The Ketchum Report

Guest slimwitless

TA DA!!

I believe I win the office pool on this one, thank you very much. Human mtDNA, human nuDNA....aka, modern human.

I take it you're of the opinion these "mutations" will ultimately be found to be within normal human ranges?

Admin

Description of Work: A film and/or documentary, narration or audio book, supporting photos and literary paper/document/book that will follow the The Sasquatch Project, the scientist and the scientific testing and proof for the existence of Sasquatch/ Bigfoot. Information will include discussion of results including A New Tribe of Living Humans, the complete Sasquatch mitochondrial genome sequence and nuclear DNA variations and text will show complete mitochondrial (mt) genome sequences were identified from DNA, analysis of the assembled sequence unequivocally establishes that the Sasquatch mtDNA falls inside the range of modern human mtDNAs and discussions of the origins thereof. The proof that the Sasquatch is not only the closest living human relative but is actually a contemporary living human. Also discussed is nuclear DNA testing performed on the same samples and the variations found in various genes including MC1R gene RUNX2 and FOXP2 as well as other targets genes involved in the perception of sound, transmission of nerve signals, the production of sperm and the lactase gene. Also discussed is how testing has ruled out ape cross and any ancient contributor and that Sasquatch is indeed a modern human with some genetic mutations accounting for their physical appearance. Also included are discussion of the history of samples and circumstances surrounding the acquisition, their testing, the circumstances surrounding the entire Sasquatch DNA Project. Documentary stars Melba Ketchum, et al

So this is NOT a peer reviewed scientific paper, but a "documentary" of her research, staring herself.

Somehow, I'm not too excited about it. Even Biscardi can make documentaries...

I thought I read somewhere she was releasing something like this in conjunction with a paper. Was that not the point of the others being involved?

Admin

Ah, so this might be the Erickson documentary, staring Ketchum... but where is the paper?

Edited by gigantor

So if this is Erickson starring Ketchum, if there is a paper she can't say a word or this can't be released until the submitted paper clears the journal. Geez what tangled webs we weave, yada yada yada. Confused. Perhaps no journal to whom the paper was submitted would accept it???

You mean to tell me they invested all of that money and time into this????? For this????

Instead of really trying to figure it out they took the low road and essentially turned it into a three ring circus?.....I thought the NDA was for research results not a freaking side show. If I were y'all I would be mad.

Seriously, is this a joke?

If not, well they can take their sweet little polymorphisms.... and I guess they can figure out what to do with them from there.

I'm not buying anything, not one red cent of mine is going to line the pockets of these people.

Parn, I got to hand it to you, you were absolutely 100% correct.

Any of you who feel you may have been taken to the cleaners/fleeced/fooled/hornswaggled/screwed/gypped/hosed/taken advantage of/fooled/ or otherwise sold a line of goods, line up on the right for your exit visas. The rest of you who are happy with this report, will be receiving offers regarding delightful parcels of land in Florida, and a chance to get in on a few selected chain letters.

Better keep your exit visa current Parn, remember , the hypothesis isn't even testable, unless you are missing something , like maybe you aren't looking at the final abstract there and have made certain assumptions.

http://cocatalog.loc.gov/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?v1=13&ti=1,13&Search_Arg=sasquatch&Search_Code=TALL&CNT=100&REC=0&RD=0&RC=0&PID=FUJDZwboJmYOgMhf4b1ThWaDod-&SEQ=20120124183809&SID=9

Application Title: Sasquatch: The Tribe Revealed

Title: Sasquatch: The Tribe Revealed

Copyright Claimant: Melba Stinnett Ketchum. Address: P O Box 455, Timpson, TX, 75975, United States.

Creation of Work Began: 2008-04-07 (Approximate)

Date of Anticipated Completion: 2011-06-22 (Approximate)

Projected Date of Publication: 2012-02-15 (Approximate)

Authorship on Application: Melba Stinnett Ketchum.

Description of Work: A film and/or documentary, narration or audio book, supporting photos and literary paper/document/book that will follow the The Sasquatch Project, the scientist and the scientific testing and proof for the existence of Sasquatch/ Bigfoot. Information will include discussion of results including A New Tribe of Living Humans, the complete Sasquatch mitochondrial genome sequence and nuclear DNA variations and text will show complete mitochondrial (mt) genome sequences were identified from DNA, analysis of the assembled sequence unequivocally establishes that the Sasquatch mtDNA falls inside the range of modern human mtDNAs and discussions of the origins thereof. The proof that the Sasquatch is not only the closest living human relative but is actually a contemporary living human. Also discussed is nuclear DNA testing performed on the same samples and the variations found in various genes including MC1R gene RUNX2 and FOXP2 as well as other targets genes involved in the perception of sound, transmission of nerve signals, the production of sperm and the lactase gene. Also discussed is how testing has ruled out ape cross and any ancient contributor and that Sasquatch is indeed a modern human with some genetic mutations accounting for their physical appearance. Also included are discussion of the history of samples and circumstances surrounding the acquisition, their testing, the circumstances surrounding the entire Sasquatch DNA Project. Documentary stars Melba Ketchum, et al

im just curious- the description/report shown above- how come when you click the link its something different...?

Just wondering where this came from....

Art..

Can you provide any evidence that anyone besides Adrian Erickson stands to profit from the footage he has obtained? I have seen at least a half dozen of your posts speculating that the delay or build up is some type of effort to boost DVD sales. Melba Ketchum and all of the other researchers involved have no rights to Erickson's footage, and have no reason to participate in a hype campaign to boost sales of his movie.

Yes, I can provide you evidence that Dr. Ketchum stands to profit from DVD sales. See previous posts. Unfortunately, I nailed this one.

So she copy righted a documentary, that probably goes with the paper,because obviously she wants to cash in on her work and impending announcement, and now we think because she did this we should feel we have been duped and betrayed when we don't even know if the paper exist or not? If the paper really is in, or going into embargo, then the press could release it prematurely,so would it not make sense to copy right the public presentation portion at this time?

What should we feel duped and betrayed about,endless hours of speculation and rumor we eagerly lap up here?

Modern human huh? That's... unexpected. :blink: Seems like it will be a hard-sell to sceptics who are just going to claim sample contamination.

So their appearance and habits are the result of mutations - how does that differ from evolution?