Minnesota Update Of Sorts(Shrug)

Guest Maggie

We have found tracks in the snow on 2 or 3 occasions, but they are really rare in winter, why I don't know. They were always the tracks of a lone individual. Maybe a loner male, or a hunter out and about while the rest of the clan is holed up somewhere.

They also may travel when they are sure the tracks will be coverred soon by falling snow whenever possible.

Sometimes we would find one or two good tracks, but no tracks leading to or from them. Another time snowmobiling, we found a long track way through a willow swamp, just off some railroad tracks. Minutes fresh, so we probably surprised it. It was still snowing hard, so they would have been obliterated in a few minutes, if we hadn't stumbled onto them. These tracks had melted snow in the bottom, turning to ice, that told me their body temp is much higher than ours. So I agree, they aren't bothered by the cold as much.

• Upvote 1

Very cool information from both of you :) Even though I have known about Sasquatch for a long time, it always seems like I have more questions than answers,lol. I love input from anyone else and find it fascinating actually.

I never considered that they would have a higher temperature than us? It makes sense and wonderful to keep learning something new! :)

Last night I was over at the family place and the windows were closed. I still heard a kind of moaning call that I have heard before. It was loud enough that I was able to hear it very clearly through the closed window.

I will be over there again tomorrow night but pretty sleep deprived after yesterday and today and have to get up and going early tomorrow morning, so I may crash and hear nothing,lol.

Now THIS is interesting. I hadn't said anything to my parents about what I heard Thursday night. I remembered last night to ask my mom about it last night. She gave me an odd look and told me to ask my dad about it.

Apparently the night after, he heard the same thing. (So that would be Friday night)

I know you said they havn't been getting any food or garbage on your property, how about un-used barns or farm buildings.

Do you have anything like that they could be using as a den?

I am really not sure? There are lots of woods around there, could be any number of places to make a den I suppose? This is a cluster of about six houses, I don't know if the neighbors have heard anything recently but will ask next time I get a chance. I will be back up there again on Friday night.

Well. Sigh. I had a chance to look for and take pictures of prints. Nothing but canine prints, though they are HUGE.. Maybe a wolf? That wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility. Too big for a coyote and what I heard was not in any way, shape or form, a dog.

Of courrse maybe the tracks aren't in any way related? I just don't know. I will continue to update as anything occurs.

I suppose another curious thing was how very close the tracks were to the house, under the porch, bedroom, bathroom and living room windows. Brave canine...or hungry,lol?

I know this isn't bigfoot related, just interesting!

• 4 months later...

Hello everybody. I was going to post this in the sightings/midwest thread, but it seems most of Minn. stuff is in here.

It has been awhile since I have experienced any activity that I would attribute to a BF. But that has changed sice, Easter Sunday afternoon.

My wife and I both work in a group home for people with traumatic brain injuries. It is a huge modern house set back in the woods by a game preserve, where I had my first sighting. The driveway is 1/2 mile long winding through the woods, with swamps and ponds scattered about. Neighbors on both sides, are at least a mile away on farms.

I work overnights there, and several times when out on the porch having a smoke, I would hear whoops, and wood knocks. I suspect that they are around or pass through occasionally. There are lots of vacant farm buildings all around, on this property and neighboring areas also. In addition, the lady that runs it, throws leftover food out on the patio to feed the wildlife. We have had wolves, bobcats, coyotes, etc. as regular feeders all winter.

The night before Easter, I had heard something big run through the woods in back of the house. I had a window open, and heard it clearly from all the dried leaves. It could have been a wolf, but sounded too heavy, and bi-pedal. It was definately too heavy for a deer.

The next afternoon, Easter, I was dropping my wife off at work, it was about 2:30 in the afternoon, and a co-worker was outside and came to the car to chat. As I waited for them to get to the car, I stared out the end of the driveway into the woods.

I thought I saw a perfect looking head, left shoulder, and part of the left arm, peaking around a tree, about 50 yards in front of me. I looked at it for several minutes, noting that it was lighter tan colored like cattails, rather than the grey/black bark of a tree. But the hair was in thick clumps that gave it a bark-like look. I wondered how I hadn't noticed it before, because it looked so much like a head peeking. My wife and the co-worker wondered what I was looking at, and I turned to tell them I saw something peeking around a tree. They asked where, and turned to look also, and when I looked back, it was gone.

Nothing confirmed, except my suspicions, and the fact that this head was about 8 feet from the ground. Still a little too far to get good detail. But I will be more vigilant now, and report any other activity, I think is relevent.

No, I guess we were kind of in shock, and too scared to walk that far in the woods. Of course tracks are gone now, but we talked about doing a size comparison the next time we are out there in daylight. It may not have been 50 yards, or 8 ft. tall. I've always been bad at visual estimates.

Guest Maggie

Very cool mesabe!!! Keep updating! :)

I haven't heard or seen anything, sasquatch or otherwise, since Thanksgiving. Of course now that it is spring, the chances

are probably a bit better?

I have a Cane Corso (Italian Mastiff) I was able to hold him in the palm of my hand when I first got him now he weights 125 pounds.

He has not yet been out to the family place when anything has happened. I am curious how he will react though I expect he will

do like just about any other dog I have had when put in that situation,lol.

I also have just rescued a blue heeler but at this point she is scared of her own shadow, poor girl. :(

Hi Maggie, I haven't been able to be out there in daylight yet for the size comparison. I work the 3rd shift there, and no way am I walking through them woods at night. Nobody else will either, and it takes 2 to do the comparison. The terrain is too treacherous.  I have eyeballed the tree some more and I do think it was close to the 7 ft. mark and then was slightly bent over..

Wow Cane Corso, and blue heeler two of my favorites. Usually very good fearless dogs. I've had several blue heelers over the yrs. they were excellent all around dogs on the ranch. A friend of mine was raisng Cane Corsos a while back and I loved them. Hopefully your heeler will help the Cane stay active and avoid obesity.

Guest Maggie

I hope so too! My Cane Corso can be kind of lazy,lol. The blue heeler, I was her last shot before being put down. :(  I think though she is liking my place and warming up to me bit by bit. My dad says they are one person dogs, so time will tell. I know she likes hamburger.:) Generally food will do it. :)

I was up at the family place last night, there weren't any noises during the night and that in itself is strange...what I HAVE noticed is that when the coyotes are quiet, there is generally something around. I don't have any idea if that is the case with all places, it's just something I have noticed over the years at the family place.

Night-time is generally very noisy out there.

Good luck with the heeler. She probly needs an extra shot of TLC, who knows what situation she may have come from.

Come to think of it they do seem like one person or family dogs. My daughter's, was bonded to her, but it would herd hogs for me when needed. The other we had belonged to my son-in-laws, father before he died. He did pretty much mope around the homestead obviously missing his prev. owner. Eventually his wife took him back. We had 3 others that were heeler crossed with border collies, and a shelty. They were all good dogs that herded horses, cattle, hogs, etc. Two of them would have made excellent bear dogs, as they were fearless, and anxious to get at them.

My buddie's Cane Corso's just laid around alot, and didn't get much exercise. I'm not sure if it is a breed trait, or mastiffs in general. He had a hard time keeping the weight down. I think if you can give a dog a purpose, they are much happier. Just patrolling the perimiter, or walking to get the mail etc. Smart dogs pick up on what's expected of them, and try to please you.

I understand what you mean when it's too quiet. Kinda makes you nervous.

• salubrious unlocked this topic