The "How To Hunt" Channel and Sasquatch Commentary

WSA

On 2/19/2020 at 10:55 PM, norseman said:

Practice, practice, practice.

You can pack a lever gun or shot gun up there. It’s a **** cheap insurance policy versus being eaten feet first.

It depends on the province.

Here in BC I can, however that is not the case in other provinces.

So provinces use hunting regulations to prohibit the carrying of firearms at different times of year or day, or even who can carry them

On 2/20/2020 at 8:36 AM, BlackRockBigfoot said:

It's been said before, but a firearm is like a fire extinguisher.  You may never need it, but if and when you do you REALLY need it.  

Even if you subscribe to the idea that Sasquatch is friendly or harmless...your fellow man is capable of shocking acts of unprovoked evil.  Most of the people who are out in the woods are just enjoying nature, but there's always a chance that you could come across someone who is out in the woods for a more sinister purpose.

Like Hunster and Norseman said, don't look at practicing with a firearm as a chore...but rather as an enjoyable and exciting past time.

ETA.

If size, weight, or appearance are what is holding you back from carrying a firearm in the woods, I believe that the Mossberg Shockwave is currently legal in Canada.  Might be worth looking into.

I sometimes carry a 44mag ranch hand with a full stock, we can also carry shotguns with an 8 inch barreĺ. Of course you have to have a PAL but that really isn't hard for most people to bet

• Thanks 1

On 3/22/2020 at 5:39 PM, MagniAesir said:

No

I didn't read the whole thread 

Thanks

As I said, on another post he is only new to guys like you (sasquatch researchers)

He has been beating this drum for well over a decade on the BC hunting forum.

Although he seems to have ramped thing up a few notches over the last few months.

His belief or non-belief in sasquatch wouldn't make any difference to the vast majority of people looking for a guide, and most foreign hunters booking a guide have probably never seen his videos.

Since BC banned the grizzly hunt, his services as a guide would have dropped and I would bet he is making up some of that lost revenue through his YouTube videos

Interesting.

He has openly posted about Bigfoot on the hunting forum?

BFF Patron
On 3/22/2020 at 11:44 AM, Huntster said:

I'm curious to hear if you detect any infrasound.

The video is just filled with bear body language and posturing. It's all very different from what a human can expect from a brown bear if he/she knows you're human.

I did notice that the bears seemed to spurt saliva as if they are expelling large quantities of air but I hear nothing in the way of sound on the video when they do that.   Have yet to process the audio but will get to it eventually.   

• 2 weeks later...

Steve recently posted a video with photos of some kind of a canid  skull. The location of where it was found, and who found it was not disclosed. He was as cagey as ever about what significance this find might have on the topic of BF. Possibly a related species...The dread Dogman? He didn’t say. The foramen location indicates it was from a quadruped though.  The immediate response from many of the  commenters to the video was that the skull closely resembles one from a large domestic dog, probably a St. Bernard or a Bull Mastiff. Have to admit I agree. Hate to see him pulled off on this tangent and burn credibility with this kind of grandstanding. He has committed to having DNA from the skull sequenced. We shall see. 

20 hours ago, WSA said:

Steve recently posted a video with photos of some kind of a canid  skull. The location of where it was found, and who found it was not disclosed. He was as cagey as ever about what significance this find might have on the topic of BF. Possibly a related species...The dread Dogman? He didn’t say. The foramen location indicates it was from a quadruped though.  The immediate response from many of the  commenters to the video was that the skull closely resembles one from a large domestic dog, probably a St. Bernard or a Bull Mastiff. Have to admit I agree. Hate to see him pulled off on this tangent and burn credibility with this kind of grandstanding. He has committed to having DNA from the skull sequenced. We shall see. 

I haven't done much over the past few weeks but work, but my workload is slowly normalizing so I am playing catch-up with the Bigfoot field.  

I saw his videos on the skull last night when they popped up on the suggestions on YouTube.  

I can appreciated that he is willing to put any evidence that he comes across out into the public eye, but the constant refrain that he doesn't have the time or even the interest to do even the slightest bit of investigation into any evidence that he shares gets a bit old.  If you are so busy and uninterested, then why even bother with the subject?  A good drinking game could be developed around his videos and the phrase "I don't care".  

