Oh Dear, Another Body...

Guest VioletX

Thanks for asking those questions Melissa. It still doesn't make sense to me that they would involve him at all since they are mad at him for releasing information. I'm looking forward to your follow up on that.

I'm thinking if this turns out to be not true Ed will say he was the one who was misled. That's why I was wondering how sure he is that it is true. 90+% is pretty high, but it still leaves some wiggle room for him. Thanks again Melissa.

Guest reelback

Catching up with the thread....

The oxygen evacuation system sounds plausible.

Plausable to air tight something the size of a container? (scratches head)

It can probably be done. Seems pretty far fetched to me. That's a lot of air to evacuate.

Also, please ask him why they are including him at all if he leaked their information and they are mad at him about it? Why would they want him involved after that?

This. And the answer below is not compelling.

Ed Smith:

Yes, 6 in the field

1 ready stand by

And 1 reserve.

O-6 research projects.

video feeds, status monitoring

supply manifold, servo valves and distribution system.

specimen would drop in unconsciousness relatively quick

We had a zookeeper help with the dosage tables.

Hmmm... this pseudo military technical language is a pretty big red flag. Will address below.

his attempt in using language that makes things sound Navy Seal cool and techie but the problem with this is that he is using the wrong lingo.

"ip number"

What is an ip number? Do we mean IP address?

I'd like to know where they obtained the tranquilizer. Unless they gave it a big dose of Nyquil or something it isn't available to the general public.

So a 'zookeeper', an amimal lover most likely, is going to provide medical advice on tranquilization to a species they know nothing about?? Come on.

We are talking a possible death trap here....To humans also.

THIS.

Who is going to put 6 of these out there and risk a person setting it off and being suffocated? Especially from this quantra group that appears to have legal advice, etc.

We don't know if this is true or not, but it could be true, just as easily as it could be false.

I believe your logic is faulty. Its not a 50 - 50 thing. The chances this is a hoax are overwhelmingly more likely than this being true.

Just consider the THOUSANDS of loose ends that would have to be true here for this story to be true. Statistically its a virtual 0.

Unforunately it will be your problem whether you like it or not. You know that old saying, "If you lie down with dogs you get up with fleas". I would try to keep the more exotic fleas off my reputation since it's a matter of trying to pick the dubious from the even more dubious in bigfoot world. If you do not owe Ed any favors then why bother with this nonsense?

I dont agree, respectfully. She's trying to help the community. By proxy she may be helping a hoax get attention, but she's clearly not part of the hoax.

Question: The most overwhelming question I have right now - deals with your relationship with Quantra. You stated you are not a member of Quantra -

Ed Smith: Yes that is correct. I have never have been a member of Quantra Group. Past present or future.

Question: Yet you received a text message discussing this alleged "capture".

Ed Smith: Yes I did.

Question: You have stated those involved with Quantra are not really happy with you for the release of information -

Ed Smith: This is true.

Question: but why are they even involving you at this point?

Ed Smith: They asked me to oversee the Bridging Group meeting. I agreed as long as they were compliant with the frame work of the meeting. It is important.

I am not a spokesman for the Quantra Group as has been misreported. They do have a PR agency in the wings I do not know their game plan.

Bang. Smoking gun.

"They hate me but need me". Total garbage. These people with resources are going to still use a guy that continutes to publically discuss something they want to keep secret?

There are 3 likely scenarios here:

'Ed' has snapped and is suffering a delusion of grandeur.

'Ed' is knowingly a part of a hoax

'Ed' is himself being hoaxed and he's lending some form of credibility to a story, but someone behind him is pulling the strings and he believes it.

FYI, delusions of grandeur:

People with a delusion of grandeur often have the conviction of having some great but unrecognized talent or insight. They may also believe they have made some important discovery that others don’t understand or appreciate.

Less commonly, the individual may have the delusion of having a special relationship with a prominent person (such as being an adviser to the President). Or the person may believe that actually are a very prominent and important person, in which case the actual person may be regarded as an imposter.

