Minnesota Update Of Sorts(Shrug)

Guest Maggie

Yes, the tracks will be almost directly in line with each other if its walking straight. Bring your camera!

Oh- its supposed to be **raining** this weekend....

Yeah, needless to say, after the warmer weather and rain, there were no tracks to be seen in "snow" and the ground around the family place wasn't muddy so didn't bother to check. I guess I have got so used to the fact that they ARE there and really, that is good enough for me....

It's snowing like crazy now, and you are far enough south to be in the thick of it. If you get out there, bring your camera!

Have a nice holiday!

On Sunday night heard some further off "whoops" (not sure how else to describe them????), then last night they went on for some time. I woke my Dad because he had been scoffing(actually more denial because it is "safe" for him not to know.) and saying I wasn't hearing anything unusual. As long a time as it was going on, I thought "well, he might be pissed at being shaken awake....but why the f not?" It was worth it to see the look on his face.:) Though I was spot on at his first reaction,lol. Some years there has been sparse activity, this year has definitely been more.

Hello Maggie. Great reading and sounds like there is some wonderful activity going on.

I was wondering if you are in contact with anyone who is actively researching the encounters? The reason I ask is because I'm with a group here in Minnesota that does just that and would like to offer up our services if that is something you possibly desire. If yes, then I can be reached through the link in my signature by submitting a report. If that is something you don't desire, I completely understand and will not pursue it further.

Our group has researched other reports in that area, so it doesn't surprise me that this is happening. Once again, great stuff. Take care and let me know if you have questions. Please send me a PM if you have specific questions. Thanks.

Todd

Hi Todd and thanks!! The only researcher I have really talked about this some is treeknocker (Dan) on these forums but we have never done any formal research. I think it would be a great idea!! The other place I am inclined to believe there is a lot of activity is John A. Latch state park between here and Winona, which doesn't surprise me because of this forum, I have recently heard there was activity around Alma, Wisconsin.

For the LONGEST time, especially growing up and as a young woman, I was pretty frustrated because it didn't seem as if anyone else in the area was having experiences but I was persistent and dug up whatever I could,lol, as years went on, in addition to personal and family experiences. Fascinating stuff.

Will PM you this week and it's good to know there is a local research group!!:)

Hi Todd/Maggie if you could PM me too I would be interested. I have some training in tracking and I know the area pretty well.

Well, I don't have any problem with that.:) I haven't made a report yet but plan to this week. I personally think it would be great to have someone help research that knows the area. I grew up around here but I can't say I have ever been much of a woods person,lol.

I was kind of thrown into believing from experiences and that is what led to my interest. I haven't actively gone into the forest actually SEEKING them. Someone who is familiar with being in the woods would definitely be needed in my opinion.

NOT that I haven't learned ANYTHING over the many years this type of thing has been going on, I am just not confident I could do what needs to be accomplished. (I hope that makes sense.) However, I can point someone in the right direction.

Hi Todd/Maggie if you could PM me too I would be interested. I have some training in tracking and I know the area pretty well.

No problem.

Maggie-

These reports are very helpful to us to determine population pockets of family units throughout the state. We know of many but are always looking for more information. Looking forward to reading your report. Thanks

I am going to do this today, basic details, but it would take more than one report to document 40 plus years? Over time with this forum and the old one, I have posted most of it. I say most of it because just when I think I have it ALL, someone will remember some other smaller incident.

Okay, I did it. Just the basics as the when it started up to present day, first incidents and most recent.

Guest Maggie

In the past week my youngest son (who has been staying out at the family place during college Christmas vacation), says he has heard what he thought MIGHT be an owl but says he thinks it was way too loud. I was there last night but didn't hear anything.

Maggie-

Do you own a digital voice recording device? If yes, I would suggest leaving it out over night and see if you get lucky enough to record something interesting If no, they can be picked up pretty cheap. I got mine for less than $25.

• salubrious unlocked this topic