Why Cover Up Big Foot?

Guest Grifter9931

And in his later years Sir Isaac Newton became obsessed with Alchemy. Your argument is invalid.

Einstein blew Newton's theories out of the water.

Newton's absolute linear time and space theories were abandoned years ago, as a result..

So what was your point?

You're riding a scientific Horse and Buggy, using Big Bird's worldview as your whip.

The Source doesn't vibrate, and everything else does.

Hence: Param Chaitanya = the all pervading power which exists throughout the universe.

Vitalistic, as opposed to mechanistic.

Einstein blew Newton's theories out of the water.

No, they did not.

LarryP said:

Newton's absolute linear time and space theories were abandoned years ago, as a result..

No they weren't. They are every bit as applicable now as they were when he wrote those theories. We simply have a better and more thorough understanding of those theories. Just like we have now a better and more thorough understanding of Einstein's theories of special relativity.

LarryP said:

Hence: Param Chaitanya = the all pervading power which exists throughout the universe.

I didn't understand what you were talking about because I'm not readily familiar with bunk claims, but you're wrong before you even get started. What Einstain was studying in his latter was the unified field theory, also known as the uniform field theory. Param Chaitanya, after some more thorough investi-googling, is/were apparently others trying to shoe horn whatever they are/were trying to push into a proper science.

Which doesn't surprise me, we have people trying to shoehorn psi into quantum theory after all.

Edited by See-Te-Cah NC
GG 1-4; Rule 1 A, 3 B

It's called Quantum Physics.

Quantum physics tells us that reality is far beyond human perception and intuition. So what we perceive to be the rational mind and common sense (See:objective reality) are not capable of understanding the true nature of reality.

It's Godel's theorem. You can delve into the most intricate, complicated theorems and calculations, but they will never understand or explain the big picture from within the confines of their "rational" perspective.

That is why believing that reality is "objective",  is nothing more than pure folly.

It's called Quantum Physics.

Also known as quantum mechanics, also known as quantum theory.

LarryP said:

Quantum physics tells us that reality is far beyond human perception and intuition.

What it does do is teach us that there is more to learn, it does not invalidate what we have learned so far.

LarryP said:

So what we perceive to be the rational mind and common sense (See:objective reality) are not capable of understanding the true nature of reality.

Bovine feces.

LarryP said:

That is why believing that reality is "objective", is nothing more than pure folly.

More bovine feces. Reality objectively exist, we objectively exist, it is our individual experiences and perceptions that are subjective.

Edited to add: Again I have to ask... What does this philosophical debate have to do with the subject at hand?

Edited by Leftfoot

What it does do is teach us that there is more to learn, it does not invalidate what we have learned so far.

Godel's theorem says otherwise.

Guest Crowlogic

Let's assume there is a Bigfoot.  Covering it up could only happen for two reasons.  First would be to somehow preserve an already outdated doctrine of where human beings fit in on the tree of life on this planet.  

The second would be to allow the environment of these animals to be harvested for economic reasons.  However there are serious flaws in that supposition.  Namely it would require these things to be inhabiting enough valuable land to make them an economic liability.  For that to be the case it would require many of these animals to exist over a broad section of government controlled land, such as national forests and national parkland.   Now if there are that many of them we the general population should encounter them often and the animal should have been confirmed since it exists in sizeable numbers.  If the numbers/range are very small then the impact of them in terms of preventing habitat modification/use/harvesting should not be one to have a big economic impact on the general economics of those habitats and therefore special allocations of land for them would not be a serious concern.

Godel's theorem says otherwise.

Gödel's theorem, unless there is another one I am unaware of, is a theory about mathematical logic.  What does it have to do with the nature of reality?

But here's a practical solution to the debate, which is completely unrelated to thread: 

In an objective reality, Bigfoot exists.  Bigfoot will exist regardless of our personal feelings on the matter, whether we recognize their existence, or if we know anything about them.  Bigfoot can be independantly verified because it is possible to objectively do so.

In a subjective reality, Bigfoot does not exists.  Nothing exists or can possibly exist without personal experience or belief.  The world begins when you are born, ends when you are dead or asleep or in a comatose state.  Nothing can be independantly verified.

Crowlogic- Well that is assuming that land would be put away for them.What about establishing a free roam policy for BF? Many large game animals enjoy free-roam. There are a few problems with free-roam however namely insurance mitigation for private land owners(which in my

opinion would be neglegable  and  what if the general public encounters these creatures on publicly held lands like parks or BLM. Alsomany studies would have to take place if and when BF were verified and classified. I was a little confused on your statement about where WE fit in, I think its all about where THEY fit in. If BF is found to be no more human than a chimpanze per say and were classified and regarded as an animal that is one thing(actually several things), but if the BF were to be found as very close to Homo Sapiens DNA wise then a whole lot of other (differant) studies would be initiated and applications to how close they are  to legal personage would need to be determined. a lot of differant sets of assumptions still at this stage, IMO of course.

+1 for a very thoughtful post Crowlogic...

I agree with your first point, except with a slight tweak.... I feel that it is more along the lines that it would bring credence to what many would like to consider an outdated doctrine or reality. There is a huge spiritual conundrum underlying all this. Unless shoehorned in, SSq will not support the modern model as to where to place them on that models tree. If a way could have been ascertained to make the SS piece fit into the puzzle board they would have already been classified. 

I feel there is also truth in you second point as well. Layers of the govt absolutely know about the SSq, however they are as much at a loss as to how to manage them, what their actual numbers are, and what all they are capable of. They are completely autonomous and are not subject to the same governmental controls or reach that say human beings are relegated to.

Also a general animal cannot tell us very much about what they are , where they come from. The SSq can and Im not so sure the govt wants them talking. Im sure that seems like a rather comical statement to make for some of you, but I am dead serious.

Certainly this is all opinion based on my own research and experience.

Edited by ThePhaige

Hello ItsAsquatch,

Yeah, me too. And when that wasn;t happening the same ground was being covered as in the ""Is Sasqautch a Secret?" thread but without the links to support the various opinions.

Guest LarryP

What about establishing a free roam policy for BF?

Are you joking?

They roam wherever they want to roam.

And that's why the government pretends they don't exist.

Came in this topic to hopefully find a good read but all I found was leftfoot arguing with people. And vice virsa

So I'm only allowed to post in a thread only if I can agree with everyone else?  I don't agree with the notion that there is some kind of grand conspiracy to coverup the existence of Bigfoot.

Are you joking?

The only joke here are your laughable claims.

LarryP said:

They roam wherever they want to roam.

And that's why the government pretends they don't exist.

Last I checked, so do water foul.  Where's the great duck denial?

Edited by Leftfoot

Guest LarryP

Last I checked, so do water foul. Where's the great duck denial?

You have a repetitive apples to oranges problem.

The only joke here are your laughable claims.

They're not "claims".

Larry P- free roam policy applies to most large game animals in California. Free roam means that the creature is not resticted to/boundaries, however if they roam into unprotected - non public lands they are subject to regulations pretaining to that certain animal such as season(s), tags etc; unless the certain animal is on a protected species list. So it means it can go wherever it wishes. Also doesn't mean thats why the government pretents they don't exsist. to be classified and then put on a protected species list a certain creature would have to be proven it exsists first. Why would any governing body want to prove the exsistance of BF? OK heres why--- insurance mitigation responsibilities, expanded work forse for the legal oversight, classification studies, informing and educating the general public about what to do if you or your family happen upon a 600-800 lb. creature that has scared the hell out of you. classification studies, public comment, industrial pressures and addressing their cronies, ---  shall I go on?