Grandiose delusions may have religious content, such as the person believes he or she has received a special message from God or another deity.

Sometimes, in popular language, this disorder may be known as “megalomania,†but is more accurately referred to as narcissistic personality disorder if it is a core component of a person’s personality and identity. In such disorders, the person has a greatly out-of-proportion sense of their own worth and value in the world.

http://psychcentral....on-of-grandeur/

Edited by reelback

Guest VioletX

Yes, thanks for taking the time to do this for us Melissa.

I wonder if Ed has said the group shared with him pictures or proof of some sort, I may have missed that if so.

You're welcome JRid. Honestly, that 90% quote stopped me dead in my tracks. Why? He admits he has not seen photos, reports, video or any evidence.. Yet he is 90% sure this is legit?

Like I said, I don't know if this is legit or not - I am just a messenger but this comment by Ed gets my wheels turning more than anything else.

But, I broke my crystal ball and my black cat ran away - so who knows.. LOL.

Edited to add: Violet - see my comment in this post. :)

Reelback said:

By proxy she may be helping a hoax get attention, but she's clearly not part of the hoax.

If I were trying to help a hoaxer get attention - this would be on my blog. It is not. You can go look for yourself. http://txsasquatch.blogspot.com/

As I said - this is to get questions answered for the people on this forum and anywhere else. Nothing more, nothing less.

Edited by Melissa

Thank you Melissa.

Interesting responses from Ed indeed. I'm glad he's willing to give his time responding to all these questions. Looking forward to seeing more.

Thanks again.

Guest VioletX

Thanks Melissa,

I wonder if Ed is doing any separate answers for the MABRC forum too?

As far as his 90% belief, It is interesting, but what doesn't make sense is how he sat through an entire meeting without being shown any proof by Quantra, they could not have shown hIm even one photo??

Edited by VioletX

@melissa, the 90% has me thinking, what????????? I thought he was absolutely certain that this had actually taken place. Now i'm back to square one questioning the entire scenario. I guess the saying, questions only lead to more questions is certainly true. :P

Guest reelback

If I were trying to help a hoaxer get attention - this would be on my blog. It is not. You can go look for yourself. http://txsasquatch.blogspot.com/

As I said - this is to get questions answered for the people on this forum and anywhere else. Nothing more, nothing less.

Please dont misinterpret, Melissa. I am not saying you are 'trying to help a hoaxer get attention'.

I'm saying that its an inadvertant result of trying to help this forum - your goal is to help us here, but an unfortunate consequence of it is that you are giving a hoax attention. Do you understand what I mean?

In no way am I suggeting you're trying to publicize this, nor am I questioning your motives. I'm pointing our the knock on effect.

It is already receiving a great deal of attention. Melissa is just helping to answer questions that many people have regarding the claims.

Something else I'm wondering. He said after the gas is released the team needs to be at the site in no more than 4-6 minutes, which is pretty quick. There are 6 units and if teams have to respond that quickly then teams have to be very close 24/7.

Are all the containers on the same property or are they in different locations? That is a lot of man hours. It would be difficult to have that many people available 24/7, especially if the units are in different locations. That is also a lot of people involved who could leak something and nothing has been leaked accept from Ed. Obviously, all of those people would have to be trained to deal with the situation of having a captured bigfoot too. I know he mentioned 40 something people were involved in the Orig-6, but is that enough to be that close to 6 units 24/7? Were those people getting paid? Did they not have jobs and families? How did that many people never leak something.

I understand your point Reelback - and I appreciate that you are not pointing at me directly.

I am simply stating a fact. Others have brought links and information (good information and bad) here - that does not make them guilty of giving a hoax attention - it is simply trying to make sure everyone is on the same page and informed of all the information that may be available.

Guest VioletX

I just read this blog by Nadia Moore, and while I disagree with her saying that certain parties are using this to get a spotlight on them, (to paraphrase), I agree almost word for word with what she writes about the ramifications of the anesthesia and how that relates to Quantra's current status.

http://bigfootzoologist.blogspot.com/2013/01/if-there-is-daisy-is-heshe-dead.html