New Member Introductions

WV FOOTER

Guest Deranged Gnome

Hello from North East Georgia, my name is John I have been researching for ten years now. I have had several encounters, and love to hear about others experiences. Looking forward to learning more!!!!

John

54 minutes ago, Deranged Gnome said:

Hello from North East Georgia, my name is John I have been researching for ten years now. I have had several encounters, and love to hear about others experiences. Looking forward to learning more!!!!

John

Welcome John

When you can  post about some of your encounters , visual encounters ?   either way would love to hear them .

Nancy Frye, Kitsap County, WA, USA. Been interested in this topic since I was a kid. At this point I don't think there can be any doubt that these things exist. Exactly what they are is open to debate, but I do think there appear to be varying types. Attended the Sasquatch Symposium in 2019, recently, and that really jump-started my interest. The more I learn the more fascinated I become.

• Upvote 1
Guest blaked2019
On 12/29/2018 at 8:43 AM, WV FOOTER said:

Hello...

My name is Pat Edwards. I am an author and publisher of mostly local history books in Lane County, Oregon. A friend and colleague, Joe R. Blakely, who has also written many local history books as well as a series of short fiction novellas featuring Bigfoot. A year ago, he was approached by a gentleman by the name of Rick Wohlers at a book fair who noticed his set of 5 novellas on Bigfoot and after quite a discussion, the man asked Joe if he would be interested in publishing a manuscript that had been written in the 1970s by his good friend, Ken ****, a man who had spent 13 years of his life, after retiring as a sheriff's deputy with the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department, researching and following up leads of Bigfoot sightings all over the country. Ken passed away before he had a chance to publish his manuscript, but before Mrs. Coons died, she gave the manuscript to Rick Wohlers and asked him if he would try to see that it was published.

I have published the last 10 or more of Joe Blakely's books, so he asked me if I would join him in the project.

The story of this chance meeting is presented below and was used as my introduction to the book.

We have just gotten a major review on the book that tells about how important Ken ****'s research still is, even to this day, and I'd like to share it on this forum.

Here is the introduction:

Introduction
by Pat Edwards

Whether or not you believe in the existence of Bigfoot, you will find this book fascinating. Ken **** truly believed in the work that he spent 13 years of his life doing. His research is detailed and compelling and he has certainly earned my respect.
    A career law enforcement officer with the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department until his retirement in 1973, Ken **** felt that he was qualified to interview those who reported sightings and determine if their stories were hoaxes. In this book, he presents his reasons:

Are we to believe that all of those loggers, hunters, fishermen, farmers, housewives, students, boy scouts, miners and all the others (who report Bigfoot sightings) are really just publicity-seeking liars? That is a pretty tall order even for a skeptical old cop like me...
        I like to believe that I learned something in a quarter century of law enforcement, and one of those things is the ability to interrogate intelligently. Policemen are lied to nearly every day and so, of necessity, must learn techniques of witness interrogation that aid in determining the facts.
        As most any good cop might do, immediately after hearing a Bigfoot story, I make it a point to learn what I can about the witness or witnesses. I may have offended some of the witnesses in so doing, but I have always felt it important to learn something of the witness’ reputation for honesty, sobriety and stability. The majority of the people in question
are residents of rural areas where a reputation as a liar, drunkard or screwball is not likely to be kept secret.
        In the great majority of cases, I have found the alleged witness to be of good reputation. In those few cases where I found otherwise, the story had sounded a little fishy, anyway.

Unfortunately, Ken was unable to find a publisher for his manuscript during his lifetime. Following his death, his widow, Beverly, entrusted the manuscript and the  accompanying M. Salyers Hamilton illustrations to Ken’s good friend, Rick Wohlers, asking him to try to get them published, if possible.
    In 2018, upon seeing that Oregon author, Joe Blakely, had written a series of four short novels featuring Bigfoot, Rick approached Joe to see if he would be interested in publishing Ken’s work. Joe said that he would see what he could do.
    The manuscript was not digitalized and the scans did not convert to Word well, so Joe approached me, his friend and publisher, to help him prepare the book. Our work was quite extensive and we were also left to locate family members for permission to clear any copyright issues.
    After a bit of detective work by Rick, Joe and me, we were finally able to locate a stepdaughter, Dianna Hussman, in California. Her mother had also passed away and as executor of both Ken’s and her mother’s estate, she issued us the permissions needed to publish the book under Ken’s name.
    Both Joe and I feel privileged to be able to honor the years of work—the dedication and honest belief—that Ken put into his manuscript.
    Whether, upon turning the last page, you accept his hypotheses as facts or even possibilities, or if you prefer to dismiss them as flawed, I am convinced that you, too, will respect the man and his work.

front-cover.jpg?w=276&h=373

I've always been interested in sasquatch. I have a particular interest in general primatology, but as we all know, most of my colleagues don't dare entertain the possibility of bigfoot's existence, save for the great Jane Goodall. I won't say primatologists should have an obligation to believe or attempt to seek these wonderful creatures, but I find it hard to believe that that anyone who loves the great apes wouldn't love there to be sixth great ape species. I have no doubt that the creature Patterson-Gimlin film was the unverified nonhuman ape we call bigfoot. I've seen a lot of great evidence since 1967, but nothing that I'm as certain about as I am with Patty. It's possible Patty could have been among the last of her kind, and if that's the case and these beautiful creatures are no more, it is a shame that they have come and gone without the respect science owes them. 

• Upvote 1
Guest formertrekker
On 12/29/2018 at 10:43 AM, WV FOOTER said:

Welcome to the Bigfoot Forums. Please use this area to tell us about yourself and briefly how you became interested in Bigfoot!

If you wish to post your BF encounters, experiences and stories, please do so in the appropriate threads- after you introduce yourself here. This is not the area for prolonged or continuous encounter reports because they will simply be deleted. If you need assistance, contact a moderator or administrator. 

Thanks and enjoy the forums.

Hi, from ottawa county. Live in middle of spook light country so I am interested in all unusual things out there.

Guest Caveroni

Hi everybody. I’m been fascinated by the possibility of Bigfoot since I was a kid. I like to read about as much evidence and first hand accounts as possible. I’m not convinced, but I am intrigued. 

Guest Streamrunner

Looking forward  to reading so many.     Accounts. So many things have happened to me. Glad to share that as time allows. Fr WI so looking forward to seeing and talking to people in the Midwest.

On 2/7/2020 at 4:27 AM, Venice said:

I've been interested in Sasquatch/Bigfoot/Yeti for decades and I continue to read a lot of reports online.  I doubt I will ever post because I have no first-hand information, but I would enjoy reading posts in the forum.

Feel free to chime in!  A fresh perspective is always welcome!

On 2/8/2020 at 7:33 PM, Deranged Gnome said:

John

Welcome!  Always interested in Georgia encounters!

• Upvote 1