Is Anyone Feeling Closer To Sasquatch Discovery?

hiflier

3 minutes ago, norseman said:

Logging is way down on the National Forest for the last 30 years. Species are making a comeback. Lynx, Wolf, Grizzly Bear. I think you are being too pessimistic.

As for your experiences? It’s cool. Awesome. You sound like a person that doesn’t need to prove anything to anyone. That’s entirely your prerogative!

Take care!

I found this as a good explanation. 

1 minute ago, Wooly Booger said:

Government coverup more than likely...

Regarding the fact that no know primate is capable of using infrasound, the key word there is "known" primate.  There is always a first time for everything.  Remember the platypus.  British explorers brought back tales of an egg laying mammal with a bird-like bill that swims like a fish.  Most scientists and most of the educated public thought they were crazy....

How about recent sightings of the Tasmanian Tiger

19 minutes ago, xdivision said:

Theres the "expert" dispelling not believing comment right there.

Huh? I'm confused, seriously. No offense, but you're not making any sense.

6 minutes ago, xdivision said:

I found this as a good explanation. 

Steve Isdahl is Canadian. Because the US has shut down much of our national forests? Canada has ramped up logging to meet the demand. Our road systems are largely being gated and left to go back to nature. (Willows, deep snow)

Two states have taken Wolves off the endangered species list in the US. They are growing.

16 minutes ago, Rockape said:

Huh? I'm confused, seriously. No offense, but you're not making any sense.

No worries you made a comment that I was considering myself an expert and I said no I am relaying my experiences only. I've have way more questions by what I've seen than answers and that's what drives me. I'm just not a researcher. Far from it. I just do my thing if they show up they show up if they don't they don't. Either way. No worries man I'd rather see this community thrive then destroy itself and it is slowly doing that everywhere you look. Cheers 🤙🏽

Edited by xdivision
Spelling again

11 minutes ago, norseman said:

Steve Isdahl is Canadian. Because the US has shut down much of our national forests? Canada has ramped up logging to meet the demand. Our road systems are largely being gated and left to go back to nature. (Willows, deep snow)

Two states have taken Wolves off the endangered species list in the US. They are growing.

I agree but the same problem is happening in Wyoming. I have a buddy who lives there and he tells me all about it every time I talk to him. We're all hunters so I understand the dilemma of having less elk less deer in the woods because of wolves and whatever other predation that's going on but humans are the root cause of all the problems of wildlife whether it be logging or encroachment for residential growth it still impacts the areas of these things happen. I think I'm preaching to the choir so I'll stop.

I live in California it is the most miss handled wildlife environment I've ever seen. It's such a joke out here that I don't waste my time hunting here or anywhere else for that matter. I have had more coyote encounters in my own town and I live pretty close to the city.

Edited by xdivision

3 minutes ago, xdivision said:

No worries you made a comment that I was considering myself an expert and I said no

I never said you were considering yourself an expert, I asked if you were.

Norse made this post replying to your question "What is a Sasquatch expert".

1) There is no such thing. We are all grasping for straws.

Your reply "Ive been up close and personal with these beings but I will not try to convince anyone otherwise" was confusing and I merely asked a question to clarify what you were saying. It didn't make sense to me, just as your reply to my question. But whatever, no big deal, no worries.

55 minutes ago, Wooly Booger said:

Government coverup more than likely...

Sure, we could talk about that a bit. I'll even toss in my own experiences with it. But first off, Sasquatch is an unrecognized species. Picking that phrase apart could be somewhat revealing. The creature isn't recognized by any F&W agency in any of the 50 US states and probably Canada, too. But does "unrecognized" technically mean non-existent? I think not. "Unrecognized" is a slippery more or less blanket term used as an official neither confirm nor deny posture. I actually contacted my F&W agency and asked point blank if the Sasquatch exists or not. Anyone try that? I highly recommend it. It may take a while to get to talk to anyone in any kind of position beyond a secretary, but persistence in my case paid off. A call was set up between me and a regional state biologist and we spoke at some length.

After asking my point blank existence question a couple of times I sort of got an answer: "We're not sure they don't exist." It actually surprised me in a way to hear that, but in retrospect, the response in fact stating the scientific null hypothesis. Some years before this I had asked a low level (I think) Bureau of Parks and Lands official if he was ALLOWED to talk about Sasuatch and his immediate response was, "There ain't none." So I have been on the quest of finding out the official truth ever since.

But the conversation with the biologist did include the fact that the Bigfoot is unrecognized by any state wildlife agency, though. I've thought a lot about that kind of wording. At least he didn't immediately come out and say, "There ain't none." It's these kinds of steps that I take (completely without feer of reprisal) that I take to help get me closer to my goal of scientific verification.

Edited by hiflier

8 minutes ago, xdivision said:

I agree but the same problem is happening in Wyoming. I have a buddy who lives there and he tells me all about it every time I talk to him. We're all hunters so I understand the dilemma of having less elk less deer in the woods because of wolves and whatever other predation that's going on but humans are the root cause of all the problems of wildlife whether it be logging or encroachment for residential growth it still impacts the areas of these things happen. I think I'm preaching to the choir so I'll stop.

I live in California it is the most miss handled wildlife environment I've ever seen. It's such a joke out here that I don't waste my time hunting here or anywhere else for that matter. I have had more coyote encounters in my own town and I live pretty close to the city.

You know what makes logging and urban sprawl slow to a crawl? Like a spotted owl? But bigger, hairier with a BIG foot? 😉

No matter if it’s a tree farm or a strip mall? Private ground is private ground. But public ground? Bigfoot would have a massive impact with managing public ground.

1 hour ago, xdivision said:

So being the new guy here and could care less what anyone thinks I have a few questions. Please don't take these inquiries with any emotion. They are just words. 

