Why Cover Up Big Foot?

Guest Grifter9931

BFF Patron

I like it when Meldrum throws out a number like that.    He can take the heat for how he derived it, not me.    Maybe that will be one of the things they determine if the Falcon Project works at all.   See how much they do move around.   But if they follow one for a day or two and it comes out to get into a car at a trailhead, then we will know the resolution is not so good.  

SSR Team

Mountain Gorilla home range 10 - 15 square miles as per NatGeo.

North American Black Bear home range 15 - 80 square miles as per NatGeo.

We know so little about these things it's ridiculous.

BFF Patron

Well IMO they prefer cover, and aren't half such a worry when they can't get you surrounded. I have the perception that there's far less reporting of flanking behaviour in the open, they just wanna head back for the wood line, apart maybe from atypical rogues.

Really I think they will flank you whenever they feel like it, I'm reminded of the Army patrol in GA swamps that was circled by a BF several times just to show them it could do it. 

I was flanked on my home turf, and could see the flankers in the twilight (two of them) as I had been out and dark adapted for nearly 70-80 minutes.  Sure, I think they would prefer to flank you under cover, especially if you are an unknown quantity.  So happens I was a known quantity in this area.  

• Upvote 1

Both of these interviews go into the whats and whys very well I feel, both from different sides of the belief and research camps.

Will Jevning

http://blogtalk.vo.llnwd.net/o23/show/5/039/show_5039619.mp3

Ron Morehead

http://blogtalk.vo.llnwd.net/o23/show/5/008/show_5008663.mp3

Great interviews, TP (and great posts elsewhere here, too). 

Here's another interview -- this time with Robert Morgan -- that covers similar ground. Morgan apparently had a conversation with an elected government official about why there would never be any funding for BF research. His account of that conversation starts at about 27 minutes in. 

And here's a transcript of the relevant section, preceded by some background information I also got from the interview. My apologies if all of this is well known already and/or mentioned elsewhere on the forum. I knew none of it, so thought it was pretty interesting. 

Morgan created a science advisory board of academics and professionals to help him do research on the forest giants. One of these people even included the Secretary of the Smithsonian at the time, S. Dillon Ripley, who offered Morgan the use of his laboratories.

Morgan says:

I could not get a study grant from the National Science Foundation. And I’m asking, “Why? Yeah, okay, so I’m a dummy; the rest of these guys aren’t, you know? Give us a hand here.â€â€¦. I flew to Washington D.C., [and said to some government officials] fine, you’re giving grants [to study butterflies]; how about this?†So one gentleman, I won’t refer to his name, because he’s still in the government, he took me, he says, “Let’s take a walk.â€â€¦.We went out on the mall, he said, “Morgan, you will never get a cent – not one penny – from the government, using tax money to prove that there’s another hominid walking the face of this earth that have the qualities that you’re talking about.†He says, “Do you have any idea what organized religions would do? Do you have any idea?†He said, “We’d be drummed out. You cannot use tax money to attack the base.†I said, “I’m not attacking anything.†He said, “You don’t understand. If these people that you’re talking about, the Bigfoot people, exist, as you say, and as everyone else believes…you are going to put a crack in the foundations of organized religions, and they’re gonna vote us out of office. So forget it. If you want to do it, do it on your own.â€

Apparently Grover Krantz and George Agozzino (sp?) -- friends of Morgan’s -- then said to him, “Are you kidding? We knew that…. That’s why you can’t get universities involved.â€

Morgan goes on: “This is why Dr. Meldrum – this guy has chutzpah, God bless him.â€

In the same interview, Morgan mentions a conversation he had with George Schaller. Schaller told Morgan he was going to pretend to go off to study the snow leopard in the Himalayas, but he was really looking for the yeti. Schaller also couldn’t get public money to study BF.  

As a fairly religious person myself, I cannot understand why the existence of sasquatch would be a threat to religion, organized or otherwise.

If the issue is evolution, I don't believe that is the high hurdle for many religious folks that many make it out to be. I feel it's just as likely to confirm some scriptual and apocryphal writings.

Edited by Bonehead74
  • Upvote 1

My guess is that if the Fed govt tomorrow called a news conference and announced that BF's exist, probably the majority of people would still not believe them.

BFF Patron

Bonehead, several faiths reference the watchers or something similar in their religious texts.     Certainly BF behavior matches that in that they observe but do not interact.  One habituation situation comes to mind where I have corresponded with a daughter whose family place has had resident BF for as long as they have owned the place for several generations.    She claims the BF speak broken English.    She asked them one day why they feel like they cannot show themselves to humans.  The answer was that it is not permitted.  They will show to family only but only under conditions the BF control.      The question in my mind is who does not permit it?   Who would have the authority that a 9 foot giant being would be afraid of?.     If anything that is thought provoking and can take you several directions for the different theories floating around.    Certainly avoiding human contact seems to be some prime directive no matter what the origin of the directive is. 

I wouldn't hazard a guess at who or what the third party is, but it's been plain to see there's something more going on than a cat & mouse game with an 800 lb bipedal gorilla. B)  

• Upvote 1

Interesting. Coonbo made a similar statement in the "New Government Coverup Story" thread. It seems many experienced field researchers eventually reach a similar conclusion, although not all who do will actually come out and say it.

Maybe they have been officially discovered are still being studied with regards to behavior patterns and possible threat to man before its revealed to the public that there are 8ft hairy monsters out there in the forests.

It wouldn't surprise me if your scenario proved to be correct, Neanderfoot, but I think it still misses a big part of the puzzle.