Rick Dyer Again (Continued)

Guest Admin

Oh dear. No one trusts anyone. No one has credibility. Everything is a hoax. Everyone is lying. Why do we bother reading, watching listening to anything BF related. Its all just futile it appears :(

JackiLB, you keep saying this. I have personally walked away from this comment many times - but I am going to respond now, and hope you do not take offense because none is intended.

I don't know if you were around this community for the 2008 hoax, if you were, my comments will probably make a lot of sense. Not everything is a hoax - at least I don't think so. I think there are witnesses out there that have seen something. What that is still remains to be determined. I have had my own unexplained moments in the field. BUT - that is not my point.

My point is this. When I became involved in this wild world of Bigfoot Research - I did it because I wanted to help witnesses. I have a career that revolves around helping people. When Rick Dyer came along with his friend in tow - back in 2008 they not only attempted to discredit years of research - but they hurt good people in the process-- witnesses. People who did nothing but report their sightings - were hurt beyond measure. I can not condone that - nor can I ignore that. I can not and will not forgive Dyer for his willful conduct back in 2008. He wants us all to think he is apologetic - and remorseful - yeah I bet he was while he spent that 25 grand (I am assuming he split the cash with Whitton).

I am not sure why anyone in this community should forgive him. I think giving him the benefit of the doubt is dangerous. I won't do it. My dislike of Dyer has everything to do with what I know witnesses went through after his big story went south after the CNN press conference. Dyer attempted to not just hurt witnesses - but respected people in this community. People I am friends with - who have never done anything to anyone. They were targeted by Dyer - because they gave him the benefit of the doubt. That is a mistake many in this community wont ever make again.

That is Dyer's fault - no one elses. I don't blame you for wanting to give this guy a chance - but please forgive those of us who simply can not afford to go through that all over again. When we know better.

Well said Melissa!!!! Plusses! You so have summed up my thoughts!

As for FBFB enthusiasm does not equal credibility or respect. They have done More to hurt the research of BF than help. They are either very naive or down right deceptive I can't abide either.

JackiLB, you keep saying this. I have personally walked away from this comment many times - but I am going to respond now, and hope you do not take offense because none is intended.

I don't know if you were around this community for the 2008 hoax, if you were, my comments will probably make a lot of sense. Not everything is a hoax - at least I don't think so. I think there are witnesses out there that have seen something. What that is still remains to be determined. I have had my own unexplained moments in the field. BUT - that is not my point.

My point is this. When I became involved in this wild world of Bigfoot Research - I did it because I wanted to help witnesses. I have a career that revolves around helping people. When Rick Dyer came along with his friend in tow - back in 2008 they not only attempted to discredit years of research - but they hurt good people in the process-- witnesses. People who did nothing but report their sightings - were hurt beyond measure. I can not condone that - nor can I ignore that. I can not and will not forgive Dyer for his willful conduct back in 2008. He wants us all to think he is apologetic - and remorseful - yeah I bet he was while he spent that 25 grand (I am assuming he split the cash with Whitton).

I am not sure why anyone in this community should forgive him. I think giving him the benefit of the doubt is dangerous. I won't do it. My dislike of Dyer has everything to do with what I know witnesses went through after his big story went south after the CNN press conference. Dyer attempted to not just hurt witnesses - but respected people in this community. People I am friends with - who have never done anything to anyone. They were targeted by Dyer - because they gave him the benefit of the doubt. That is a mistake many in this community wont ever make again.

That is Dyer's fault - no one elses. I don't blame you for wanting to give this guy a chance - but please forgive those of us who simply can not afford to go through that all over again. When we know better.

Based on this post, I'm now in the camp that won't put any stock into whay Dyer says.

Yes. Exactly the way I feel about this. And probably a majority of others in the community, although that's a blanket statement I think its true. Well Said Melissa. plussed

Everyone needs to make up their own mind - based on what evidence they think is legitimate. I would never ask people to base an opinion simply on what I have said.

