Finding Bigfoot

Just a crazy notion. Has anyone/group set up camp in a known area where BF plays.......but took a deer ladders (several) and hung them high in the tree. Then these lookouts could get film (IR) while the rest of the group snore away?

Deer don't look up, perhaps ol hairy doesn't either.

Ok, you are using too many terms interchangeably that are in fact NOT interchangeable.

First there is "night vision" or "image intensification", which simply amplifies ambient light from other sources (such as starlight, etc).

Then there is thermographic or IR vision, it is based on the sensing of heat, not light. IR can work in either passive mode (only utilizing existing heat) or active mode (utilizing an IR source for additional "illumination"). Active IR gives the better image, but it IS broadcasting energy that any receptor capable of perceiving IR range spectra can see.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_vision

Hopefully this will clear up your confusion.

If the show is using active IR (as your system seems to be) and BF (as is theorized) can perceive IR or near IR spectra, then you're still tromping around in the woods lit up like the proverbial Christmas tree.

The night vision I used had a light source, not all of them are as you have read on the Internet. It is used to help illuminate when there is no light source. I'm no expert on it and it was'nt mine but it looked all green like the ones used on the show. Whatever kind of light it was it is not visible and I assume that it's IR like the TV remote.

I could be wrong about what it's called but there was definately some kind of additional light on it. I'm not even sure if the newer models like in the show need this help. There's different generations and the newer ones are better.

The kind used on the show can't be seen.

Look at your television remote and push the button. After that watch it through the camera on your phone while pushing the button.

Now that is really interesting.

With modern technology the Finding Bigfoot team has a better chance of filming one than Roger Patterson. They tried Rogers way and used Rogers partner Bob Gimlin as their guide. They didn't get lucky like Roger but at least they learned first hand from the very best.

Edited by Tim Kota

Guest thermalman

That's what puzzles me. It should be "easier" to locate BF now, than ever before! There are a couple of self-proclaimed researchers on the BFF, supposedly living amongst small families or tribes, and yet they refuse to incorporate available technology to actually prove to themselves and the world that BF actually exists! We don't need mountains of evidence, only a clear picture or thermal capture? :)

That's what puzzles me. It should be "easier" to locate BF now, than ever before! There are a couple of self-proclaimed researchers on the BFF, supposedly living amongst small families or tribes, and yet they refuse to incorporate available technology to actually prove to themselves and the world that BF actually exists! We don't need mountains of evidence, only a clear picture or thermal capture? :)

That has me scratching a non danduff head....why don't these people give some sort of implied (it is implied as no physical evidence is presented) evidence to back up what they claim.

I know if I had a decent photo or vid, it would be posted in a heartbeat with all details of the encounter. The only thing that might be left out is the location, but could possibly be made available by a trusted meeting in the area.

Whom are these rasicals that want all the candy for themselves?

With modern technology the Finding Bigfoot team has a better chance of filming one than Roger Patterson. They tried Rogers way and used Rogers partner Bob Gimlin as their guide. They didn't get lucky like Roger but at least they learned first hand from the very best.

There is a tad bit of possibility in your belief. However it is on an electron microscope scale. The best I have faith in is an open area encounter with a thermal or FLIR that is "adjusted accordingly"!

The night vision I used had a light source, not all of them are as you have read on the Internet. It is used to help illuminate when there is no light source. I'm no expert on it and it was'nt mine but it looked all green like the ones used on the show. Whatever kind of light it was it is not visible and I assume that it's IR like the TV remote.

I could be wrong about what it's called but there was definately some kind of additional light on it. I'm not even sure if the newer models like in the show need this help. There's different generations and the newer ones are better.

The night vision that I have is Generation I and was purchased at Wally World. I have very little problems using it. Only on occasion have I had to turn on the IR and that generally was in an area of intense darkness which was at a distance from me. Then it lit up that area like a Christmas Tree.

Edited by treadstone

They are 'protecting' them, is the default answer, I believe:)

Guest wudewasa

Just a crazy notion. Has anyone/group set up camp in a known area where BF plays.......but took a deer ladders (several) and hung them high in the tree. Then these lookouts could get film (IR) while the rest of the group snore away?

Deer don't look up, perhaps ol hairy doesn't either.

A possible outcome:

Bobo and Moneymaker sitting in a tree, F I L M I N G... Moneymaker hears, a squatchy sound. Bobo hits him and he falls to the ground!

Nah, bad idea.

• Upvote 1

Guest operator

i had thought of that idea to.to do a night time still hunt from climbing tree stand.knowing my luck i'd be locked up for hunting after dark.

i had thought of that idea to.to do a night time still hunt from climbing tree stand.knowing my luck i'd be locked up for hunting after dark.

Only if you kill something that you're not suppose to kill.

The show is entertaining. They do occasionally find shreds of evidence, and they always show debated footage or photographs that have been reported throughout the years. I realized early on that it is more a TV series than an ongoing documentary. The thing to remember is that they need to keep the show interesting to keep it around at all. I bet they do their outrageous stunts like raves and fireworks on slow nights just so the show is interesting for casual viewers. While it might be more effective to sit in a Deer blind in the woods every night and wait, it wouldnt make for good television. If I was a Squatcher and I was paid to travel the country in search of Bigfoot with my friends and adventure through the woods, you bet I'd do whatever I could to keep that arrangement going, even if it meant doing something ridiculous once in a while.

One of the guys on that show is an incredible tool though. >.>

And like previously stated, it brings the issue of Bigfoot to a new audience.

Edited by ForestTone