New Member Introductions

WV FOOTER

Hello everyone! I live in the Shenandoah National Park area in Northern Virginia . I am 60 years old and I have had numerous encounters in this part of the country.  I look forward to sharing information on the subject. 

Hello from Portland Oregon. I grew up hunting, fishing, camping, and hiking in the high desert and forests around Bend,Oregon. Although I've never had an encounter myself, I have a few close friends who have. They are both avid outdoorsmen (one is a hunting and fishing guide) and they know the Oregon forests and what animals live in these forests. Their first hand encounters and the hundreds of other encounters I've listened to on podcasts like Sasquatch Chronicles have piqued my interest in the bigfoot phenomenon. PS - Patty is real. 

4 hours ago, Aero56 said:

Hello everyone! I live in the Shenandoah National Park area in Northern Virginia . I am 60 years old and I have had numerous encounters in this part of the country.  I look forward to sharing information on the subject. 

HAH! Can't believe I live in Maine with 25-30,000 Black Bears and didn't see my first one until I was in the Shenandoah National Park two years ago. Big ears I thought, even for an older bear:

883069799_Bear1.thumb.jpg.0fb4edca55e7ea9ff32bfce96b19f77c.jpg

51443911_Bear2.thumb.jpg.09433051048b15f7eae5050c36b9dc49.jpg

Edited by hiflier
Guest bigjohn60

I always believed I was an open minded person but I must admit that when it came to monsters like Bigfoot I rolled my eyes, until I had my own CLOSE encounter a little over a year ago. Now I'm accumulating all the eyewitness audio testimony I can to determine as much as I can about the creature. I'm starting a podcast about my findings-research in March 2020. It looks like this forum will be very helpful for my research. Thanks.

Hello all from PA.  I used to be a member here way back in the days of BFF v1.0.  Oh my, the drama back then.  Anyways, i have never come across the big guy but i find the subject fascinating.  Some days i believe they might exist and other days they don't, but i love the mystery of it all.  I don't have much to impart as far as knowledge but i love soaking up info.  So hopefully i might have something to impart in the discussion.

Guest Neoteny

Hello all, I hope I can provide a worthy contribution. I am working on trying to tie down a set of indexes for the relative proportions of the sasquatch working from various bits of footage. In theory the proportional ratios between the long bones of their body (intermembrenal, humerofemoral etc) aught to be relatively consistent like ours are. This key could then be used to 'diagnose' genuine footage of the sasquatch. Im hopeful about the existence of these 'wild- men' but try to retain a healthy skepticism. I think theories of an asian origin are compelling given the apparent diversity of homind species there during the pleistocene with occasional tendencies towards gigantism.

thanks all

Welcome, Neoteny. We have quite a few members who have posted about  Patty’s proportions as opposed to human proportions, and similar topics such as analyzing limb proportions of apparent hoaxes in “ape suits.” Also much comment about origins of hominids. Hope you find these postings, and enjoy.

• Upvote 1
Admin
11 hours ago, Neoteny said:

I am working on trying to tie down a set of indexes for the relative proportions of the sasquatch working from various bits of footage. In theory the proportional ratios between the long bones of their body

Be sure to read this paper.

I've been interested in Sasquatch/Bigfoot/Yeti for decades and I continue to read a lot of reports online.  I doubt I will ever post because I have no first-hand information, but I would enjoy reading posts in the forum.