This issue of Dyer became extremely personal for some of us -- who didn't believe his story anyway.. But, we were forced into the position of cleaning up his mess - while he laughed at the entire community and witnesses who believed him and his pal. I simply can not forgive that. Frankly, I think he is sorry for 2008 - because he is broke and needs money. He figured out once he could make a windfall of cash by hoaxing - why shouldn't he think he could do it again?

Oh, there is a new video on Dyers blog.. I won't post it here because of content - but the guy can't even stop laughing although he is supposed to be angry with Dyer... He keeps dropping his head - and he is smiling... Rick posted this video saying he lost another fan - I wonder when we will find out Dyer put his pal up to this - because they both thought it would funny.

Oh dear. No one trusts anyone. No one has credibility. Everything is a hoax. Everyone is lying. Why do we bother reading, watching listening to anything BF related. Its all just futile it appears :(

Only that which is associated with Rick Dyer.

It is a shame you have already written off the FBFB guys who just seem to not only have immense enthusiasm for the subject but also work with esteemed people...again Christopher Noel reference. I feel its a great shame that their contribution to the BF community has been tainted by some just because of their associations with Dyer and Musky Allen. That is a shame as I feel they are extremely bright

If they were extremely bright they would have never associated their name with Rick Dyer.

• Upvote 1

Guest WldHrtRnch

@adam, I used my plus for Melissa's post, very well said Melissa.

But plusses to your post too.

LOL@ Rockape.

RD's blog has been very very strange for the last few days. Did you guys see the offer of the house in AR if someone brings in a BF? Is that old news/offer? Very bizarre.

Based on this post, I'm now in the camp that won't put any stock into whay Dyer says.

I second that..

I don't always drink beer ( the koolaid ) but when I do, it is not HOAX beer.... Nuff said ... Melissa said it best

I have listened to hours of RD radio blogs, HOURS!

After 2008, he attacked Loren Coleman. Spread stuff about him. i wont go into it, but! That was serious!

After this he started on Meldrum and anyone who was established in the BF world.

He bashed anyone who did not agree and was a voice in BF world.

Now, he is quiet. Why?

He has access to these forums, I know for a fact! Too many of out ideas have showed up on his radio talk shows, or should I say rant shows! Lol before minnow, reigned him in.

Don't want to end up on the cutting room floor, do we?

FB/FB got the info on Musky from Musky. He bragged about his background and it's all been proven false. Notice he picked target names that can't or usually don't fire back. Rene's dead, his son isn't in the community, and Meldrum usually doesn't directly reply to comments made about him. But this time he did. He didn't contact him now and he didn't contact him in 2009. Those prices were never his appearance costs. Everyone that's worked with Rene never heard of him. His son owns all his notes. Musky even got the place where Rene lived wrong. Not many caught that.

FB/FB's mistake is that they take everyone's word for truth. They have always been gullible. They're a big target in the eyes of Rick. Attack the establishment of BF researchers, but hurt the common believer that isn't close to that establishment. Well FB/FB is the home of the believer that doesn't follow it deeply. And to hoax 38k people as well as make the FB/FB guys look foolish...that part's already done.

• Upvote 1

njjohn said:

They're a big target in the eyes of Rick. Attack the establishment of BF researchers, but hurt the common believer that isn't close to that establishment. Well FB/FB is the home of the believer that doesn't follow it deeply. And to hoax 38k people as well as make the FB/FB guys look foolish...that part's already done.

Yep - Bingo. In 2008 it was Loren Coleman, Steve Kulls and Tom Biscardi. Dyer targets those he feels have the highest level of credibility. Both Musky and Dyer miscalculated when they threw out Dr. Meldrum and Rene Dahinden. You're also right - Dr. Meldrum (as a rule) does not respond to these kinds of things - but he did with Musky - that said volumes to me. This time - it appears to me he is going after "camps" more so than specific people. Just look at those who are defending him - and he has asked to come look at his dead bigfoot.. They are specific people within the various camps - that he thinks hold a lot of credibility - just look how Dyer describes Musky, and others... I think he is specifically targeting the bigfoot community this time - 2008 was more for public consumption.. At least that's where his main focus was. Getting as much public attention as possible. That's the only reason why he would have involved Biscardi.

When you sit back and look at who he includes and who he attacks --- it's pretty obvious.