New Member Introductions

WV FOOTER

Hi from CA currently a college student and been researching Bigfoot since I was in high school. Excited to learn as much as I can here For some new adventures. 

• Upvote 1
On 7/8/2022 at 8:23 PM, Dave said:

Hello!  I'm Dave and do the tech stuff for a growing YouTube channel on the subject.

I'm in the lower 48 and have never had an encounter.  I've become very engulfed in this topic, originating from the missing persons angle to now being certain these things exist beyond any reasonable doubt.

There's so much on this topic, but I'm hitting somewhat of a "plateau" with all the stuff that's pretty much common knowledge and looking to punch through.  I don't have anyone really into the topic in my personal life, so this seems like a good place to kick it.

I'm not really into the video, but the audio stuff really fascinates me, as does the DNA side of things, of which I'm really looking forward to learning more.

For the record, I know nothing about anything scientific on this topic, so I'll be more of a question-asker and injecting unfounded opinion in areas where common sense and deductive reasoning can allow me to participate.

Welcome, Dave. With the audio and DNA, you've hit on a couple of the things I find most interesting to look at scientifically. Beware that there is a TON of misinformation out there with regard to each. I'm one of the few university faculty who openly looks at and teaches in this area. I'm currently working with colleagues on a genetics study of potentially anomalous physical samples, as well as envisioning a large scale audio study. I'm happy to point you in the direction of good info.

11 hours ago, Darby Orcutt said:

Welcome, Dave. With the audio and DNA, you've hit on a couple of the things I find most interesting to look at scientifically. Beware that there is a TON of misinformation out there with regard to each. I'm one of the few university faculty who openly looks at and teaches in this area. I'm currently working with colleagues on a genetics study of potentially anomalous physical samples, as well as envisioning a large scale audio study. I'm happy to point you in the direction of good info.

No doubt, I'm sure the misinformation is thick out there, so I usually let it filter through others and folks like yourself before I bite down on it.  If you're posting about the stuff you're working on and a simpleton like myself can follow, I love to be in the loop.

Hi everybody! I'm from Canada, and I was first introduced to the existence of Sasquatch on a trip to British Columbia. I've never had an experience, but I'm convinced that bigfoot is alive and well in my home province of Ontario. I am looking forward to learning from all of you and hopefully making new friends while I'm at it! 

• Upvote 1

Hello everybody. My name is Shawn and this mystery has been my passion for 34 years. I love camping and hiking with my best buddy, my dog, Dave. I am a rather shy person but i do love talking sasquatch lore.

Take care,

-shawn

• Upvote 1

Hi,I'm from NJ.I've never had a sighting or seen footprints.I am in the woods and outdoors alot and I'm just interested in bigfoot.I look forward to reading all the info here,it's amazing.

• Upvote 1

Hello from Corpus Christi Tx.  been researching Bigfoot since 2007 and have been blessed as I have seen 15 and been close to well over 50 more based on tree knocks, hoots, grunts, scream, rock thrown etc.  In time I will be posting a lot of information about what has worked for me.  If what I post sounds reasonable then by all means incorporate into your research.  It is not always easy as I went for over 8 years and only saw one Bigfoot.  The land around me is flat farmland, but I have found the creatures where there are creeks that never go dry, and I have about 4 rivers I spend a lot of time on.  I am not secretative about where I have sightings, so if you want to go where I report feel free to do so.  I do take guest and there is no charge, but they bring their own sleeping gear, food, and drink.  I have plenty of equipment and you are welcome to borrow it for the night if you don't have any.

• Upvote 1