of your claims and you have no reliable evidence to the contrary.

Spoken like a true estabilshment defender.

What's your motivation......comrade?

Hello MIB,

So far, everyone has either failed or, for whatever reason, found something the felt unable to share.......    

Hmm.. any examples?