Bigfoot Beheads People?

I've purposely avoided this thread because it seems ridiculous to suggest that BF be-heads people.

Taken all I can and would just ask for 1 credible case of BF be-heading people to be posted.

Best I can tell,  they appear to be fairly docile and are just trying to live in an ever shrinking world for them.

For the most part I think they are docile toward humans, but there are exceptions to the case.  You specifically ask for proof of beheadings. I noted some beheadings earlier in this tread and provided links.  This first one was reported in several newspapers at the time of the incident, which makes it credible.  In post # 12 was this:

June 20, 1829: Okefenokee Swamp, Georgia. A team of hunters set out in an attempt to track down and kill a Bigfoot in the swamp. After tracking for two weeks, they were set upon by the Bigfoot one night. The men opened up with all their guns, but it seemed useless. Five of the men were killed by the Bigfoot, who then tore all of the men’s heads off. The surviving men opened up on the Bigfoot, finally killing it. Reported by Augusta Chronicle, March 12, 2000 – “Hunters Told of Swamp Creature’s Attack.â€

In post # 8 was this about the Tyapish or  Snayihum (which are bigfoot):

"Allen Chenois added that the Tyapish had not killed any Indians of the past generation that he knows of, but he had heard that former Chehalis Indians had been murdered at times by the giant Indians. They were so strong it is known they could pull a grown man’s head right off.  L. Peter James of the Lummi tribe related last year to the writer that the Seeahtik always leaves a tiny branch of cedar tree at places they have visited or upon people whom they have killed or played a practical joke on. The Duwamish tribe at one time related that some of their women had been stolen. The Seeahtiks in a rage killed 12 of the Duwamish tribe by ripping them in two. Mr. James’ mother, who is still alive, was a witness to the tragedy. She said; “They took our young men like toys, turning them upside down and ripping them in two like a piece of calico. Never again did the Duwamish tribe seek revenge when their women and babies were stolen by these Snayihum or Indians of the night and brothers to the Noseless one.â€

http://hamell.net/earliest-documented-bigfoot-sighting-in-pacific-northwest-part-2/

In another post I mentioned another story of a beheading in the 1800's of the leader of a federally appointed Indian tribal lawmen in Texas.  They went after a group of bigfoot that had been stealing and eating Indian children.  Their leader got his head pulled off.

Edited by jayjeti

HRpuffnstuff,

From post # 12 here is the link about the beheadings that were reported in several newspapers in Georgia and Florida at the time of the incident:

http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/2000/03/12/liv_283783.shtml

I believe many like yourself don't view them as potentially dangerous, but it is not ridiculous to have a healthy discussion that examines that side of their behavior.

Edited by jayjeti

Everyone and everything is potentially dangerous.

But irrational fear is irrational fear.

More people die by falling off of ladders than by BF (beheaded or not). 

• Upvote 2

Thanks Jayjeti,  2 plus 1's to you from me.

Cotter and everyone else for that matter: I started this topic because I had never heard about any of these behaviors regarding BF, and I wanted answers.

I am ***not*** hysterically**** hiding inside my home. I go out and about, and do what I need to do as all people do regularly.

I was shocked and dismayed about some of the unknown to me at that time Bigfoot behavior, so I came here for answers.

I have received those answers, and I am truly okay. I am not living in fear.

I live and lead a totally normal life. 

Thank you for your concern Cotter, thankfully, all is well. :girldance:

SweetSuziq

You can always write your congressman - you are supposed to get a response (of course your mileage may vary).

Sometimes they take an interest (like Jonestown). 

You never know - you may be the one of many who are concerned enough to tip the scales and get their attention.

Just my $0.02

Thanks Frap, and a plus 1 to you from me.

Hi Suzi,

Perhaps it's your posting style, or my interpretation of it....I apologize if I came across a bit harsh.  You know I pop in occassionally to point out there are more 'real' fears to be concerned with.

With that said, I bet you could find instances of people getting beheaded by all sorts of creatures.  I don't think that BF is all flower-child peace loving, and I don't think they are bloodthirty demons of the forest.

ANY living creature will do terrible things to others if the circumstances are there.

:-)

• Upvote 1

Cotter, You and I are in *total* agreement regarding BF.

Human beings do all types of bad things, so it is not a stretch to believe that an occasional BF or DM may go "off the reservation" so to say, and hurt humans. Some of us are possibly easy prey, and a disabled BF may have to resort to eating whatever they can find.

However, I sincerely think that most BF avoid us.

Have you listened to Tim's podcast, posted on the first comment made by me when I started this topic?

If not, go and listen to it and then get back to me, okay?

That podcast led to all of this, and I have yet to meet Tim, who is a well respected member here.

Susi i listened to the podcast and have more than once. i love to hear coonbos stories and the one about the hunter being torn apart is crazy!

Here's an old story about Joshua LeFlore getting his head torn off by a bigfoot.

Human-Bigfoot War, Oklahoma, 1855

Choctaw territory in Indian Territory was in SE Oklahoma, which is Ground Zero for Bigfoots in Oklahoma.

