Bigfoot, Fire, Weapons, Tools And Other Oddities

I think all these oddities detract from the "consistency in sighting" argument and is something that is hard for my mind to reconcile.  Wearing clothes, wearing skins, difference in number of toes/digits, hooded/unhooded nose, claws, fangs, extreme size - these are just a few physical attributes that both have and have not been reported and not even getting into the meta-physical attributes (or lack thereof).

The problem with anything bigfoot is like a jigsaw puzzle that is half connected. Where does consistency and reconciliation fit in?

We simply can't form a good picture of them, and we don't know much about their tool use, attempts at fire, weapons or how tall they can get. The challenge is to find out. Is this a detraction or part of the puzzle? It's a detraction to some.

There are different limits in smallness and tallness that each member will consider realistic. A 15' tall bigfoot may measure 12'............due to a short glimpse, poor light, and excitement. Are the 12 footers rare such as 1 out of a 1000 or nonexistant?   22" foot prints are made by a bigfoot that is 10' tall and 1000 lbs.

My 'theory' is most top out at 9.5' but look 12' tall. We simply need to predict. Seems like it's important to read extreme reports like Gum is posting since if one out of 20 witnesses is correct then we can connect one more dot to this mystery. Reading reports like the ones being posted could be true and rare......................Once we can study bigfoots, like we have done with the Black Bear, we can define bigfoot.....................aren't mysteries fun.

Seems like the metaphysical part is on target.

A person who studies metaphysics is called a metaphysicist[4] or a metaphysician.[5] The metaphysician attempts to clarify the fundamental notions by which people understand the world, e.g., existence, objects and their properties, space and time, cause and effect, and possibility.

Bigfoot Extreme Size

Autmun 1957

Wanoga Butte, Oregon

Two men, Gary Joanis and Jim Newall were out hunting and had just shot a deer. Before they could get to it, a 9 foot tall, hairy creature walked into the clearing, and picked the deer up, carried its off under its arm. Joanis, annoyed about losing his deer, fired several shots with his 30.06 into the creature’s back, but the creature never stopped walking. It made a noise described as “a strange whistling scream.†The creature was about nine feet tall, they said, with extremely long hair on its arms. In late July two years later in Roseburg, Oregon, two boys told state police that they had twice seen a fourteen foot man-like creature in nearby woods.

Source: High Desert Bigfoot, Washington & Strange encounters with beings tha......................

This is not pleasant to read about,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but true and happens more often that most believe.

If you don't need fire, then more of the brain can be devoted to hunting and evasion tactics. You are more adaptable and can survive extreme forest conditions.

Edited by georgerm

Guest Divergent1

"Joanis, annoyed about losing his deer"....and that was the only thought he had about shooting at a nine foot tall creature at the time? Does that sound plausible?

"Joanis, annoyed about losing his deer"....and that was the only thought he had about shooting at a nine foot tall creature at the time? Does that sound plausible

It does. What's you thought on this report?

Chelefoot - Thanks for the link to the Whistling Serenade! I have several old newspaper reports that address "whistle" sounds made by these creatures.

Gumshoeye - I've an old article describing a stone tomahawk being thrown accurately and hitting a man...in fact, I'll go ahead and post it....

From: The Daily Evening Bulletin -   New York, New York  August 2, 1883

MAN OR GORILLA?
                                                                                                     _________
                                                                                   The Extraordinary Character Who is
                                                                                                 Scaring Cannecks.

Ottawa, Ont., Aug.1.  --

Pembroke, about 100 miles north of Ottawa, has a lively sensation in the shape of a wild man eight feet high and covered with hair.  His haunts
 are on Prettis Island, a short distance from the town, and the people are so terrified that no one has dared to venture on the island for several
 weeks Two raftsmen named Toughey and Sallman, armed with weapons, plucked up sufficient courage to scour the woods in hopes of seeing the
monster.

About 8 o'clock in the afternoon, their curiosity was soon rewarded.  He emerged from a thicket having in one hand a tomahawk made of
 stone and in the other a bludgeon. 
His appearance struck such terror to the hearts of the raftsmen that they made tracks for the boat, which was
 moored by the beach.     The giant followed them, uttering demonical yells and gesticulating wildly.   They had barely time to get into the boat and
 pull a short distance out into the stream when he hurled the tomahawk after them, striking Toughey in the arm and fracturing it.

Sallman fired two shots, but neither took effect, the giant retreating hurriedly at the first sound of firearms.  It is more than probable that the townspeople will arrange an expedition to capture, if possible, what Toughey describes as a man who looks like a gorilla, wandering about in a perfectly nude condition, and, with the exception of the face, with a thick growth of black hair.

*************************************************************************************************************************************************

Many reports attest to their ability to  throw or hurl things fairly accurately.....I can only imagine how painful it would be,... being struck so hard that it fractured bone

Reading and studying old reports

Reading and studying old reports and periodicals is everything about finding and fitting the missing pieces, unraveling a maze, demystifying what was previously unknown. To dismiss any opportunity to analyze Bigfoot reports “singular or collectively†is a missed or misunderstood detail that would bring the whole picture into focus or single most important key to the puzzle is wasteful and unproductive.

Thank you WHM, it is refreshing to see like minded people with appreciation for learning and who can recognize the value of archival research!

Thank you George, I appreciate your work too!

Thanks and give thanks to all the Veterans please!

"Joanis, annoyed about losing his deer"....and that was the only thought he had about shooting at a nine foot tall creature at the time? Does that sound plausible?

Well, in the story's defense, it's more plausible than a living creature taking several 30.06 rounds to the back and just walking away.

A 30.06 with even light loads will hog through 3/8" cold rolled steel like it is butter.  Are we to believe a BF's skin is tougher than steel?

That BF's chest would have had several grapefruit sized holes in it.

Good question Cotter, I use to hunt with a 30.06 and that is a large projectile, not the largest or most lethal, but deadly just the same. Maybe somebody more knowledgeable than I can offer up some thought on that.

If the bullets hit their intended mark, it is impossible for a creature that size not to be affected by multiple hits with the .30-06 cartridge.

• Upvote 1

Well, in the story's defense, it's more plausible than a living creature taking several 30.06 rounds to the back and just walking away.

A 30.06 with even light loads will hog through 3/8" cold rolled steel like it is butter.  Are we to believe a BF's skin is tougher than steel?

That BF's chest would have had several grapefruit sized holes in it.

Maybe.

I've watched deer run away after being hit with military ball ammo in 7.62 cal.

That's the problem with ball ammo, it doesn't expand. It will cut through plate steel like butter. But when it hits flesh it simply drills a .308 thousandths hole through it. As oppose to say a hollow point or exposed lead tip. Something that is designed to expand and give you that grapefruit sized hole upon exit.

Bigfoot of Extreme Sizes

Hey WHM, I posted something yesterday about Bigfoot Extreme Sizes, and I place one article on the board that mentioned a 14 foot Sasquatch. In some reading that I did privately encompassing about 2,761 sample reports from across the country I noted, somebody in Ohio reported a 16 foot, and the rest are listed below. In your travels have you come across any mention of beings of extraordinary sizes in either The United State or Canada?

• 16 Foot  â€“ 1
  • 15 Foot  â€“ 1
  • 14 Foot – 1
  • 13 Foot  â€“ None
  • 12 Foot – 22
  • 11 Foot – 18
  • 10 Foot – 100
  • 9 Foot – 292
  • 8 Foot – 1,067
  • 7 Foot – 828
  • 6 Foot – 255
  • 5 Foot – 107