Bigfoot, Fire, Weapons, Tools And Other Oddities

Not sure if this has been stated previously, but the only "tools" that I am aware of Sasquatch using are Rocks and Sticks.

Rocks: Are either clanged together (for communication) and are thrown in the direction of humans when they want them to leave.

Sticks: Are banged together, or smashed against trees (for communication) and are thrown in the direction of humans when they want them to leave. Or placed across roads as a way of saying "Keep out".

Hey HRP, I sort of watch and read the other thread posts when I can. I just want you know that you and yours are in our thoughts my friend ...

In some of the readings of First Nations people it is said, that Sasquatch always leaves a cedar stick or twig of cedar at a spot where they made a kill. And that, if hear a whistle they are near you, and you may hear a whistle from an entirely direction is a ploy to confuse their prey. Makes them pause and think, then they sleep ... Anyone else ever read or heard that?  

Makes sense for a hunting method with two or three bigfoots. Whistle and get the animal to stay in one spot and confused.

Several years ago, a probable bigfoot and I exchanged whistles several times with 20 second pauses between. The whistles came from one direction and 100' away.

By the way Gum, your tragedies that you spoke of was sad and sorry.

Hey thanks George, you go through them and learn, then get on with life. That is about all one can be expected to do. You pay it forward in advice, in the hope others can find value in it.   

I am still flipping through primate images and cannot find anything resembling this.  

Bigfoot Different Species

January 1896

Muncie, Indiana

An animal that walks on all fours or stands erect at pleasure has been terrorizing the sparsely settled neighborhood on the outskirts of the town. The animal is said to resemble a small man, and to have tusks, and is probably a monkey escaped from a circus.

Source: Lexington Morning Herald, Lexington, Kentucky January 3, 1896

Thank you Frap 10 ...  

Edited by Gumshoeye

Yup, that about describes it doesn't it? Lol 

Now imagine something like that running around scaring the "good folk" down in Hoosier country around 1896 and you can understand why it made news .... Something like that as tall as a man walking up on some poor farmer, his back to the stranger turns looking over his shoulders saying "Can I hep ya?"  When he receives no response he looks and suddenly the stranger grins like that!

Edited by Gumshoeye

Bigfoot Extreme Size

While reading many reports and individual accounts of personal encounters I ran across one that caught my eye and it begged a second glance. It mentioned a sighting report of a 14 foot being. So it caused me to do some more checking, I wanted to know how frequent people are reporting beings of extreme sizes.   More to the point, I wondered where all the reports of enormous or extreme sized beings of yesteryear or modern present day come from? 

With over 2,700 reports I examined, more than half point to eight foot heights and a fewer number of reports point to extreme sizes. The largest size described in all Bigfoot reports relative to stature that I read came from Ohio where the gargantuan 16 footer was claimed to have been sighted. In North Carolina, a similar report listed a height ranging around 15 feet and then a slightly shorter 14 foot sighting was made in West Virginia.

Bigfoot Extreme Size

Autmun 1957

Wanoga Butte, Oregon

Two men, Gary Joanis and Jim Newall were out hunting and had just shot a deer. Before they could get to it, a 9 foot tall, hairy creature walked into the clearing, and picked the deer up, carried its off under its arm. Joanis, annoyed about losing his deer, fired several shots with his 30.06 into the creature’s back, but the creature never stopped walking. It made a noise described as “a strange whistling scream.†The creature was about nine feet tall, they said, with extremely long hair on its arms. In late July two years later in Roseburg, Oregon, two boys told state police that they had twice seen a fourteen foot man-like creature in nearby woods.

Source: High Desert Bigfoot, Washington & Strange encounters with beings that can’t exist,†B.M. Nunnelly

Bigfoot Report Extreme Size

August 1960

Rocky Mountain House, Alberta, Canada

Three workmen at the Bighorn Dam site claim they have seen a humanoid figure almost three times the size of an average man. Two of the men said they saw the figure, about fifteen feet tall, striding across a ravine. The third said it watching site from a hill. Indians believe there is a family of four of the creatures living in the area.

Source: Real encounters with beings that can’t exist, B.M. Nunnelly, p.54

I think all these oddities detract from the "consistency in sighting" argument and is something that is hard for my mind to reconcile.  Wearing clothes, wearing skins, difference in number of toes/digits, hooded/unhooded nose, claws, fangs, extreme size - these are just a few physical attributes that both have and have not been reported and not even getting into the meta-physical attributes (or lack thereof).

Not sure how it detracts from anything, but okay that's a good point to place to start. Its the seed that was planted in the mind's eye. Initiated merely by the act of placing this up here doesn't really matter if you believe it, agree with it or disagree, its there to provoke thought, which is the sole purpose and underlying goal here.

We had a member at one time who told a really cool experience involving whistling. Anyone remember who that was...It's on the tip of my tongue.  It was a female...in her 50's. She posted quite a bit. Had an awesome whistling audio. Ugh.. I can't remember.