Rick Dyer Again

Guest Scout1959

I'd, for one, love to see FB/FB go down in flames. I mean seriously, how many bloblsquatches can they confirm on so many points before they lose credibility?

LeafTalker, I'm speaking specifically to his claim that he is the proud owner of yet another slab monkey. I am not arguing whether or not he was part of a Minnow Films doc, or whether a crew was in the area behind the Home Depot. That could very well be true, but doesn't do a thing to prove he shot, killed and collected a specimen, not to mention the maze of contradictions coming from him and his 'not friend' Musky.

That's exactly right. We don't have proof. Why are you so mad about that? We're doin' the best we can. :) People are looking at as many things as they can, turning them over, thinking about them, researching on Google.... What else is there to do? It's a waiting game, is all..... I hear ya that it's painful, but the choices here are limited.......

BFF Patron

Jacki has had a block on her posts for the moment but says our 'team' seems to be expanding ;)

Hosiery Marionetting has a way of doing that too oddly enough!

j/k

Edited by bipedalist

Actually, that does raise the question: Chris Noel has a book where he has come out quite firmly saying Dyer has video of a BF. I was interested in that book, at first. Now I gotta say, that book has just lost any credibility that it might have had

Actually, that does raise the question: Chris Noel has a book where he has come out quite firmly saying Dyer has video of a BF. I was interested in that book, at first. Now I gotta say, that book has just lost any credibility that it might have had

Maybe this book is fiction. They say it's a fascinating read.

But that interview was the only thing that gave me pause to think there might actually be a body this time.

On the bright side, some trusting, old Bigfoot was not offed by a human monster.

Edited by Oonjerah

In the behavior field, past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior, Dyer's got this one nailed to the wall and declawed alright, lol.

Re: book correlations: So the latest book "Sasquatch Rising 2013" by Noel, and the FB/FB Foreward by Noel in "You ARE Sasquatch" both key on Dyer....... and the incident....... interesting to say the least.

Yeah, "behavior" is an exact science, right? :) Maybe it's good to look at that word, "best". Kind of hedges things, don't you think? I think "best" really means, "best, relative to the other choices, which are totally crappy". This "best" choice isn't non-crappy; it's just the least crappy of what ya got.

What happens if you take the word "best" outta there?

You get, "past behavior is the predictor of future behavior."

That's a tough one, huh? Nobody's goin' there, I can assure you.

So, I don't know about that "best". It's not doing it for me.

Which means that, in effect, the whole sentence is a very weak proposition.

BFF Patron

Which means that, in effect, the whole sentence is a very weak proposition.

Nothing gained nothing lost EXCEPT.... and NO hedge here (try to find one) the proposition that Dyer is a known hoaxer is very strong and now the story will fall apart, piece by piece. The string-along will continue and will continue and will continue again...... maybe there will be films, maybe NOT!

Edited by bipedalist

I'd, for one, love to see FB/FB go down in flames. I mean seriously, how many bloblsquatches can they confirm on so many points before they lose credibility?

You want someone to go down in flames because you don't like their pictures?

Nothing gained nothing lost EXCEPT....the proposition that Dyer is a known hoaxer is very strong and now the story will fall apart, piece by piece. The string-along will continue and will continue and will continue again......

And if the story DOESN'T fall apart?

Don't BFF posts stay active for like, long periods of time? Where people can like, reread them and stuff?

BFF Patron

Wow, you learn fast, and how does that affect me?

I've staked my reputation and opinion on many an issue here. You?

Not so much and worried?

Edited by bipedalist

The string-along will continue and will continue and will continue again......

Some seem to have a vested interest in the string along.

Wow, you learn fast, and how does that affect me?

I've staked my reputation and opinion on many an issue here. You?

Not so much and worried?

Bipedalist, I read a lot on here, and I've read a lot of your posts, and I always look forward to them and admire them greatly.

But I'm asking a real question. Why are people so sure of something they can't be sure of? Why so willing to make definitive statements about things they can't know? We could all look so silly after the fact! I just don't understand why people are so cavalier with their reputations (although many generously offer to eat crow if they're wrong, that's true). :)

You have a great reputation, and deservedly so.

I'm not sure I care what happens to mine. (Is that what you meant? I don't have one, so it can't matter what happens to it? I agree with that.) But other people DO seem to care about their reputations -- so much so that they want to go on record with their "predictions" about something before they can possibly know if they were right.

I'm kinda worried about those folks.