Knife Thread...It's about time.

Kiwakwe

1 hour ago, Kiwakwe said:

I've a CRKT that I posted on the 1st page I think. It has a liner lock with a knob (in the "serrated" detent for thumb) that rotates to keep the liner from slipping out of position. It seems like a good design--at least a step above standard liner. I was impressed but I'm not that knowledgeable about locking systems. I just use fixed when I want uber reliability. I'll have to give the CS folders a look before they may be corrupted/compromised.

That's called the Auto-Lawks or something like that...  I had one for awhile.  Much better than a normal liner lock.

Fixed blades on my waist get in the way of pack belts...so sometimes I will go with a large Triad lock folder.  

• Like 1

And my latest addition to the collection is this Fox Knives 479 folding Karambit, strictly because it's cool. The Emerson Wave feature opens the blade as it is drawn from the pocket making it faster to deploy than a switchblade.

20201218_192804.jpg

• Like 2

21 hours ago, NorthWind said:

And my latest addition to the collection is this Fox Knives 479 folding Karambit, strictly because it's cool. The Emerson Wave feature opens the blade as it is drawn from the pocket making it faster to deploy than a switchblade.

20201218_192804.jpg

That's a John Wick knife. Doing some street fighting with that thing?

It wouldn't be the first time. 

But mainly I just wanted one for the collection, not the field. I do enjoy kali though, and the flow of it. It's good for flexibility, timing, and getting the blood flowing a little, and it's not as silly looking as yoga. 

Found this the other night while walking my dog before bed. Some homeless dude is undoubtedly missing this (lots of homeless use the walking path near my home). Mine now. Need to buy a sheath, then it'll go with the camping gear in my truck. Blade is about 10 inches, and sharp. Nice.

20201228_084923.jpg

Edited by Madison5716

Hey, Madison, I'm glad you found it on the ground, and not in some nut jobs hand, being brandished at you! There are some real out of control cases out there, we have them here in my relatively small city of Abbotsford.

It's a nice addition to the camping gear. I have a brush hook in my truck, about half again as large as that, and it can handle some fair size branches.

1 hour ago, Madison5716 said:

Found this the other night while walking my dog before bed. Some homeless dude is undoubtedly missing this (lots of homeless use the walking path near my home). Mine now. Need to buy a sheath, then it'll go with the camping gear in my truck. Blade is about 10 inches, and sharp. Nice.

20201228_084923.jpg

Note to self...

Don't walk dog on paths frequented by machete wielding homeless guys.

Well, yeah, but that's where I live. So. Better that I have it than whomever owned it previously!

FWIW I always carry mace and I walk a big black dog. No one's bothered me. And old doggo is NOT doing well. Might not have to walk late at night for too long now. He's had trouble keeping his back legs under him lately and he's had five accidents over the last four days :(  He's deaf and going blind and nearly 13. I just hope he makes it til I get my tax return so I can have him cremated and he can go on the shelf with the other two pets :(

Edited by Madison5716
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Madison5716 said:

Well, yeah, but that's where I live. So. Better that I have it than whomever owned it previously!

FWIW I always carry mace and I walk a big black dog. No one's bothered me. And old doggo is NOT doing well. Might not have to walk late at night for too long now. He's had trouble keeping his back legs under him lately and he's had five accidents over the last four days :(  He's deaf and going blind and nearly 13. I just hope he makes it til I get my tax return so I can have him cremated and he can go on the shelf with the other two pets :(

I am sorry to hear that.

We had to put our dog down the day after Christmas last year, so I know how you feel.

Edited by BlackRockBigfoot

Yeah, this part sucks. I put my old cat down last year on January 17; now it looks like old dog's time :(  I'm sorry for your loss, too!