The "How To Hunt" Channel and Sasquatch Commentary

WSA

BFF Patron
6 hours ago, starchunk said:

There's nothing especially implausible about infrasound, I dont feel it belongs in the same category as the cloaking, mindspeaky nonsense of the woo crowd. Whales, bats, etc are real world examples of mammals that can use sound in some way above and beyond the norm.

I have to agree with you on that.      I have always been more comfortable with something in nature that I can point to as a possible explanation.   Cloaking is in its infancy in military development,   but has is used by animals to blend into their environment.    Octopus are very good at using it.   Fading in or out of the universe is unknown in nature except for sub atomic particles.       I think infrasound is commonly used by BF.   We have many reports (including my own) of people feeling fear or dread and wanting to get away from an area.   Military and university tests of infrasound have demonstrated that as one human reaction to certain infrasound frequencies.     My theory is that BF uses it when they are caught in the open and do not have cover to withdraw.   So their solution is to produce infrasound and get the human to leave.   

If one sees sasquatches as the largest human species, their use of infrasound can be considered normal when one realizes that the largest cats use it, not to mention other huge species like whales and elephants using it. 

BFF Patron

I had a discussion with a Washington university PHD biologist about infrasound.  I never mentioned bigfoot.    Asking him if any North American animals use infrasound because I recorded it out in the woods.    He was interested but not enough to continue contact with me.     I was hoping that some grad student would need a project and look into it.   The reality of it is that some may and science simply is not aware of it because infrasound detection gear is not commonly deployed in the woods.   I can see a large bear using it.   I suppose I should go to a zoo and conduct some testing.   

1 hour ago, SWWASAS said:

I have to agree with you on that.      I have always been more comfortable with something in nature that I can point to as a possible explanation.   Cloaking is in its infancy in military development,   but has is used by animals to blend into their environment.    Octopus are very good at using it.   Fading in or out of the universe is unknown in nature except for sub atomic particles.       I think infrasound is commonly used by BF.   We have many reports (including my own) of people feeling fear or dread and wanting to get away from an area.   Military and university tests of infrasound have demonstrated that as one human reaction to certain infrasound frequencies.     My theory is that BF uses it when they are caught in the open and do not have cover to withdraw.   So their solution is to produce infrasound and get the human to leave.   

Animal camouflage is easily just their natural coloration, the cloaking/portal crap to me is just that. Infrasound though: Whales and Dolphins use sound in many weird ways, as do Bats, they see and hear fine, but use sound for echo location and the like. The precedent exist in nature already.

I’m wondering how BF would create infrasound,   Elephants make sense due to their massive size, I read it has to do with vibrating their vocal chords. I believe when tigers use infrasound it’s part of a loud roar, it’s not a silent act from my understanding. 

SW, was there a loud noise associated with your occurrence?  I can’t recall from the last time I read your take on it.  

BFF Patron

The only audible noise during the event was items in my back pack vibrating against each other.    As I have mentioned a tambourine could be a poor mans infrasound detector.    It would jingle as each pressure wave passed.   That is evident on the digital recording.  However I felt a strong vibration and pain in my gut.   That pain persisted into the next day.    I discussed the event with Meldrum and he told me that gorillas and other large apes make stuttering release of air that is nearly infrasound in frequency from their airway.    I suspect elephants do the same thing.        If you look at the wave forms it is a series of arriving pressure waves in the infrasound frequency.   A positive pressure wave pulse, followed by a negative pressure wave, then a slight positive overbounce that is barely above background noise levels.        It is not a sinusoidal sound with a continuous wave form.      The closest thing that humans could make is a deep belch from the back of the throat but that is obviously in the audible range.    Another example would be a machine gun firing in the infrasound range if that is possible.   I measured 4.33 HZ ramping up to above 15 HZ then it dropped off to about 13 HZ.       Here is the wave form.   In the center of the picture is one arriving pressure wave.   The other variations on each side of it is outdoor background noise.    Using Sonic Visualizer, which breaks up sound into .001 second intervals,  I was able expand the x and y values of the trace to measure the time between pulse peaks and determine the frequency.      Other audio graphics software barely showed it at all because it is well below the frequency that the digital recorder is designed to operate at.   I nearly missed it completely until forum member,   MIB,   asked me if I had looked for harmonics.   That got me looking at the trace and I saw tiny ticks that looked like the about the right frequency.    I had to obtain Sonic Visualizer to allow me  to analyze the wave forms.   

IMG_0137.JPG

Edited by SWWASAS

5 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

........I can see a large bear using it.......

Funny you mention that........I've thought about it because of this discussion.

Frankly, I doubt it (simply because it hasn't yet been widely discussed), but it might certainly be true. Just yesterday I saw a video of brown bears confronting, it is exactly what I've been told happens, and it matches what I've experienced regarding the body language of bears. They might very well use infrasound to communicate to each other, though. I've watched bears from a stand and known from their behavior that other bears were around. I'm pretty sure it was sound or scent based, but I'm not in either winner's circle.