Interesting story. The Bigfoots (only referred to here as the giants) had been raiding human settlements on SE Oklahoma and Arkansas for some time, mostly stealing vegetables. They had also been stealing human children and apparently eating them. A Choctaw search party was organized, led by Joshua LeFlore.

This man actually existed. He was born in the Choctaw Nation in 1797 and died in Indian Territory in 1855. So apparently this story, if it is true, is from 1855. It must be later than 1838 because Indian Territory was only established in that year. It references Arkansas, and that state was let in in 1836. There was not yet a state of Oklahoma, not to come into being until 1907. So the story must have taken place from 1838-1907.

A hunting party tracks the Bigfoots down and finds a giant mound with the bodies of 19 human children the Bigfoots have been kidpnapping and eating. The Bigfoots are covered in hair, and the bad smell of their s and p is everywhere. Most of the humans’ horses rear up and throw their riders, which is what horses do when they see Bigfoots.

The humans attack the Bigfoots, and LeFlore empties his revolver at one, but it’s useless. The Bigfoot kills LeFlore’s mount with a single blow and then tears off LeFlore’s head. The rest of the Indians open up with .50 caliber Sharp’s buffalo rifles (designed to drop a buffalo) on the beasts, from experience aiming at their heads, as this is the best way to kill them. Two Bigfoots drop. A Choctaw Indian hunts down LeFlore’s killer and finishes it off with a hunting knife. Then he decapitates it for good measure.

The Indians bury what’s left of the kids, then bury their leader, giving him a 21 gun salute. Then they make a bonfire and burn the Bigfoots on the fire. They ride home, heading for bad dreams, maybe lasting a lifetime.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1602019_.html&r=46205628&qte=1

Here's an old story about Joshua LeFlore getting his head torn off by a bigfoot.

Human-Bigfoot War, Oklahoma, 1855

Choctaw territory in Indian Territory was in SE Oklahoma, which is Ground Zero for Bigfoots in Oklahoma.

Interesting story. The Bigfoots (only referred to here as the giants) had been raiding human settlements on SE Oklahoma and Arkansas for some time, mostly stealing vegetables. They had also been stealing human children and apparently eating them. A Choctaw search party was organized, led by Joshua LeFlore.

This man actually existed. He was born in the Choctaw Nation in 1797 and died in Indian Territory in 1855. So apparently this story, if it is true, is from 1855. It must be later than 1838 because Indian Territory was only established in that year. It references Arkansas, and that state was let in in 1836. There was not yet a state of Oklahoma, not to come into being until 1907. So the story must have taken place from 1838-1907.

A hunting party tracks the Bigfoots down and finds a giant mound with the bodies of 19 human children the Bigfoots have been kidpnapping and eating. The Bigfoots are covered in hair, and the bad smell of their s and p is everywhere. Most of the humans’ horses rear up and throw their riders, which is what horses do when they see Bigfoots.

The humans attack the Bigfoots, and LeFlore empties his revolver at one, but it’s useless. The Bigfoot kills LeFlore’s mount with a single blow and then tears off LeFlore’s head. The rest of the Indians open up with .50 caliber Sharp’s buffalo rifles (designed to drop a buffalo) on the beasts, from experience aiming at their heads, as this is the best way to kill them. Two Bigfoots drop. A Choctaw Indian hunts down LeFlore’s killer and finishes it off with a hunting knife. Then he decapitates it for good measure.

The Indians bury what’s left of the kids, then bury their leader, giving him a 21 gun salute. Then they make a bonfire and burn the Bigfoots on the fire. They ride home, heading for bad dreams, maybe lasting a lifetime.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1602019_.html&r=46205628&qte=1

Is bigfoot getting a bad wrap?  If I was a bigfoot and puny humans shot at me or my friends, it would be easy to develop a homicidal attitude.

I wonder if humans are the real culprit and invaded BF territory for game, and shot some with arrows? This caused retaliatory raids led by bigfoots where they kidnapped humans as retribution. So what came first the chicken or the egg? 60% of my thinking leans towards humans as being the culprits.

Awhile back, Shadow Born, or someone posted a report of N W Pacific Coastal tribe that pissed off the peaceful bigfoots and the bigfoots began to kidnap children for the first time.

http://robertlindsay.wordpress.com/2011/04/18/human-bigfoot-war-oklahoma-1855/

Many Western tribes describe areas of their territory that were totally off limits, and the Indians refused to go there, for these were the territories of the Bigfoots. These territories were full of game, but the Indians were so terrified that they avoided them like the plague. Why would Indians avoid a forage-rich area area due to creatures that don’t even exist?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posted 03 September 2011 - 03:22 PM

JDL: I performed a quick google search for some of the names in the Sacred Baby Mountain story. There are genealogical records of a Jonathan Joshua LeFlore in the Oklahoma Territory contemporaneous to the period of the account, and also a prominent Choctaw indian family with the surname Tubbee, including Chief Okah Tubbee.

It seems to me that further investigation would require discussion with Dr. Tuklo Nashoba, the author of the account, to determine his sources, and some digging into territorial and tribal records from the period.  

