New Member Introductions

WV FOOTER

Looks like a long time since somebody introduced themselves. My name is Ed I live Black Mountain North Carolina. Very interested in Bigfoot dog man and any other cryptid phenomenon. Have scientific training and an open mind. Unfortunately personal stories and anecdotes are not facts. They're important to establishing facts of course they are not facts, other than the fact it is a fact that the people have reported it. I believe the Patterson Gimlin  film is the just about the only piece of evidence that stands up to scrutiny so far. Anytime somebody tries to use a government conspiracy to cover up what's really going on means they don't have evidence. The propensity for people to blame the government or some secret powerful organization or entity for their inability to do science is pretty boring but I have an open mind; YES there are things that are unexplainable and incomprehensible and downright confounding in the woods and in the world. 

7 hours ago, Bigfoot Ed said:

Looks like a long time since somebody introduced themselves. My name is Ed I live Black Mountain North Carolina. Very interested in Bigfoot dog man and any other cryptid phenomenon. Have scientific training and an open mind. Unfortunately personal stories and anecdotes are not facts. They're important to establishing facts of course they are not facts, other than the fact it is a fact that the people have reported it. I believe the Patterson Gimlin  film is the just about the only piece of evidence that stands up to scrutiny so far. Anytime somebody tries to use a government conspiracy to cover up what's really going on means they don't have evidence. The propensity for people to blame the government or some secret powerful organization or entity for their inability to do science is pretty boring but I have an open mind; YES there are things that are unexplainable and incomprehensible and downright confounding in the woods and in the world. 

Welcome, Ed. Always glad to see fellow NC folks with an interest, especially in scientific approaches. I'm on faculty at NC State University and teach a course called Science, Psi, Sasquatch, and Spirits that takes scientific approaches to investigating the strange. You can find more info about me here (even though my new web site is not quite ready for prime time): darbyorcutt.com

• Thanks 1

Thanks! I'm actually a pretty much retired archaeologist, I have degree in anthropology as well as religious studies from East Carolina. Done a good bit of work in the southeast in all kinds of environments and stuff, and have been to over a dozen BFRO encounter locations throughout the country. I'm currently part of a small group that's going to be doing some quote unquote squatching this summer in wnc.

My son is a student at North Carolina state currently, GO Pack. I have what probably come across as some pretty strong opinions when it comes to sasquatch/bigfoot. I look forward to healthy discussion in the forums about it.  It is rather fascinating that whatever it is seems to take the form of a mammal.  The lack of any evidence in the prehistoric record lol fossils bones genuine depictions I find one of the chief difficulties for its existence in North America. I am of the school of thought that it's not gigantopithecus. gigantopithecus if it was such a beast was a quadruped and it died out along with Homo erectus possibly due to the Advent of homo sapien. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

He I am from the UK always been into anything bigfoot or anything paranormal since I can remember.

I am really looking forwards to reading about people's encounters 

• Upvote 1
On 12/29/2018 at 11:43 AM, WV FOOTER said:

Welcome to the Bigfoot Forums. Please use this area to tell us about yourself and briefly how you became interested in Bigfoot!

If you wish to post your BF encounters, experiences and stories, please do so in the appropriate threads- after you introduce yourself here. This is not the area for prolonged or continuous encounter reports because they will simply be deleted. If you need assistance, contact a moderator or administrator. 

Thanks and enjoy the forums.

I've been interested in the idea of bigfoot since I was young but always thought well PGF is cool and probably real but show me one in person. Then I got chased off a mountain in Colorado by something about 25 years ago and it's been in the back of my mind ever since. Life got in the way but now I'm at a point in my life where I can try to prove it to myself that what I think chased me that night is real - Randy

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, RSS said:

I've been interested in the idea of bigfoot since I was young but always thought well PGF is cool and probably real but show me one in person. Then I got chased off a mountain in Colorado by something about 25 years ago and it's been in the back of my mind ever since. Life got in the way but now I'm at a point in my life where I can try to prove it to myself that what I think chased me that night is real - Randy

Welcome, Randy.  Greetings from Oregon. Madison and I have seen three now. Two visuals, and countless knocks, prints and flat out weirdness. Now we're seeing orbs, too. You say you want to know, and that's great. I welcome your willing attitude. Get out there and look. And, be careful out there. Take a buddy if you can. One little mistake can send you into a life or death situation. Document as much as you can. And know your terrain, know your own limits, and know first aid and always have a "plan B" in case you cannot make it home for some time. Be sure someone knows where you're heading, too. Better to be too careful and go home empty handed than to take a risk that you may regret later. Lots of good info on this site, and lots of resources. Give me a shout if you need anything. 

Welcome waylonjack, PJB, occamsrazor, welcome back ohma, Bigfoot Ed, and RSS.

Welcome Soul-Sender from the UK.  

May The 4th be with all y'all! :rofl:

I'm Michael from the USA. I have lurked here off and on for some time now. I'm an avid camper and follow the ultralight way of camping/hiking. I just enjoy the forest no matter what. Over the past few years I've unexpectedly - and later on expectedly - camped in areas where these critters live at. My first encounter was in the AM off trail where my daughter and I had something on 2 legs approach from a ways off, pace around our tent (I was petrified because no one would know where we were at), and leave. Then it came back as the sun was rising. Another time I seen one with blue-white color eyes reflecting the firelight and another with amber or orange colored eyes that same night. We were thinking it could have been a family group checking us out, and I am ashamed in a way to admit I had a light in my hand but never thought to shine it over there! I've several reports I've written in order to document things before I forget details and misremember how things went. I've come to realize that they seem very curious about who is in their forest and what we are doing and seem to test your awareness, attention, and feel you out before they may come closer.

I've always been a believer since a little kid. But never, ever thought I'd end up somewhere around them. Thanks for reading and glad to be among knowers, believers, and skeptics.

• Upvote 1

Been years since I've been here. My old account is apparently no longer active. I used to post here regularly. I no longer reside in Arkansas. I am in Louisiana. Been researching these creatures since the late 70's when I had my initial encounters with them.