Bigfoot Beheads People?

Do you seriously attribute those as being related to BF?

Or BF beheading people?

Makes for interesting reading for sure and thanks for the post. I know it took some time and effort to compile that.

I believe in BF. But I think attributing such to BF does the subject more harm than good.

The subject is a joke anyhow until someone drags one in..........so I'm never to concerned with what skeptics think of our "subject" matter. If it's out there it's out there, no amount of debating here will settle the question.

Might as well have a little fun with it!

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

http://www.quora.com/Can-a-grizzly-bear-knock-a-persons-head-off-with-one-swipe-of-the-paw

Historical account of bear decapitating moose! (seriously. read this.) 

The claim that an adult grizzly bear can decapitate a moose with one swipe of its paw is an established fact.The first reported event took place in Alaska in 1895 by a Russian miner who was hiking through the wilderness. According to his account, he witnessed a moose drinking from a stream when a Grizzly bear approached from the other side. Moose are very territorial, and they are especially known to attack anything they perceive to be a threat to their water source. The moose charged full speed across the stream, and just as it neared the bear, the bear stood up and with a quick motion swiped the moose in the side of the face. The moose's head became decapitated and flew a distance of fifteen to twenty feet....and quick as a spark on a fire the grizzly bear stood up and swatted the moose in the face. Why it was if you or I would swat a fly, but the impact seemed to me as loud as a gunshot. And then I was absolutely flabbergasted and discombobulated to see, a great up-splash of blood, and the moose's head detached from the body and landed not three feet from where I was hidden, its eyes staring right at me.  The bear sat down immediately and began drinking from the stream as if nothing had happened, as if it were a regular occurrence to go decapitating the head of a moose. Never in my life will I forget the power of the grizzly bear...The report was met by skepticism until noted American biologist Dr. Jacob MacDonaldson observed a similar event in the spring of 1954. MacDonaldson was observing the movements of a Grizzly bear when a moose walked into the same space. The grizzly bear perceived the moose to be a threat to the cubs, and roared to scare it off. But the moose began to graze. The bear then charged the moose, but again the moose did not move. The bear then lumbered over to the moose, and with a powerful swipe of its paw, decapitated the moose. Dr. MacDonaldson later retrieved the moose head an autopsy found damage consistent with that of decapitation by impact.Later studies contribute the phenomenon to both the relative weakness of a moose's upper neck and the power of a grizzly bears arm. Although a grizzly bear is very powerful, it does not have the strength to decapitate most creatures larger than a man. A moose however is peculiar in the structure of its upper neck, which is weak, and any force that puts a significant and sudden pressure on the weakest point of the neck will inevitably cause decapitation.Since 1895, there have been 15 reported cases of Moose decapitation by Grizzly, and most scientists theorize it is a natural, albeit somewhat rare, event.  *It would be very interesting if the strike force of a paw-swipe could be measured for comparison.

A bull has a super strong neck, but I would not argue a BF could not decapitate one, as they twist 8" tree branches like they are toys. Moose has a 'weak neck' which is why this can happen, seems odd with the huge rack, they would have a weak neck link.

That list, many sound like 411 stuff, some are definitely 411 stuff. Some dog-man stuff in there, BF looking like ''chows'' - Michigan has some nasty stuff going on, but I'm sure other states have similar reports.

Love those scanner reports, would be great to get on a scanner site, see what info can be gleened from scanner people. Its like a cult thing.

November, 2004

Washtenaw County, Michigan

Citizen monitoring police scanner says Michigan DNR received two reports of a large brown 7 foot tall ape-like creature carrying a dead deer crossing a trail inside a State Recreation Area.

I wouldn’t know Wag, I listened to enough of them it gives me no great stimulation, but if someone comes by some interesting noise then ….

No, but it sure makes for good carp bait, when nothing else bites ….

Or BF beheading people?

Makes for interesting reading for sure and thanks for the post. I know it took some time and effort to compile that.

