Minnesota Update Of Sorts(Shrug)

Guest Maggie

Guest Maggie

Well, she is very slowly warming up, mainly with bribes aka treats,lol. I think it will take a long time for her to completely come around.

Oh wow, you have my Cane Corso PEGGED! He has short bursts of energy but if he can try to sit on my lap or lay across my legs, that 

is what he prefers.:)  

It's been nice and warm here the past few days but since it is too early for ac, I have put a fan in the bedroom window (upstairs, now 

this is at my house, not the family place.)

Early this morning around 3 am I woke up to a pretty bad odor. Since I had just been pulled from sleep, I lay there and listened but

didn't hear anything and it was gone within a couple of minutes.

I have smelled what I believed might be a Sas different times before but this was kind of different, more body odor ala musty.

Anyway, weird.

Guest Maggie

I was just thinking about the "too quiet" subject. My middle daughter had been up from Chicago in September, my parents were on vacation and I stayed a couple nights out at the family place with her. Since being in Chicago, when she comes back to Minnesota she likes to look up at the stars. The first night was great, just talking, catching up, regular night noises. The second night, it's hard to describe but the hair rose up on the back of my neck the minute I stepped out the door. It was eerily silent and I think we were only out there for 10 or 15 minutes.

Of course I know that doesn't mean it was necessarily a Sas, BUT I believe at those times there is something around and all the other creatures know it.

LOL, while I am on the Sas subject...I know I have talked about this before but I never heard someone else describe it the same way until recently. It was about what they thought was a Sas making a noise like a rooster.

That was one of my earlier experiences out at the family place, I was around 16 years old,it was a deep "voice" (if you want to call it that?). I think it was on one of the posts in the General Bigfoot discussions. I read it and had to smile at how accurate the description was.

It also brought back memories of me being the only one with a downstairs bedroom and wishing like hell when I heard this things that I still shared the big bedroom upstairs with my sisters,lol.

Well, went back to see if I can find it, but I must be mistaken in it being on this site? Ah well.

• 1 month later...
Guest Maggie

Well, they are still around. I was at the family place on Friday night, woke up to hear two of them calling back and forth. I have heard either these same two I think before with their calling. 

That's encouraging Maggie, and another coincidence.

In the woods where I work, when I'm out on the deck at night for a smoke, I have been hearing calls as well. Usually during the wee hrs. before daylight, and sporadically. They usually set the neighborhood dogs on high alert. They are too far away to hear clearly, but don't sound like coyotes, or the occasional wolf we hear at times.

They also don't sound like a fox or any type of cat, or bird. To me they sound like a wild ape yell, with a little bit of human mixed in.

I haven't been at work during the day yet, with someone to help with the size analysis of the tree, where I thought one was peaking at us. But just from eyeballing it, it looks well over the 6 ft. range, more like between 7 - 8 ft.

keep us posted as to any other suspected activity. Thanks. mesabe

Guest Maggie

Nice!!! I have always thought they sounded like an "ape" yell too when I hear these calls. They also imitate and the biggest tip off there is that it doesn't sound completely like what it is meant to, maybe because of coming from a huge set of lungs?

At the family place the neighbors in front and back have small dogs and it did set them off.

Hey Maggie, just popped in to check on things. Glad to see you posting! Thanks for sharing your  experiences...Keep them coming!

Maggie's situations are located in SE Minn. the various cities and towns are mentioned in page one of this thread. Mine are happening 30 to 40 miles north of the Twin Cities, from Cambridge down to tha Carlos Avery game preserve. (not sure if it is still called that) There are also discussions in this thread of the St. Croix river area, and other locations also.

Guest Squatchologist

Thank you Mesabe, I am in East Bethel, grew up in Ham Lake ( I know this area well). It is still called Carlos Avery WMA (wildlife management area) actually have a friend whos backyard butts up to Carlos. I am very interested now and will have to read all 9 pages. I am actually building a brand new house in East Bethel, that is on a fully wooded lot.

And actually on the topic of CA, i know someone who found 15 inch tracks in there in the 90's

cool you live about 5 mi. away from me. About ten yrs. ago, there was alot of unexplained activity in the surrounding areas. whitnessed and talked about by alot of people from various backgrounds. Then I think development ruined it. All the new house building along the Rum River may have cut them off from an old travel route that was used alot. We had alot of activity in our neighborhood, now little if any. I took photos of some 17.5" x 8.5"  tracks found on our property. (I live off the Rum) The link to the photos are in Big Tex's thread, need help in Texas in this same forum.

My first sighting was in 2003 (I think) while cutting through CA on my way to work one morning. Not too far from Cooper's Corner. lol

Guest Squatchologist

lol i know coopers corner very well, where i will be building is not to far really for coopers corner, there is a new WMA called Mallard Marsh, i will be close to that. 40 acres of trees behind me, and id say atleast 60 to the north of me, mine will only be 3. My mother in-law lives on the rum, just north of St Francis. Very cool to hear these stories of basically my backyard.

Guest Maggie

Good to see people posting, sorry I didn't see this before answering, thanks mesabe!! :)

Headed out to the family place again on Friday evening so will update if anything else occurs.

Like I have mentioned previously, by far the time we have the most activity is late summer into fall, but some in the spring

and sporadic events during the summer and winter.

Guest Maggie

Back from the family place. I was wiped out so didn't hear anything last night. I think the world could have been ending and I wouldn't have heard it,lol.  Ah well, there are other times. One thing is that I have heard the "whoop" noise more often in May than other times. Not that I know what that means!! 

• salubrious unlocked this topic