Dr. Nashoba titled the story as a Legend, and authorized its use by the TBRI, stating that the "ITS-BIG" site containing the Legend "was mostly for fun". Dr. Nashoba's site no longer appears to exist

Edited by georgerm
  • Upvote 1

I have asked hubby about helping me set up a webpage starting with something about: 

"BF: the cautious concerns" or "Bigfoot Lives, The good, the bad, and the ugly"

but I was really wanted to use this:

****"Bigfoot/Sasquatch: The cautious concerns: "Safely sharing the forest with this species"***

because I wish for people to be aware, not terrified because the BF have always been in the woodlands. 

I wanted to target specifically the issues regarding a few members of this species possibly being dangerous to humans; and then add in a few good encounters plus perhaps some scary encounters where no one was hurt, but hubby said absolutely not.

He does not want me garnering any more attention to myself, or the family, due to his safety concerns about my name being public regarding my BF concerns and the issue that some of the BF species could be  harvesting humans..

Hubby said he would remove the computer from the house if he even thought that I was doing something so public that could bring attention to the family.

He fears that such attention could be dangerous, and he is worried for my safety.

I found the quote below at this webpage:

(**Link to R.L.'s website removed)

QUOTE: "June 20, 1829: Okefenokee Swamp, Georgia. A team of hunters set out in an attempt to track down and kill a Bigfoot in the swamp. After tracking for two weeks, they were set upon by the Bigfoot one night. The men opened up with all their guns, but it seemed useless. Five of the men were killed by the Bigfoot, who then tore all of the Men’s heads off. The surviving men opened up on the Bigfoot, finally killing it. Reported by the Augusta Chronicle, Augusta, Georgia, March 12, 2000 – “Hunters Told of Swamp Creature’s Attack.â€

Edited by chelefoot
To remove link due to content

I found the quote below at this webpage:

(**Link to R.L.'s website removed)

QUOTE: "June 20, 1829: Okefenokee Swamp, Georgia. A team of hunters set out in an attempt to track down and kill a Bigfoot in the swamp. After tracking for two weeks, they were set upon by the Bigfoot one night. The men opened up with all their guns, but it seemed useless. Five of the men were killed by the Bigfoot, who then tore all of the Men’s heads off. The surviving men opened up on the Bigfoot, finally killing it. Reported by the Augusta Chronicle, Augusta, Georgia, March 12, 2000 – “Hunters Told of Swamp Creature’s Attack.â€

Bigfoot Forums has a private ban on any links to R. L.'s blog due to some other insensitive content he has written not related to bigfoot.

Here is a link to the story you mention above that does not go through his site.

http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/2000/03/12/liv_283783.shtml

Is bigfoot getting a bad wrap?  If I was a bigfoot and puny humans shot at me or my friends, it would be easy to develop a homicidal attitude.

I wonder if humans are the real culprit and invaded BF territory for game, and shot some with arrows? This caused retaliatory raids led by bigfoots where they kidnapped humans as retribution. So what came first the chicken or the egg? 60% of my thinking leans towards humans as being the culprits.

Awhile back, Shadow Born, or someone posted a report of N W Pacific Coastal tribe that pissed off the peaceful bigfoots and the bigfoots began to kidnap children for the first time.

I'm posting stories of alleged beheadings by sasquatches because that is the title of this thread and early on someone asked for proof of them ever beheading people, and more recently another poster protested asking for proof that BF would ever do such a thing, that it was ridiculous.  Some have an ideal view of BF.  One account I posted of one that measured 13 foot tall after they were able to kill it had ripped five of the hunting party's heads off (4 men survived).  It was reported at the time of incident in multiple newspapers in Georgia and Florida. I noted that as proof that it has happened.  

As far as what you comment about bigfoots began to kidnap children for the first time after a Pacific Coastal tribe had angered some peaceful bigfoots, I don't know where that comes from.  "Many" different Native American legends over a wide area claim abductions of women and children, and the eating of them.  I agree with you that in many cases BF has taken retribution against humans for what humans did.  Regarding the five men that got their heads torn off, they seem to be the aggressors in that incident.  I believe the vast majority of sasquatches are not a danger to humans.  But I'm not going to idealize the peaceful sasquatch, that it would never engage in dangerous conduct out of its own volition.  But as you allude, I believe they have a vengeance culture that if you harm them you are in real danger, and I agree that humans can cause retribution.

I ascribe to the belief that some hold that they were once more dangerous before the introduction of the gun into North America.  Early Indian legends claim their weapons were useless against them.  I believe the gun has pacified their culture and made them more leery of humans.   I don't want to come off as alarmist that we should be in fear for our lives when traversing their habitat, I don't think that is a great worry, but I don't want to be unrealistic that they never pose any danger and it should not be taboo to discuss all facets of their behavior.  I don't agree that such discussion will cause people to go out looking to kill them.    

Jayleti - You are correct there are several from various parts of North America and some aren't real pretty. The Shasta, Shoshone and Comanche's to name a few. You might find additional information on this thread topic of a little 1965 Texas town and up the east coast, in the great state of Maine.     

• masterbarber unpinned this topic