I wouldn’t know Wag, I listened to enough of them it gives me no great stimulation, but if someone comes by some interesting noise then ….

No, but it sure makes for good carp bait, when nothing else bites ….

Or BF beheading people?

Yea, but are you in a BF area? These guys are probably in N. Michigan. You would need to be in a ''BF area'', and have it on all the time, especially after dark.

Wag –

The Upper Peninsula can be quite remote and extremely less populated than the lower half. I now some hammers and other folks who enjoy listening to radios, but for them it’s like me on BFF, they just enjoy it. I do not listened to that sort of thing though. Occasionally over the years, somebody would loose their prep radio and it would cause all sorts of problems on air with idiots cursing obscenities and it only lasted as long as it was charge, until the battery died.  Other than that I don' know.

With 120,256 miles of paved roadways and over 100 state or national forests, parks, recreational areas, wildlife areas with lots of wildlife and deciduous plant life and waterways, the state  provides ample opportunity see things crossing the roads and as in woods.  A vast majority of the state’s nearly 10 million residents call the lower half home.

Norseman, I am shocked that the moose did not run when the bear roared at it. Was the moose older, and perhaps hard of hearing?

More people are killed by Moose in Alaska than Bears.

They are honery and cantankerous. But I guess she picked the wrong bear on the wrong day to ignore.

Edited by norseman

SSR Team

Ok whilst on the subject of this kind of thing then and Michigan ( Gumshoe ), what are people's thoughts on Cullen Finnerty then ?

If my memory serves me right, there was local whispers about Sasquatch and they were even reported to the Police, and that was in the NY Times.

Hello Bobby O – The football player who disappeared while fishing …. After making frantic phone call … about somebody chasing him … land after his body is beneath some light debris near a body of water. I suppose only he and his pursuer(s) know the answer to that but, something doesn’t smell right in my humble opinion. Why dig deep into a man’s personal life and cherry pick whatever plausible medical condition he had or allegedly was purported to have and imply that it may have that unusual set of circumstances ….  

I mean that type of reporting is unusual isn’t it?

There have been numbers of people are gunned down, stabbings, bludgeon deaths, abductions in which case if the victims are found and identified, I rarely if ever, recall somebody digging deep into the victim’s medical for cause to explain circumstances like that. I mean certainly everything is customarily on the table during an investigation but to suggest that depression or something caused him to flee and call for help, then bury himself beneath debris is beyond reasonableness.  

SSR Team

I found it interesting that the NY Times article i read about it actually mentioned the Bigfoot/Sasquatch link that the locals here put forward seemingly seriously.

It didn't strike me as being tongue in cheek neither.

Stories such as these can be anything from natural causes to the truly strange and bizarre, but when they occur or reoccur in greater numbers of frequency with equally extraordinary and odd explanations of cause, it causes one to wonder.

If I recall correctly, in the state where the Cullen Finnerty incident occurred, two deer hunters were allegedly found dead, their clothes tattered and torn, either inside or outside their tent. I don’t recall if any follow up reporting was done on that but the story which ran in local news suggested that who discovered the bodies were first believed to be homeless people due to the appearance of their clothing. I believe that was a year or less before the Finnerty story.

Now that said, I’m not ready to join the conga line of puppies following each other with their paws on one another’s shoulder, but it certainly doesn’t pass the smell test either. If you worked in a highly bureaucratic setting you learn to spot the “bureaucratese,†whose only purpose is to obfuscate (confuse) us dummies with details not facts, when you hear it. The next step is silence…  let the story die a slow death on its own since the more questions asked, the more attention you draw and it may breathe life into something not meant for public consumption.  In a strange sort way some the methods I described for you are exactly similar to those found in the book, "The Art of Deception," by the author I won't name here.

Edited by Gumshoeye

Well if you're worried just carry a game cam around and the BF will sense it and stay clear of you.

LOL, Would my cell phone count? Could that cellphone keep me safe from BF should I ever actually venture into the woodlands again?

• masterbarber unpinned this topic