BFF Patron

I am curious enough that I may go monitor some bears to see if they produce it.     It would be good to test in some sort of more natural environment than a zoo.    Bears are confrontational to each other so the most likely place that they would use infrasound would be such confrontations.    

Was that bear confrontational video in a digital format?      If it had sound, if the recording microphones were good enough, perhaps there might be infrasound in the sound track.    Without graphics software you really cannot tell by listening.    Would be really strange to be researching bigfoot and discover something about bears.    That is how science works sometimes.    Perhaps bigfoot became aware that bears produce it and started using it themselves?     The large lung capacity of a bigfoot likely allows them to feel it in their lungs which are like a big bass drum.    As I have mentioned,  after I was zapped and knew what to look for,   I started looking at audio recordings when I think BF were present, and in some detected single pings of pressure waves passing.     That makes me wonder if BF emit the pings now and then to allow other BF in the area to know they are around.  Since infrasound is not directional,   it would not be like sonar,  but would simply alert other BF they were present.   I say that infrasound is not directional for two reasons,   literature describing it describe it as not being able to determine the direction of the source,    and my own experience when I was zapped, was that the direction of the origin was not obvious, and seemed to originate from the buzzing in my gut.    You feel it rather than hear it.    Which is exactly like the subwoofers in a movie theatre do to you.    

On 12/19/2019 at 7:45 AM, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Quite honestly, I love his channel.

Not only has he stepped on the toes of those who think that the Bigfoot community is their own personal fiefdom, he has been willing to weather a great deal of abuse from the hunting community as well.  This has to have hurt his credibility in the hunting world, but he seems to be the sort of guy who doesn't shy away from conflict.  

It's kind of early to tell, but if he sticks to his stated purpose of trying to give a voice to those who have kind of felt put off by prominent figures in Bigfoot research...he is ok by me.

One of the things that bother me about this field is the self aggrandizement that takes over.  The focus becomes on those who take part in the subject, as opposed to the subject itself.  

The weird little Bigfoot cults of personality that crop up weird me out.  If he is going to start slaughtering some sacred cows... I'm all for it.  

We have been debating the finer points of Bigfoot trivia ad nauseum for decades.  If arguing over what color shirt John Green wore on case #43758 was going to solve this mystery, it would have happened years ago.  Let's flip the table over and reset the game board.  

I think that Steve is going to do that to a small degree.  

Steve has been on the huntingbc forum for over a decade, he hasn't received much flak from hunters on there (yes some but not a great deal)

He has also been abusive via pm to researchers that question him.

I have seen some of them, and imho he way overreacted to some reasonable questions.

After his pm's those same researchers went open season on him

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, MagniAesir said:

Steve has been on the huntingbc forum for over a decade, he hasn't received much flak from hunters on there (yes some but not a great deal)

He has also been abusive via pm to researchers that question him.

I have seen some of them, and imho he way overreacted to some reasonable questions.

After his pm's those same researchers went open season on him

If you read the whole thread, you will see that my opinion on him has changed over time.

BFF Patron

Thanks  Hunster.     Looks like a good rainy day project.     I figure if I play the video on my home theatre with the subwoofer and record an audio file,   I might possibly get some infrasound if they produce anything.   Entirely more likely that something might be lost in the process due to low frequency limitations.      I did notice that the audio track of the video you linked had interesting crackles in it.     Could have been wind noise or could have been infrasound over driving the microphones or rattling something near the camera.      As I have mentioned the only audio sound that I can hear with my ears on my recording is stuff in my pack rattling together as if it is being vibrated.     Had I not felt it in my gut I would have missed the phenomena completely and just assumed I had some sort if irrational fear.  

24 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

Thanks  Hunster.     Looks like a good rainy day project........

I'm curious to hear if you detect any infrasound.

The video is just filled with bear body language and posturing. It's all very different from what a human can expect from a brown bear if he/she knows you're human.

8 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

If you read the whole thread, you will see that my opinion on him has changed over time.

No

I didn't read the whole thread 

Thanks

On 1/2/2020 at 2:07 PM, BobbyO said:

I thought he seemed pretty straight talking to me ever since he first "appeared" on the Sasquatch scene a few months back. When I checked out who he was and how he earns his living, I was amazed that he "came out" like he did because he's putting a lot on the line coming clean regarding this subject and although he says he doesn't give a xxxx, he would had it hurt his pocket.

I like him !

As I said, on another post he is only new to guys like you (sasquatch researchers)

He has been beating this drum for well over a decade on the BC hunting forum.

Although he seems to have ramped thing up a few notches over the last few months.

His belief or non-belief in sasquatch wouldn't make any difference to the vast majority of people looking for a guide, and most foreign hunters booking a guide have probably never seen his videos.

Since BC banned the grizzly hunt, his services as a guide would have dropped and I would bet he is making up some of that lost revenue through his YouTube videos

• Upvote 2