Why Cover Up Big Foot?

Guest Grifter9931

The government was MADE to live up to its commitment to endangered species.  (Don't want the flak, don't pass the Act.)

There is nothing compelling any government body to come clean on this.  Nothing.  And more than everything compelling them to just not talk about it.  Human nature and psychology are on very firm ground here.  They have nothing to gain.

Hello DWA,

In this I also agree. Hey, you're on a roll here. It's a catch-22. If it's on the endangered species list as a KNOWN animal then all the laws apply. Sasquatch? Not on the list and the criteria for getting it there is this: 

“Under normal situations,†Schreiner said, “we must know a great deal

about a species before we list it. How big is the population? Does it

occur anywhere else? Is the population in danger of decline? Is its

habitat secure? Is the species being exploited? What is its reproductive

rate? Obviously, if a Bigfoot really were found we could use emergency

provisions of the Act to protect it immediately."

So? There is currently NO federal protection in place for the Creature. 

I would agian just like to say after several year on going discussion with the Ca.F&W Dept. specifically the commision(folks that make the rules and regulations) the discussion has come from "bf doesn't exsist" to "this is what you need to present to the commision at public comment sessions for the board to consider". My own suspision is that the state already knows  that BF exsistd, it just won't let the public know that it knows. Also until the public could match or better the states hand the Ca. F&W has no obligation to move on ecknowledging BF exsists in my opinion.

This is not a cover-up more it is a question who is on the need to know list. BTW Hiflier I think that was a good perspective on buearucratic mindset.

Edited by ptangier

The government commits to protecting non-endangered species as well. Seeing you guys coming up with excuse as to why the govt would hide a new great ape species is like seeing someone ride a tricycle across the grand canyon.

^^^Actually, make that second sentence refer to you and you got it right.  As I said:  everything's on our side on this one.  Anyone who thinks bureaucrats would have any interest in blowing the lid off this needs to go back and take Civics - and Psych 100 - again.

See, you're comfortable saying what you say because you're sure it isn't real.  We, on the other hand,understanding what the evidence says, have to discuss a world in which it is.

DWA-  actually IDO believe it is real. We might be on the same perspective of where the on-going dialoge with the Ca. F&W Commission. This dialoge has progressed from "nothing to talk about" to "OK, this is what we need for consideration", that was all I was trying to point out. Sooooo

since the commision has softened their tone it makes me wonder about what they really do know.

Hello Jerrymanderer,

The government commits to protecting non-endangered species as well.

Gee, thanks for the lesson. You obviously felt that after reading every one of our posts in every thread for at least the past six months that we needed this clarification. JM, all teasing aside, Sasquatch hasn't made it to endangered yet, so the chasm (speaking of Grand Canyon) to the non-endangered category is rather unthinkable. It will take science to jump into the Forest to determine whether the creature is actually in danger of extinction. IF the Creature exists then my guess is the activity of at least two major industries has placed the animal under stress. Again, IF the Creature exists, there is no way to tell if there has been an industry impact on any success or decline in populations to warrant an endangered or non-endangered ststus. Any ideas on how best to determine such a status?

The government commits to protecting non-endangered species as well.

That is correct. Which falls under wildlife MANAGEMENT (I.E.- control).

So there's that lack of control problem again.

Hello All,

I've been doing searches regarding what guidelines may or may not be in place for how to address the disconery of an heretofore unknown species of plant, bird, or animal. Just to see if there is/are a policy(s) in place already for such a contingency. To me it wouldn't make good sense to not have juch a policy as a contigency plan. Any one able to give any ideas for narrowng the search? There is mention of unverified species but technically not unknown ones. My focus lately is on policy underpinnings to see if the Sasquatch subject has currently been broached within any agencies. 

As you can see, I NEVER stop investigating or trying different angles to crack the case.

Edited by hiflier

That is correct. Which falls under wildlife MANAGEMENT (I.E.- control).

So there's that lack of control problem again.

You really need more material, Larry. They way you talk about them, you make the government sound like a third rate super villain wanting some ill-defined control for the sake of control.

The government can't control bigfoot? Is it a supernatural being?

The annoying thing about the Bigfoot community is that a surprising number of the community members believe and claim exactly that. As if that really helps matters any.

...... you make the government sound like a third rate super villain wanting some ill-defined control for the sake of control.

now yer gettin' it.  :-)

The annoying thing about the Bigfoot community is that a surprising number of the community members believe and claim exactly that. As if that really helps matters any.

I dismiss those b/c looking at the number of BF enthusiasts out there, I would expect that number of fringe claims to surface.  So, it cannot be used as a basis for refutal.  :-)