Bigfoot, Fire, Weapons, Tools And Other Oddities

Hat tip to Norseman, I have a respect for firefighters. One my best friends is a retired firefighter to this day. It was a house fire on father’s day years ago, that I nearly lost my life saving another before the fire apparatus arrived. I woke up on the ground wrenching my insides out with an oxygen mask. Not a lot of credit is given to firefighters though. The hazards are immense. Carcinogenic fumes inhaled, polymers and petroleum products, refrigerators and bathtubs heavy appliances fallen on them, roof cave-ins, exploding can goods … Breathing carcinogens from airbag deployment in car crashes. Not good. The lesson I learned, is don’t arrive before the fire department unless you’re prepared to go in… Hat tip Norseman!

Edited by Gumshoeye

The genitals? No way.

There is only one part of the body that assures instantaneous death for every animal on the planet. The brain.

If a bullet defeats the skull and gets into the main portion of the brain, it's lights out.

Maybe not the actual genitals, but a broken pelvis puts anything bipedal on the ground.  It doesn't kill instantly, but walking is no longer an option.

17x7

Welcome 17x7 – I have read a lot of reports of objects between rocks and sticks being thrown. I personally have never experienced that however. I sampled about 2,761 Bigfoot related reports which is a tiny portion of those reported, and counted about 163 such incidents. I’ll leave it to others to draw their own conclusion from that but very few of that figure has ever reported an injury from that. In one instance that I recall, a group of people camping were getting loud and boisterous after hours of wolfing and beer drinking, they were hearing screams and screamed back. A stick or something was tossed inside camp from thickets. Some of the people started pitching alcohol containers into the thickets and were surprised when they were flung back at them... The difference was whoever was throwing them back had a little more velocity and accuracy, as it found their mark and stung some shirtless males.  

Think about it, I don’t know too many males who can think about much, if your hit “down there!† 

Thanks.  I've been around since BFF 1.0 I just can't visit much anymore since moving to Uganda some years back.  I'm only here when visiting The States or when somebody forgets to turn on the cyberfence.

17x7

BTW- "about 163 such incidents"?!?  Sounds pretty precise to me.  ;)

It is not empirical science by any means. I don’t receive anything in return for anything. I find it interesting and have a little time to be constructive. I hope the weather and things treat you well in Uganda, and hope you stop back in often. Me? I am pleased as pudding to have my feet planted right here "terra firma," in the U.S.A. I lived in Germany a couple years enjoying the food, the music, the culture, and yes the beir too, but I was sure glad be back home.   

Maybe not the actual genitals, but a broken pelvis puts anything bipedal on the ground.  It doesn't kill instantly, but walking is no longer an option.

17x7

True, but a massive bipedal ape is going to have a robust pelvis.

Its not the shot I am taking.

Hat tip to Norseman, I have a respect for firefighters. One my best friends is a retired firefighter to this day. It was a house fire on father’s day years ago, that I nearly lost my life saving another before the fire apparatus arrived. I woke up on the ground wrenching my insides out with an oxygen mask. Not a lot of credit is given to firefighters though. The hazards are immense. Carcinogenic fumes inhaled, polymers and petroleum products, refrigerators and bathtubs heavy appliances fallen on them, roof cave-ins, exploding can goods … Breathing carcinogens from airbag deployment in car crashes. Not good. The lesson I learned, is don’t arrive before the fire department unless you’re prepared to go in… Hat tip Norseman!

Thank you!

True, but a massive bipedal ape is going to have a robust pelvis.

Its not the shot I am taking.

Center of mass. In an upright, bipedal ape, that's a guaranteed heart/lungs shot. 

Agree with the Gumshoe, if it was a hunter firing the rifle, he was near-certainly using expanding bullets. The military uses fmj / non-expanding bullets. Still, a center of mass shot or two, with a .30-06 fmj / ball (think USA military rifles from both world wars and Korea) would conceivably stop a bigfoot in its tracks. Okay, within a few hundred yards. At that point, take a tissue sample if you've only a knife, otherwise collect a hand or head. Your fortune is made, and scientific inquiry is satisfied.

Edited by Incorrigible1

When I locate another example I will post it.

The Shoshone. (The Cannibal Giant caught an old woman and her granddaughter in the wood where they were gathering pitch from pine trees. The giant killed them and took them home. He ate their bodies). The grandfather went out to look for his wife and granddaughter when they didn’t come home. He found the giant’s tracks and followed to his cave where he found the giant asleep. He had his bow and arrows with him but could not kill the giant. So he shot at his penis and that is how he killed the giant. The giant is like a rock.

Source: Giants, Cannibals & Monsters: Bigfoot in Native Culture, Kathy Moskowitz  Strain, Hancock House, 2008, pp80-84.

I shoot a .45-70, and I don't chase things.

;)

Hubby says that is a good bullet, it's a 45 caliber and holds 70 grains of black powder.

Like I understand anything I just posted.

Ask me about the sizes of our I.M. shot needles, and I could discuss the best uses. One day a surgeon sent me a 13 gauge IV set with a 13 bore needle to start an IV with. It was close to the size of a pencil. I called for backup ASAP. The patient had *no* veins. Thankfully hubby, a medical student at that time, whisked me away from all of that trauma.