One his latest video he mentions that he has been contacted by some of his viewers about the possibility that it is a large dog skull.  His comment about not being familiar with large domesticated dog skulls makes sense.  I had to look up what a St Bernard's skull looked like.  

He also said that he wants to get measurements of the skull, along with pictures of a known object alongside for scale.  

After looking up large dog skulls online, my hunch is that it will end up being exactly that...  Attached are a couple of pictures of St Bernard's skulls that seem very similar.

b646829ce11a1a2a108acec72e942d99.jpg

unnamed (1).jpg

Have to agree as well.  I admire Steve’s face-first approach to life in general, but he for sure has an “eat my cake and have it too” stance on this topic. 

Latest HTH video  seems to show he is backing off his position that the canid skull is from a cryptid. For the sake of his continued credibility I hope he is able to admit it if the science doesn’t back it up. Too often in this field people go out on limbs and when objective proof contradicts those positions you never hear a retraction. Take your lumps if you are wrong and everybody will respect you all the more. I’ll be curious to know how he handles this, if so. It will tell me more about his intentions and integrity than almost anything else I could name. 

3 hours ago, WSA said:

Latest HTH video  seems to show he is backing off his position that the canid skull is from a cryptid. For the sake of his continued credibility I hope he is able to admit it if the science doesn’t back it up. Too often in this field people go out on limbs and when objective proof contradicts those positions you never hear a retraction. Take your lumps if you are wrong and everybody will respect you all the more. I’ll be curious to know how he handles this, if so. It will tell me more about his intentions and integrity than almost anything else I could name. 

it wasn't dogman because there is no dogman.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

SSR Team

Video from yesterday, and I quote.

"John Green is (was?) a lying b*stard and a pr*ck." and laughed whilst delivering it.

Then goes on to say "I'm just the messenger and I have better things to do in life than stand here and make up b*llsh*t".

I don't know John Green, never did, but talking of the dead like that doesn't sit well with me personally, that's not the way to be.

Oh well, I guess it takes all sorts to make a world.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, BobbyO said:

Yup. Thinking this fellow could walk beneath a rattlesnake wearing a top hat with clearance to spare.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BobbyO said:

"John Green is (was?) a lying b*stard and a pr*ck." and laughed whilst delivering it.

Then goes on to say "I'm just the messenger and I have better things to do in life than stand here and make up b*llsh*t".

I don't know John Green, never did, but talking of the dead like that doesn't sit well with me personally, that's not the way to be.

Like I mentioned before, this constant refrain of "I am too busy for _______" has gotten old.  

The rate that he puts out videos shows that he certainly has time on his hands.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BobbyO said:

Oh well, I guess it takes all sorts to make a world..........

Thanks, Bobby. I watched the video to make sure that he wasn't reading that from an email he had received. Nope. Those are his words.

I also never met John Green, but I'm pretty confident in who he was and what he was made of.

I now believe I know who Isdahl is and what he's made of...........

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Thanks, Bobby. I watched the video to make sure that he wasn't reading that from an email he had received. Nope. Those are his words.

I also never met John Green, but I'm pretty confident in who he was and what he was made of.

I now believe I know who Isdahl is and what he's made of...........

Even if you disagree with John Green in every way, shape, or form; I have never seen or heard of any behavior on his part that would justify calling him a b*stard or a pr*ck. 

Isdahl's whole schtick seems to be standing up for those who have been ridiculed, insulted, and belittled...and he is going to accomplish this by ridiculing, insulting, and belittling people...

Oh, and he is going to champion these downtrodden masses and open up the Saquatch field, but he really doesn't have the time or inclination to do anything other than post a 20 minute attack video every other day.

Got it.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

BFF Patron
4 hours ago, BobbyO said:

If John Green was as he described, he never would have left us a free and valid database to describe Sasquatch behavior.  Reminds me of the Lloyd Bentsen quote about Dan Quayle:  Isdahl does not know the true Green

On 4/9/2020 at 10:48 AM, starchunk said:

it wasn't dogman because there is no dogman.

Or rather if there is a dogman the foramen magnum doesn't exit horizontally from the skull base

Edited by bipedalist
  • Like 1