Why Cover Up Big Foot?

Guest Grifter9931

^^^Just unexplained UFO's hitting, destroying or snatching up aircraft in flight might interfere with the smooth operations of their business of getting their flights in on time.

Just idly theorizin'. :keeporder: 

Evidence that UFOs are hitting, destroying, or snatching up commercial aircraft?

Just a heads up so there's no surprise: Any links to conspiritards will be summarily dismissed without prejudice. I wouldn't trust them if they made the claim that water was wet.

^^^No.  Being unexplained means it requires an explanation.

My problem in the field under specific discussion here (not sure how anyone is gonna test UFO) is that the explanation is a subject of scientific interest, yet interest seems to be lacking given the volume of evidence, nothing with this big and consistent a pile of which remains unproven...except this.

The problem with UFOs, though, it's a subject that people only want confirmation for. And every time they don't get it, out comes the accusation that the full truth isn't being shared.

^^^And that there is where I separate sasquatch and UFO.

UFO are "paranormal," and as such - whether they are extraterrestrial spacecraft or not - currently untestable by the sciences as they now stand.

But footprints can be followed, and sighting concentrations of the animal leaving those prints can be followed up for more evidence.

It doesn't surprise me that the commercial aviation industry doesn't want to deal with unexplained phenomenon. Probably interferes with the smooth operations of their business of getting their flights in on time.

Agree or disagree?

There are a lot of things that the commercial aviation industry would prefer not to deal with because they have a negative effect on the bottom line.

But the FAA forces the industry through safety regulations to deal with said safety regulations. So it's more than a little suspicious that the FAA doesn't do the job that NARCAP has to do with regard to UAP.

The same applies to the USAF with regard to MUFON.

As far as BF goes, the US Fish and Wildlife Service is tasked with wildlife MANAGEMENT. Which is all about CONTROL.

So here we are again with that control thing with regard to governments.

Exactly why I don't consider UFOs and Bigfoot to be comparable subjects, especially where cover-ups are discussed.

I'd agree.

I think most of the cover-up talk stems from this: nothing that science normally does to confirm something as real has been carried out in the case of sasquatch. All effort by true professionals has been a travesty of part-time; much of what is done by amateurs scares professionals away from the field; those professionals who have had direct experiences have related them anonymously, by and large; and the continuous field time normally required for scientific confirmation of something simply hasn't been put in.

^^^And that there is where I separate sasquatch and UFO.

UFO are "paranormal," and as such - whether they are extraterrestrial spacecraft or not - currently untestable by the sciences as they now stand.

But footprints can be followed, and sighting concentrations of the animal leaving those prints can be followed up for more evidence.

That is not true at all, DWA.

That is not true at all, DWA.

So footprints can't be followed, and sighting concentrations of the animal leaving those prints can't be followed up for more evidence?

Some fun facts for you to chew on, Larry. Sol is just one star system in the local stellar group which consists of fifty stars and is thirty light years across in a galaxy that is somewhere around a hundred-twenty light years across and comprised of a hundred to four billion stars with an estimated seventeen billion earth-like planets with potentially as many earth-like planets in each of the five-hundred billion galaxies estimated to exist in the universe. It is 4.5 light years to our nearest stellar neighbor.

How likely is it do you think we're being visited again by an alien race again?

Edited by Leftfoot

Not to derail too much farther, but you assume they come and go.  

Regarding the OP.  I think it has been covered thrice over at least that there are good, financial reasons to keep BF covered up.  Be it a large scale effort, or a self-censoring effort on a much smaller scale.

Not to derail too much farther, but you assume they come and go.

I don't assume that they come and go, overstay their welcome or even are aware that we exist.

Cotter said :

Regarding the OP.  I think it has been covered thrice over at least that there are good, financial reasons to keep BF covered up.  Be it a large scale effort, or a self-censoring effort on a much smaller scale.

I assume the later, though I'm not sure that 'profit' or 'control' has a whole lot to do with it. It might be that the people in position to put a cover-up or whatever into place might simply disbelieve in the notion that there is such a thing and the don't want to deal with it.