Bigfoot Beheads People?

The quote function gives me some grief sometimes, too.

I looked at that link.   I think we're seeing the same thing and coming to different conclusions.  I read the report, I've seen most of SusiQ's subsequent posts, I listened to the interview.   What I see is not a change in the event, what I see is a result of her vocabulary evolving as she's been here on the forum longer and been exposed to more ideas.

I guess this is maybe getting off on a tangent, more about me than about her, but I see it like this:

Frankly I don't know what to think of her report.  I wasn't there.  I can't say that she did see a dogman, I can't say that she didn't.  The consistency of the story's contents as the vocabulary evolves suggests to me that she believes it, she does not seem to be trying to back-fill details to cover sloppy tracks.   I don't see any contrived corrections.  

It doesn't cost me anything to give her the benefit of the doubt.   It doesn't cost me anything to be polite if I doubt a story.  It doesn't gain me anything to behave badly, either. 

MIB

• Upvote 1

MIB - my quote function doesn't work, but here you go.

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/10882-sighting-on-hwy7-in-texas/

I think some of the evolution is she originally thought she saw a regular bigfoot, but in making comments describing what it looked like someone commented to her that what she saw a dogman, something she had never heard of before. So, the link above is her describing a bigfoot she saw.  Later she understood more about it.  That is a natural evolution.  

I admit I've heard of dogman before, but I didn't know much of anything about it before seeing comments here.  When I researched this subject I found Ray Crowe, who is a pioneer bigfoot researcher that has collected thousands of sighting reports, believes they are real, and are a subspecies of sasquatches due to seeing so many reports of them.

I'm kind of like some of the others commenting here, like HRpuffnstuff, having some difficulty completely accepting this new species, although I'm more open to it now since I've discovered sightings go back into the 1800's.  One feature just throws me off though.  On one type of the alleged dogman species it is said to have the inverted ankle like a canine and also leaves footprints in the shape of a pad more like a canine, totally different from the human like prints left by bigfoot,  That just seems too wild for me, of it not only having a triangular shaped head and ears that stick up similar to a dog's, but having legs and feet like a dog too.  I do wonder if there is a species that has a more narrow jawline that gives the head a more triangular shape, but people have misidentified or embellished the legs somehow.  

One possible explanation I've read is they have really long feet like sasquatches, but some have been observed walking on the balls of their feet (the front area), and its only giving the appearance of an inverted ankle like a dog's leg.  I have no problem with them being seen running on all fours or on twos.  Sasquatches are mainly bipedal, but they are also knuckle walkers like apes, and have been observed many times moving on all fours.  Someday if we have a type species (a body) of a bigfoot confirming its existence, we might then move to the next phase, the dogman mystery.

Edited by jayjeti

Below was copied from the comments section of an article about dogman.  The person making the comments is Ray Crowe himself.  He cites a number of dogman encounters that he recorded over the years.  This is what Ray Crowe wrote in the comments section responding to the article

Dog-Headed Creatures

Bord lists in the Bigfoot Casebook where in 1972 a witness saw a Bigfoot with a wolf-like head. The head had an elongated nose and fangs.

Three teenaged boys were driving near a wildlife area and saw what they thought was a dead dog alongside of the road. It was torn open at the stomach with the intestines exposed. The boys stopped to examine; poking a stick at the carcass. Immediately a huge “Werewolf†looking creature screamed at them and charged towards them (not the dog). The boys piled into the car and raced off to avoid the creature. But it chased after them running up to 35 mph before they outdistanced it. One boy said that the upright hairy creature had ears visible on the side of its head.  He said that the face was like that of an ape. But it had strange ears, “like large lynx-type in appearance.â€

Near Grand Rivers, Kentucky, July 1978, 13 year old Joe on his dirt bike screamed as the creature grabbed his leg, leaving scratch marks across his right thigh where it had torn through the denim of his Levi’s. The hairy wolf thing was following him on the path through the woods and grabbed him near the road. It ran on two legs and was taller than a man.

Linda said the Farmington creature was the size of a large deer but had a massive wolf-like head and pointy ears. It lumbered on across the road into the woods, uncaring of the car’s presence.

Steve, a Department of Natural Resources employee, hired to pick up road-kill in Wisconsin, had just picked up an 80 pound doe deer carcass in the back of his truck. In November 2006 near Holly Town the truck shook violently and he looked back in his rearview mirror and saw a creature lift the deer and a steel ramp that the carcass was tangled in, and run off into the heavily wooded area carrying the deer in its arms. The creature had a distinct muzzle and prominent ears, the head of a wolf. It was said that other sightings of some sort of creature resembling an ape with the head of a wolf had been seen in the past.