1. What is a Sasquatch "expert"?

2. Who can talk about Sasquatch behavior if they've never seen one?

3. Has anyone ever examined the actual foundation of this so-called "Bigfoot community"?

4. Why is there a desire or the field to need to prove anything to the public?

5. Human beings have come up with the tree knocking, whooping and other stimuli to these beings but is it is it really valid?

6. The Sasquatch is a people and yet Humans seem to think they are an animal or an ape like species that is below the human race. Why is that?

7. Lastly why are the personal attacks? I understand the bad blood but this unity call that I am reading notches here but everywhere in this community specifically starts with people realizing they don't know jack **** about these beings.

You question what is a Sasquatch expert (as do I), but then tell us the creatures are human and that you've had more "experience" than others seeking such for 20 years. There seems to be a dichotomy going on. Help me understand.

10 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Sure, we could talk about that a bit. I'll even toss in my own experiences with it. But first off, Sasquatch is an unrecognized species. Picking that phrase apart could be somewhat revealing. The creature isn't recognized by any F&W agency in any of the 50 US states and probably Canada, too. But does "unrecognized" technically mean non-existent? I think not. "Unrecognized" is a slippery more or less blanket term used as an official neither confirm nor deny posture. I actually contacted my F&W agency and asked point blank if the Sasquatch exists or not. Anyone try that? I highly recommend it. It may take a while to get to talk to anyone in any kind of position beyond a secretary, but persistence in my case paid off. A call was set up between me and a regional state biologist and we spoke at some length.

After asking my point blank existence question a couple of times I sort of got an answer: "We're not sure they don't exist." It actually surprised me in a way to hear that, but in retrospect, the response in fact the stating the scientific null hypothesis. Some years before this I had asked a low level (I think) Bureau of Parks and Lands official if he was ALLOWED to talk about Sasuatch and his immediate response was, "There ain't none." So I have been on the quest of finding out the official truth ever since.

But the conversation with the biologist did include the fact that the Bigfoot is unrecognized by any state wildlife agency, though. I've thought a lot about that kind of wording. At least he didn't immediately come out and say, "There ain't none." It's these kinds of steps that I take (completely without fer of reprisal) that I take to help get me closer to my goal of scientific verification.

I would be interested to ask my local Fish & Wildlife Agency myself.  We have had numerous reports in Tennessee, particularly in the Smokey Mountains region.

There is however a BIG difference between state and federal governments.  I don't think the federal government wants to "debunk" the existence of these creatures per say, but rather than simply want to maintain the status quo.  Meaning neither confirm nor deny existence.  There are myriad reasons for this, but especially the fact that either a affirmation or pure denial would result in monetary loss.  Which is why they want to maintain the status quo.

I recall watching a Bigfoot documentary a few months ago which mentioned that a bipedal, ape-like creature was hit and killed by a motorist on an isolated Florida road.  According to the individual who allegedly struck the creature, he was soon interrogated by government agents who demanded that he not come public with this, and that he had really hit a bear.

I don't know about you, but I have never heard of a bear that runs across the road on two legs...

7 minutes ago, Incorrigible1 said:

You question what is a Sasquatch expert (as do I), but then tell us the creatures are human and that you've had more "experience" than others seeking such for 20 years. There seems to be a dichotomy going on. Help me understand.

Again my experience.

Not an expert but trying to relay what I experienced. Why me is a huge question. I think people try too hard and become jaded. I was "lucky" but am I? Sasquatch acted and reacted as a human would. Their abilities far and exceed ours. Believe it or not but it is the way it is for me. I know what I saw. But thats just me.

29 minutes ago, norseman said:

You know what makes logging and urban sprawl slow to a crawl? Like a spotted owl? But bigger, hairier with a BIG foot? 😉

No matter if it’s a tree farm or a strip mall? Private ground is private ground. But public ground? Bigfoot would have a massive impact with managing public ground.

🤣

25 minutes ago, Wooly Booger said:

I would be interested to ask my local Fish & Wildlife Agency myself.

Be my guest. There are a number of folks here that have expressed fear about doing that kind of thing. That's okay, I get that. My own , experience didn't elicit anything of the sort. no ominous overtones, no cautiously veiled warnings or hinted at threats. And why would there be. I think they were happy that their "inquisitor" moved on though ;) What did I get out of it? A biologist now knows me and my name. Who knows, we may speak again. He did say that the agency would investigate any credible evidence which brings me to why I pursued the official avenue. It was to narrow down my search options by getting a feel for policy at the "top."

The result, as an allegory, is I don't have to sense that I'm searching a 1,000 sq. mi. area of Bigfoot world. The F&W inquiry allowed me to become less curious about an official stance and freed me to work harder toward getting that credible evidence he as a biologist and an active member of the agency would want. And I'm doing that with the intention of bringing the biologist in should I get that evidence. And it ALSO has given me the encouragement to find independent scientists interested in the subject. I mean, we have scientists, yes, but I'm seeing a movement among young scientists that looks encouraging. There's a zooloigist that I have corresponded with who had an encounter in their teens, kept it quiet, and brought it up at a family gathering when in their twenties. The result? They found out that their grandfather, who had also kept quiet, had an encounter or two himself. 

This is good stuff folks and it why I'm so encouraged to move forward and show support for such scientists. It isn't just a whim, it's something that I have been actively working at ever since the DNA soil samples came out from under the first nest find in Washington state. In truth, I am NOT no-kill, I just think that there are other ways to tackle the Sasquatch issue and still help science get what science wants. But that's me. If others feel the same way then great. Collectively, and if done correctly, we might be able to throw our weight toward science and specific scientists whose disciplines are in fields relative to our own. And that has been my bigger overall plan along with the reasoning behind its existence.

• Upvote 2