Bigfoot, Fire, Weapons, Tools And Other Oddities

Those who actually gather evidence, have been in the field for a long time, and are respected within the community.

That autocensor is often a royal pain Divergent1.

Guest Divergent1

LOLOL.....yeah it is. This is simply a matter of opinion so don't take it personally.

Not all researchers have had sightings and I would think the witness's would be considered the leading testimony here. Finding tracks, recording sounds, taking blurry pictures without seeing what made them would not make someone an expert in this particular topic. That said, all of it is subjective at the moment.

I'm new here, but I thought this was not considered a resarch forum. I thought it was a place for the exchange of ideas or conclusions based on personal experience or the experiences of others.  Every individual here has a fleeting piece of the puzzle and foregone conclusions without a body is just speculation even from the most devoted bigfoot researcher. The truth always lies somewhere in the middle.

Edited by Divergent1

I don't disagree Divergent1. The most important witnesses in my mind are those who have had a personal experience.

In The Grooming Video thread someone asked me if it turned me into a believer or knower.

Well since it is a video I said a believer.

I think it would be extremely haughty of me to say *knower* as I reserve that moniker for those who have had firsthand experiences. Been following this subject for over 40 years and I have yet to experience a firsthand sighting so I'll reserve the honor of *knower* to those who have.

I guess I would just caution that there are some really smart people who have experienced firsthand sightings that head up research groups.

They are constantly updating their technology and research techniques and some have come up with some pretty good results.

I think The BFF offers a wide range of both talent and expertise within the membership.

IOW's it offers a big tent to all interested in the subject.

I think that is the best format for the majority of the membership to get the most ideas and knowledge from their counterparts.

I agree, sans a body, the truth lies in the middle if the goal is to document the species.

For those who have witnessed it, they know what they saw.

Edited by HRPuffnstuff

I've been reading the message board and while everyone has brought up some good arguments I think its important to remember how diverse and constantly shifting our views are. If I am understanding what I just read there is a house of cards feeling by the majority that if you capitulate, cave-in, or conform to the majority line of belief's you're not a leading researcher?  Who cares? Does it matter, no. In this game there is no seniority, there are no awards to be won and finish line to cross.

Right or wrong, it doesn't exactly feel appealing to me or particularly inviting and dare I say welcoming, if they (people) are made to pay their dues (in field work with inferred title) in order to measure up to somebody's idea of a silly standard. I think provocative discussion is great even when there is no agreement, but there are boundaries.

In so far as bigfoot beings wearing some type clothing apparel, I not only find some amusement with the idea, (how can you not) don't you? I believe its very plausible! Now, I am basing my claim on details and information that I have read, its convincing. Many of these accounts are old and I wasn't there neither was anybody else on this forum... if there were let me know, that may be another thread subject ... but nobody has presented old accounts saying they were not either.  

Spaceships, cigarettes, trains .... I agree that its a bit outrageous but good researchers will recall one instance of them eating some chewing tobacco .... Can't say if it was Beechnut or Copenhagen, but if we are to believe these stories then that is one case involving tobacco.  

Finally, anyone on this forum that is capable of reading and at least typing are also capable of seeing clownish shills and charlatan's in the Bigfoot community too! The day that I am told I cannot believe something because it doesn't quite conform with somebody else's notion of how the world turns is the day we part friendship as gentlemen, nothing gained, nothing lost ....  

Divergent 1 - My gosh, its hard to you take for serious with that photo of Granny come now .... Lol 

HRP - I like your style my friend, keep it real and reply often.

Edited by Gumshoeye

I have really enjoyed this thread, Gumshoeye,....and I appreciate YOUR style, as well! You've kept it very interesting with your input and mixing in the accounts, and multiple topics which are all closely related.....thanks!   HWM

I've enjoyed your posts as well gumshoeye.

You appear to be a really good guy and one that puts a lot of thought in before posting.

Still wish I could get you to join the Premium Membership Plan.

You are right, the forum changes and views change over time.

I'm also no longer convinced where the majority lies. I do know a few years ago that the majority seemed to frown upon extraordinary claims or those of high strangeness.

Unfortunately we do have charlatans in our community. I guess that is just the price paid when trying to promote the existence of an undocumented species.

