Minnesota Update Of Sorts(Shrug)

Guest Maggie

Salubrious,

It is the same track that we discussed in the past (couple yrs. ago?) I think I emailed copies of the photos to you and you gave excellent analysis of them, even predicting where the next track was found around a turn ect. Or else it was on the link in BigTex's thread. This was back when you found that track in the bog up north at your friend's place.

Guest Maggie

If you are asking about my track (though I am certain you are asking about mesabes), it was in Goodhue County.

Haven't been on here in a bit...a guess a little update though it's not much. Again when I was out at the family place last

weekend, the night was super quiet. Which just isn't normal but I have experienced it at various times.

Maggie, sorry, I completely missed your comment about the track. Now I want to hear about it too.

It sounds like it really made an impact on you.

Guest Maggie

No problem, I was just confused what track was being talked about,lol.

It's nothing earth shattering anyway, except for me, since it was what caused me to believe there is more out there than what we know.

I have told it before, I was on a walk with my grandfather and sister along the gravel road that ran by our house and we saw it in

the soft part alongside the road. It looked like something had come up from the creek, crossed the road and headed up the hill.

My grandfather said nothing about the track as myself and my sister were squatted down poking at it. He went silent and then

turned around and said we were going home.

That's cool, sounds like Grandpa knew what he was looking at. Thanks for sharing again

I think I do remember reading it before. Maggie, are you the same Maggie that posted on Mike Quast's bigfoot site?

If you are asking about my track (though I am certain you are asking about mesabes), it was in Goodhue County.

Haven't been on here in a bit...a guess a little update though it's not much. Again when I was out at the family place last

weekend, the night was super quiet. Which just isn't normal but I have experienced it at various times.

Hello Maggie, your's was the track I was curious about. Goodhue county- covers a bit of area, lots of it heavily wooded. What was the closest town?

Guest Maggie

Mesabe, no, I am not that Maggie,lol, though I have often been mistaken for her because of the whole name thing. I am not certain which of us was first, but (shrug), doesn't bother me.

I have posted on a couple other boards a bit in the past but I have been a member of the BFF for quite a long time so this is my "go to" thread for updating and I barely post anywhere else anymore.

And yes, I know it threw my Grandpa for a loop as I don't think he had ever seen anything like it. However, he said nothing to the other adults when we got back to the house, at least not to my knowledge. I have asked my parents if he ever said anything and they said he did not. BUT my parents also aren't comfortable with the subject, so who really knows??? I have been able to get info out of them periodically but not on a consistent basis. I have had more luck questioning my siblings and children as to their experiences.

salubrious, the closest town to the family place would be Frontenac.

Edited by Maggie

Yea, not sure where I read the story before, maybe it was here. Sorry about the identity mixup. I think that Maggie may have been from Wi. anyway.

That's interesting, and frustrating about your Grandpa's and parents attitudes. I think it was last fall, I asked my wife's 80+ yr. old uncle, who has lived and worked in the wilderness most of his life, if he had ever heard any BF stories. Well, I had hardly finished the sentence, and he was ready to rip me a new one. lol He got all fiesty, and loudly stated, No he had never heard any of that Bigfoot stuff. What made it worse, is he used to be fairly close to me, but now treats me as a goof, and is standoffish. Sometimes, I get a look from him, that almost tells me he knows more than he is letting on tho... Almost like he wants to tell me more, but there are too many people around.

Guest Maggie

Mesabe, I can SO RELATE to that. Family members seem to tell me more if it is one on one. However, I have made no bones about my beliefs and have actually had some family and friends re-think theirs because of the many debates we have had about the subject! :)

As I probably mentioned, my dad has told me he has heard things moving around the house at night that sounded large, one time he heard it trip over the drain pipe outside the bathroom window. (same window I had whatever it was come up to early in the morning) I have questioned him about that again a time or two and he reluctantly said it sounded bi-pedal.

I have learned my lesson on asking Dad around Mom. He will start to say something and she will say "No, no, it's your imagination" or something such. She would do this even if she had a clear look!! There were five of us that had an experience (non-bigfoot related) and we all KNOW she saw what we did as she was marveling about never seeing anything like that before in her life when it was going on. Now? Avoidance or complete denial.

People are strange, that's for certain.

My dad grew up on a farm around Hammond, MN. He said sometimes he was in detention at school and had to walk home in the dark. Sometimes large animals would follow him. That was a long time ago as he is in his 70s now and who knows, it could have been deer. Or something else?

I remember reading a report about a truck driver who would complain about the "**** monkeys" in the Rochester area though for the life of me I cannot recall which site it was on.

Edited by Maggie

Maggie, our families must be alike in some ways

I remember a long time ago when I first started getting into BF, and got brave enough to talk about some of the things that I noticed happening. Some of my family and friends would joke about it good naturedly, until they had spent enough time out here, and started noticing weird unexplainable things happening themselves.

The joking stopped, and now some of them will actually talk seriously about it. A few others still seem undecided, but they haven't spent as much time out here. Unfortunately nothing seems to be going on in my neighborhood at the moment.

Guest Maggie

Yeah, I can't say a lot has been going on here either? I was at the family place this weekend and nada. Of course later summer into fall is when activity picks up more so I am not super surprised.

• 3 weeks later...

My friend that owns the cabin across the river near Alma has had a little activity. He texted me recently - heard a really loud SNAP on a still night about 2 weeks ago. I traded texts with him at the time. He wouldn't go outside. Whatever made it didn't make any other sounds- for example a large branch falling didn't seem to hit the ground if you take my meaning.

I was there this last weekend and the wind was completely still, but there was debris rain on the roof of the cabin (the weather was clear and hot if you recall). It started up shortly after I turned out the lights. It stopped after about 1/2 hour. But later I got up and as soon as I turned out the lights again it was back.

More- My friend has been staying down at his cabin as his is on temporary medical leave. He's been cleaning up the property and found and got rid of a bunch of sheet metal that he found in the brush.

That night (last night) he was awakened at about 3:AM to the sound of someone banging on a bit of sheet metal. Its important to understand that he has no neighbours near him or for that matter even paved roads. There was also more debris rain, which, just like last weekend when I was there, began a few minutes after lights out, stopped when the lights came back on, and then continued after the lights got shut off. He has also heard snaps and wood knocks similar to the one he heard there a couple of years ago.

It sounds like they are taking the 1st step to make some kind of contact. The ball may be in your court. Maybe start a gifting area, I wouldn't go the food route, maybe some unbreakable toys. Of course if he wants them gone, motion detector lights, and game cams.

• Upvote 2

Guest Maggie

Salubrious, that's really cool! :) Anything else happening? I love to hear about your Alma stories as it is just across from here. Wonder if they can swim across the river?:)  (Now I AM wondering about that,lol)

It makes sense this time of year as it is getting later on in the summer, the first part of August seems to be when it starts up so maybe they are here early....

• salubrious unlocked this topic