GUMSHOE, I truly believe that these topics you have started, and the postings have proven beyond any shadow of a doubt that the different types of sasquatch can be, and often are, dangerous.

Well, in the story's defense, it's more plausible than a living creature taking several 30.06 rounds to the back and just walking away.

A 30.06 with even light loads will hog through 3/8" cold rolled steel like it is butter.  Are we to believe a BF's skin is tougher than steel?

That BF's chest would have had several grapefruit sized holes in it.

Would the exit hole be by where the round exited?  So it was shot in the back? Until we have a body to dissect we will not be able to understand how and why these animals survive such massive wounds at least long enough to escape the area where the shooting occurred. 

Edited by SweetSusiq

Welcome SSQ – Me and needles don’t do well either. For some reason if I were to have a shot, they look the size of a garden hose …

Edited by Gumshoeye

Gumshoeye, 

Staying on topic, three such reports pop into my mind.  Two are older and one was a sighting that sounds like it was of short duration and at a long distance, so I wonder if many of these reports are not errors in observation and inaccuracy in reporting.  

Someone up threat posted the 1898 Connecticut encounter with a 9-foot tall bigfoot who spoke the King's English.  That report is over on Bobbi Short's (RIP) Bigfoot Encounters website if anyone cares to read it.  I have to wonder if the Bigfoot spoke clear English or growled/howled and the witnesses heard "words" because their minds filled in the blanks.  One minor note is that the four witnesses that night do not appear to be the only witnesses - if so, it could be written off as the crazy tale of drunks.  But the estimated weight for the creature (500 lbs) is given by "locals" who had seen the animal on other occasions. 

The Delaware County (NY) horse killer of 1895 was reportedly encountered by a hunting group near a fire; this discovery was the day after it ripped a horse's head off.  As the article was written - Tirademan, also RIP, posted an image of it on page 2 or 3 of the New York incidents thread - it wasn't referred to as a campfire or a cookfire, just that the wildman, the ravaged remains of several pilfered farm animals, and a fire were all at one spot.  Could it be that the wild man chased someone off from their camp and the presence of a wildman and fire was a mere coincidence?

The last incident, which is also from the Bigfoot Encounters website, involves a woman who was driving home with her husband in 2002.  It also occured in Delaware County (NY), perhaps as little as 10 miles away from the 1895 horse-killer.  The witness was a passenger in a car being driven by her husband - she looked out and saw a Bigfoot with a "silver chain around its waist and a silver knife" along a river bank.  Her husband wrote it off as a fisherman.  There is very little information about this encounter, but one has to wonder whether tricks of the light made the witness misidentify what she saw - e.g., a fish being carried head down being mistaken as a knife.

Clubs don't bother me so much - break of a branch or pick up a stick, carry it, and vioia! You have a club. 

Thanks.  I've been around since BFF 1.0 I just can't visit much anymore since moving to Uganda some years back.  I'm only here when visiting The States or when somebody forgets to turn on the cyberfence.

17x7

BTW- "about 163 such incidents"?!?  Sounds pretty precise to me.  ;)

17x 17, It's nice to have you here. Take care, and stay safe over there. :girldance:  :giverose:

Welcome Trogludite, Trog for short?

First things first, Happy Veterans Day and thank you for your service.

Sure, I think it is very possible that a campsite hastily abandoned would be claimed like a squatter. Was it Coonbo and Garrett who spoke campsite be destroyed by angry Bigfoots? But, I am inclined to believe these entity beings are all full of surprises that we do not yet fully understand. Generally speaking, I think you understand that a lot of time we are stalled, choosing to debate whether or not they actually exist, simply for the sake of science or prevailing on some other point.  While we become distracted with things of that sort, we take our eye off the heart of these strange behaviors. I feel not enough time is spent looking at these anomalies of the odd sort i.e. clothes, tools, weapons, fire use, and language.

Would it be a gap to wide to cross if I suppose these masters of ventriloquism had picked up words of speech maybe complete sentences from a time long since past? In one very old news article it was reported a Wildman beast said something to the effect of “Wretched man,†“don’t you know the Queen,†something or another before fleeing. The appearance and its speech caused the man to go into some short term shock upon hearing that. Also, I might add, when you look at the words: “Wretched†and “Queen†together was standard speech of colonial period people not a period ten years or twenty beyond the close of the Civil War around 1865.    

17x17 – Happy Veterans Day to you and thanks for your service …

Bigfoot Abducting Humans

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

A Nootka Indian, and trapper Muchalot Harry, was plying his trade around the Conuma River and had been sleeping when he felt somebody picking him up, bedding and all, and carried him for about three miles by a large Sasquatch like creature. When set down, he found himself surrounded by about 20 of the creatures, both male and female, which he at first thought planned to eat him, as their campsite was littered with large bones. The creatures poked and prodded Harry, seemingly puzzled by his clothing. After a while, they appeared to grow tired of the human curiosity, and many left the camp. Seeing his chance, Harry made a run for it- running right past his own camp to his canoe on the river. He never went trapping in the woods again.

Source: Timeline of a Mysterious Universe

Note: This is reference to a campsite that is not the prospector's camp. Again, there is an obvious interest in the clothes to the point of curiosity.