I've learned a lot over the last couple of years and my position is no longer one in which I'm perpetually residing on the fence.

I do get a bit concerned if the subject will ever be taken seriously with extraordinary claims.

The most frustrating thing about this community is that we often shoot ourselves in the foot.

If you want to compare our looking at other animals or Sasquatch you have to be even on both sides. If you were to step outside and look at humans the way we are looking at Sasquatch then All humans can shoot an aspirin out of the air with either a bow or a gun. All humans can stick 3 of their fingers thru the shell of a coconut. All humans can perform any of the feats in the Guinness world book of records. We all cannot do these things, but some of us can and have been "documented" doing them. Their are a lot of WOO things proposed that humans can do that are not documented. The descriptions of feats that Sasquatch do I think fits along this same lines, some of them may be able to do some fantastic feats just like humans are capable of doing compared to the rest of the population. But the majority of their "doings" will be found along that fat part of the bell curve.    I also believe if a researcher actually gets to a point where they are spending a good deal of time actually with Sasquatch physically around them (not getting evidence of where they have been but are not there at the time), the researchers should be ready for some levels of strangeness.

Edited by David NC

HPR - You're a good ole boy I can tell ... Hey my friend, I'm just trying to keep it angular ... You should hear me complain about the heat and humidity, the mosquitos and flies when I am on hike! You know there is nothing greater than sitting around shaking hands, stomping the dirt, laughing and telling stories with good people!

HRP HWM and David NC  -  As always you guys are exceptional! Thank you for the kind words, I'm truly humbled. Its always righteous to be acknowledged, but please stop with the praises ... I am just a humble man, just grateful for everything I have and do not have. It pleases me more to be accepted and a part of your company for the time being. If truth be told, I should be thanking you for lending me your eyes and ears ....     

Edited by Gumshoeye

HPR - You're a good ole boy I can tell ... Hey my friend, I'm just trying to keep it angular ... You should hear me complain about the heat and humidity, the mosquitos and flies when I am on hike! You know there is nothing greater than sitting around shaking hands, stomping the dirt, laughing and telling stories with good people!

I would agree that nothing is better than sitting around a campfire and shaking hands and sharing stories with good people.

The finest people I have ever met reside here.

I love this subject, forum, and the membership.

I'm not a fan of the skeeters or flies either.

HRP - Some of the best stories unravel undercover of darkness and under warm skies .... sitting around a fire with a bunch guys ... with some seasoned applewood or hickory burning, doesn't matter life doesn't get much better. While I carrying my memories on my sleeve, it reminds me of my best friends who I use to hunt and fish with all the time. Ice fishing in the winter or fishing from the banks in the summer, it didn't matter. One an attorney and the other a union organizer with opposing "P" views but I loved the guys to death .... Many times good times spent fishing and playing chess under the light of the old gas lantern laughing, telling stories, just wolfing at each other .... one of them was my riding partner and seen some things that left him upset or ill, and I would humor him and make him laugh.  

Then one summer him and another friend of mine passed on Wow! What a blow to me ... It left me heart struck. I am not kidding. I use to write little vignette's stories like a diary, it was my way of dealing with the stress of the job. I figured I can leave it for my kids someday. Anyways I wrote this short story of my memories of those guys and gave it to their kids to have and read.

I remember CL's thread earlier this morning and it caused me to think about this also. When you meet good and honorable people, you need to value them for more gold, because they are a rarity these days. I think we (we in general, not you in particular) tend to get wrapped in our own busy lives and forget, friendships are forever even if just in memory.   

Well thanks for sharing and I am sorry for your loss.

Trust me, given my dads current situation I am all too keen about how things can go badly.

I've been fortunate to have him as long as I have and my heart breaks at hearing from some members who lost their parent much earlier.

Never done any ice fishing in Georgia as we do not have ice here. Always wanted to do so.

You are a good guy friend, and I'm sure your friends realize your efforts at honoring them. Surround yourself with good and honorable people and they will never steer you wrong.

It also helps to have some good food.

Nothing beats a warm fire with friends and good food. Just sitting around the fire and shooting the crap.

Memories are made there.

Edited by HRPuffnstuff

HRP - It happens and you let it go, and move on .... by doing so you give another something to emulate ... to learn from. Good discussion !