Outside of Elkhorn, Wisconsin, a creature was reported in the 1980’s called, the Beast of Bray Road. Reporter Linda Godfrey of the Walworth County Week interviewed the witnesses who talked of a Werewolf. The creature was said to be seven feet tall and weigh 400-700 pounds and had a face like a German Shepherd with pointed ears. The creature has been seen running on all four legs and sitting in the road eating dead road kill. In vehicle headlights the eyes glow yellow and the odor of decaying meat is noticed.

Not to be left out, Michigan, had a popular song, the legend of the Michigan Dogman, in 1987. The Dogman was first reported in 1887 (centennial) in Wexford County, when two lumberjacks said they had seen a creature with a man’s body and a dog’s head. Later, in Paris, Michigan, in 1938, Robert was said to have been attacked by five wild dogs, one of which walked upright.

Joedy Cook said in 1996 the Norwood, Ohio, police followed up on a report of a creature described as “a dog running on two legs.â€

Ronnie Roseman said he interviewed a Lummi Reservation cop who said that 15-20 years ago as the police cruiser was driving along the road and out of the woods a creature with a snout like a wolf, dashed out and deliberately slammed into the car and dented it after bouncing off, then dashed back into the woods. The big hairy creature was really quick, he said.

There was a violent occurrence in Kentucky by The Beast of LBL (Land Between the Lakes). The tale was related by Jan Thompson in the book, Jan’s Tales, Creature of LBL. The spooky area had a long history of hauntings, Indian curses, and mysterious lights over gravestones, hag witches, and tales of a wolf-like upright creature that would attack livestock. The seven foot Wolfman left barefoot paw-type tracks, had long hair, and a stench of open graves. The huge wolf head had a long snout and sharp incisors and red eyes with huge hands and long spindly-type fingers. At night there were strange howls of painful agony. Families told of livestock slaughtered, ripped into pieces. Cattle and horses had their legs pulled from the sockets. A farmer found the creature in one of his horse stalls once; he “wet his overalls.â€

Thompson goes on to say where Two Police officers fresh from a crime scene were shaken and pale, one vomiting. They had gotten a call to help with investigating at the popular LBL campground where some early season arrivals had been attacked by something. There were county coroners and ambulances besides other official cars on site. The victims were all dead at the ghastly scene, yellow ribbons of “CRIME SCENE†tape everywhere. The campfire was almost out and the doors of the motorhome were torn loose. Inside were bloody handprints sliding down the metal walls. Outside there was ripped clothing, bodies and body parts with limbs torn off, a pile of bowels and pieces of loose flesh and muscle tissues scattered everywhere. All of which belonged to three bodies. The remains of what had been hours earlier…a happy vacationing family. The father, mother and young son, the coroner said, were pierced by claws and incisors. The father had on his corpse four long claw marks, with a smaller digit like a thumb, that was wider than a man’s hand. The marks looked like the man was trying to flee. An officer stepped out of the motor home holding a garment; a small dress like a five year old would wear but no small child was found. Fifty yards away in the woods an officer had blood on his face, hat, and shirt. It had been dripping from a small hand seen in the tree, along with a leg with a white sock still on the foot that was dangling down. The missing child had been found. She had apparently been taken into the tree and leisurely eaten on as she lay across a large tree branch.

The LBL is a popular campground bringing a lot of extra money into the area, so, of course, like in the movie Jaws, they try to keep it quiet so as not to scare any tourists away.

Summary

So, what are these wolf-like creatures? There are enough reports that it would appear to be part of the animal menagerie of our forests. The most I can do is make a really, really, wild guess; tongue-in-cheek. It’ll have to do for me until something better comes along. Could it be a possible hybrid between a Bigfoot and a baboon? Not necessarily today, but in the geological past (baboon fossils go back eight million years).

Edited by jayjeti

MIB - my quote function doesn't work, but here you go.

My quote function does not work with IE but works just fine with Mozilla Firefox.

Scientific skeptics are necessary since they want the truth, but hounding witnesses is not right.

True. Probably accounts for a large/majority number of sightings never being reported and an untold amount of evidence held privately.

IOW's the risk of coming forward outweighs the reward for doing so due to the *hounding* and ridicule.

Edited by HRPuffnstuff

Below was copied from the comments section of an article about dogman.  The person making the comments is Ray Crowe himself.  He cites a number of dogman encounters that he recorded over the years.  This is what Ray Crowe wrote in the comments section responding to the article

Dog-Headed Creatures

Bord lists in the Bigfoot Casebook where in 1972 a witness saw a Bigfoot with a wolf-like head. The head had an elongated nose and fangs.

