Why Cover Up Big Foot?

Guest Grifter9931

You don't even know the size of the group and you've failed to define "fringe".

Size of which group?  The size of the government or the number of people making fringe claims?  And yes, I very much defined fringe.

LarryP said:

So now you're saying that the NARCAP catalog is verifiable.

You might try reading the question again.  Slowly.

LarryP said:

Thanks, for your honesty..albeit belated.

I do not agree with you.  I do not agree with your claims.  And I do not agree with your sources.  What do you think of my honesty now?

Kids: Don't wear tinfoil helmets while attending school. It interferes with your studies and leads one to accept outre theories.

Have you ever seen a giant cryptid, incorrigible?

Was that a theory?

Hello LarryP,

Bingo that. Announcing existence benefitssome but not all. Announcing non-existence does the same for a different set of folks. Announcing nothing is good round the board. Keeps the tax revenues flowing at max.

Announcing existence benefitssome but not all.

I would argue that recognizing the existence of Bigfoot would benefit more people than it would harm, if it harms anyone at all.

Hello DWA,

Totally agree! With existence being acknoledged some might think it wouldn't reach chaos but the "usual" summer at say, Yellowstone, is already chaotic. Researching areas of Sasquatch activity would escalate in the public arena and the Human/hunter presence in areas not normally prone to that kind of influx/pressure would change drastically. No, acknowledging existence has to be NOT an option. I've given the dynamic much thought during the "Is Sasquatch a Secret" thread. One can only imagine the fallout. Not to mention ANY industrial activity would recieve an immense amount of public sentiment against the typical intrusiveness of logging and fracking. Two activities that for now at least are relatively low key media-wise.  

• Upvote 1

Not to mention ANY industrial activity would recieve an immense amount of public sentiment against the typical intrusiveness of logging and fracking.

So business as usual then?

hiflier said:

Two activities that for now at least are relatively low key media-wise.

The logging and fracking companies draws a lot of negative attention from media outlets, both mainstream and otherwise.

Hello Leftfoot,

Yep, but overall not enough to thwart the the expansion from 2,000 to over 4,000 wells in Colorado alone, nor the impact of the industry in Pennsylvania or New York. That's what I mean by lack of media attention. The level of attention is low to moderate at best and at least in the public eye is ineffective.

Edited by hiflier

One can only imagine the fallout.

"Undisputed proof of a Bigfoot: might cause an immediate, short-term

problem no law could handle. Word of its discovery would be flashed around

the world within hours, hysteria, fear, or panic might accompany the news

in the area where the creature was located. The throngs of curiosity

seekers, would- be captors, and others wishing to find Bigfoot would not

only create a serious threat to the animal itself, but to public safety

as well. Some officials doubt whether any State or Federal action short

of calling out the National Guard could keep order in the area within the

first few hours or days of the creature’s discovery. This could be essential

until a team of scientists could do the necessary things to ensure

the creature’s survival."

Edited by LarryP

^^^Sounds extreme.  But one only need to look around these forums to see all the holes in people's belief systems that they like to plug with stuff like this, and wonder.

The government regulated the hell out of lumber companies for the spotted owl. Don't think they'll hide a new species of great ape (not to mention one that has been a cultural icon) to please them.