Three teenaged boys were driving near a wildlife area and saw what they thought was a dead dog alongside of the road. It was torn open at the stomach with the intestines exposed. The boys stopped to examine; poking a stick at the carcass. Immediately a huge “Werewolf†looking creature screamed at them and charged towards them (not the dog). The boys piled into the car and raced off to avoid the creature. But it chased after them running up to 35 mph before they outdistanced it. One boy said that the upright hairy creature had ears visible on the side of its head.  He said that the face was like that of an ape. But it had strange ears, “like large lynx-type in appearance.â€

Thanks for posting those reports.

The point of the thread is there are rare reports of bad things happening to people at the hands of bigfoot or dogman. Was the animal provoked?  In this report the boy accidently provoked the dogman by interfering with a meal.

All we can do is to wait for a public out cry to know more about bigfoot and dogman, then our university, federal, and state wildlife departments will get on board. Biologist will then be paid to sit in elaborate forest blinds to film these animals. What else can we do?

The quote function gives me some grief sometimes, too.

I looked at that link.   I think we're seeing the same thing and coming to different conclusions.  I read the report, I've seen most of SusiQ's subsequent posts, I listened to the interview.   What I see is not a change in the event, what I see is a result of her vocabulary evolving as she's been here on the forum longer and been exposed to more ideas.

I guess this is maybe getting off on a tangent, more about me than about her, but I see it like this:

Frankly I don't know what to think of her report.  I wasn't there.  I can't say that she did see a dogman, I can't say that she didn't.  The consistency of the story's contents as the vocabulary evolves suggests to me that she believes it, she does not seem to be trying to back-fill details to cover sloppy tracks.   I don't see any contrived corrections.  

It doesn't cost me anything to give her the benefit of the doubt.   It doesn't cost me anything to be polite if I doubt a story.  It doesn't gain me anything to behave badly, either. 

MIB

Thank you. I very sincerely appreciate your posting, and a plus 1 for being so kind, and for being so wise and thoughtful, plus intelligent enough to hear and see the truth in my Dogman encounter.  :giverose:

Trust me, MIB, my life was a lot happier before I discovered these creatures exist.

BTW, Does everyone here have a college education, and also some with masters, even Ph.Ds, or perhaps some physicians? 

This is the only forum where I feel totally at home because it sounds just like being at home for my entire life :good: !

My quote function does not work with IE but works just fine with Mozilla Firefox.

True. Probably accounts for a large/majority number of sightings never being reported and an untold amount of evidence held privately.

IOW's the risk of coming forward outweighs the reward for doing so due to the *hounding* and ridicule.

I was at first so thrilled and happy to have finally seen a BF which verified my belief in the PGF!

Boy, did that come crashing down in a hurry when I came here to joyfully announce my sighting. sigh..

Then, of course, I discovered monsters truly do exist.

My kids happily hike and camp with no clue because they refuse to believe monsters really do exist.

*******Plus 1 Jayjetti, and thank you for sharing your thoughts.************

Edited by SweetSusiq

I think of it this way.

Everyone has got to die someday, right?

How cool would it be to be ripped to shreds by an 'imaginary' creature?  I mean, that's like being impaled by a unicorn, or burnt to death by a fire breathing dragon! 

Sure would be better than dying of something more mundane, like cancer or a car wreck, no?

Not that I go out looking to die in the woods by the hands of a RFP (reclusive forest primate) or the like, but I can think of worse ways to die.

Hey Cotter......I'd much prefer passing away peacefully in some pristine meadow, beside a clear water stream,.... while being coddled by a gentle female giant hairy wild woman (especially if they smell like flowers)...then,....if they want to eat me....s'OK  (smile)

You each can help your odds by finding a female left wandering around from Woodstock.

The were hairy and flower children you know. You could probably find a tall one as well,

Then all you would need would be the pristine meadow and clear water stream. :P

Cotter, LOL, I'm planning on dying in my sleep at a ripe old age, I hope:)

You guys are just too funny! :russian:  I can't wait to see what you come up with next..

I think of it this way.

Everyone has got to die someday, right?

How cool would it be to be ripped to shreds by an 'imaginary' creature?  I mean, that's like being impaled by a unicorn, or burnt to death by a fire breathing dragon! 

Sure would be better than dying of something more mundane, like cancer or a car wreck, no?

Not that I go out looking to die in the woods by the hands of a RFP (reclusive forest primate) or the like, but I can think of worse ways to die.

Cotter, I sincerely hope that one day somehow somewhere when you are least expecting it you will see a Dogman, and I hope that you will have the courage to come here and tell the truth about your sighting. Perhaps you'll see a BF, but whatever, I just so hope that you have an encounter.

Edited by SweetSusiq

• masterbarber unpinned this topic