Why Cover Up Big Foot?

Guest Grifter9931

But DNA tests on the 140-pound animal, believed to be two to five years old, matched the genetic structure of the mountain lion population in the Black Hills region of South Dakota, officials said

:rolleyes:

Typical conspiracy theorist logic. If the evidence does fit not the conspiracy then the messengers most be a part of the conspiracy.

Edited by Jerrymanderer

Guest Cervelo

Perhaps you are attributing modern human psychology to squatch, which would be erroneous. Taking, that you are attacking this issue from the angle that they are a type of human.

Their mentality can be completely different from ours, indeed in seeing that they do not dominate this continent is proof of this.

On another page...perhaps they DO believe they dominate this continent.

Have you ever driven a long road trip? If you have, as I done a week ago, you perhaps notice that there are extremely large patches of land where people do not live. I'd wager that there is more land not settled by civilization than settled.

My road trip was from Florida to Louisiana and back. I have to say that there were vast areas right along the highway that you can tell people do not go there or at the most only the rare hunter. When I say go there, I'm talking about more than several hundred yards from the highway since there is a fence among most of the way. I saw some places that were down right scary!

If squatch adapted to thrive in this wild environment...and have the mental capacity to think this...they may not be aware WE dominate this continent? Their point of view maybe the soft hairless people have built a lot of shelter in spots...but we haven't tipped the scales past 70/30? We have huge cities, but right outside these cities there is vast wilderness.

No modern psychology applied in this case.

I drive about 20,000 to 40,000 miles a year across NE North Carolina, Va and eastern WVa. I do get to see some open country.

Took this little trip a couple of years ago

Richmond Va to Voyageurs NP (3days backcountry) then to Yellowstone NP (5days backcountry), Badlands NP (2days backcountry)

Then back to Richmond Va 5500 miles total

So yes I've seen a little open country.

Did the Vouyagers NP trip again last year spent 5 days backcountry it's an awesome place highly recommend it!

014FE8DD-4778-4BFE-82E8-3185D18D56B3-106

A9EB270E-5A49-48F5-BD48-7CA824363255-106

8948875E-90CA-4454-B550-D0F83D4DEF26-106

Not sure if you really wanted or expected an answer but I've got plenty more "woodsmen resume" if that's what your asking :)

So far in my 53 yrs and having spent a significant amount of my freetime in the woods I've seen nothing to indicate such a creature exist.

I'm looking but nothing so far :(

FYI

http://www.backpacker.com/september_08_destination_nowhere_yellowstone_most_remote_spot/articles/12566?page=2

According to this article your never more than 25 miles from a road in the continental US.

Edited by Cervelo
Language

Guest LarryP

Larry, we're still waiting for your evidence that the government wants to exterminate bigfoot.

Who specifically is this "we're" you're referring to?

What I said was, if the government could exterminate BF,  it would have already done so.

As the recent news has highlighted quite clearly, there is nothing the government hates more than something which it cannot surveil and thus control.

Who specifically is this "we're" you're referring to?

Top of page 6 Larry, there's a list of people asking you to back your claim. How did you miss that?

What I said was, if the government could exterminate BF,  it would have already done so.

No Larry, what you said was this:

"there are elements within the government that would have exterminated Bigfoot decades ago if they had the ability to do so.

The fact that they know they cannot is the reason why they deny their existence."

You made the claim as being factual, not hypothetical..

What elements of the government were you referring to? How did you conclude it was factual?

Edited by roguefooter

Guest LarryP

"if the government could exterminate BF, it would have already done so"

=

"there are elements within the government that would have exterminated Bigfoot decades ago if they had the ability to do so".

You are correct,  that was not a hypothetical statement.

Guest LarryP

Yes, Watergate.

So in your opinion the only conspiracy that's ever been proven regarding the US government was Watergate?

Hello All,

It's been a while since I've posted anything on the Discussion Forum but This thread is interesting And I'll tell you why. It's not so much that The U'S' government would like to exterminate Sasquatch as that would be tough to do without folks knowing about it. With so many in the woods for a variety of reasons and all those folks that live around the areas where the Animal is supposedly living it would be a logistics nightmare to keep such a program under wraps. The government would have to drum up some cover story like exterminating bears because they are carrying some deadly virus like those folks did when millions of chickens were slaughtered in Southeast Asia for the Bird Flu epidemic.

But there is something to be said nonetheless regarding the project I'm currently immersed in. That being a revamping of the extensive John Green Bigfoot Database. There are nearly three thousand reports that had been logged with just about every possible detail known to man. I am in absolute awe of John's efforts over the thirty odd years that he spent compiling the data. But when I first looked at it a couple of months back I couldn't make sense of it. For one thing the key to the whole thing was missing. All the identifiers for each category was not part of the download which is free here:

http://www.sasquatchdatabase.com/

Without the field descriptions one simply cannot do a thing with the wealth of data from the website. A member here, rhellis38, posted a link to the list of headers for database but even after installing them there are serious problems. I did a trial sort of the information and the jumbled mess that came out gave me the rude awakening that there was something afoul with the program. It lay in the distribution of the data itself. It almost looked like after someone removed the headers they then scrambled the thousands of tiny bits of information in such a way that even with the headers little could be done to understand what was there.

I have spent the better part of the last two weeks trying to sort it out by shifting bits of information back and forth in any of the 2,700 plus rows in the effort to realign the data under the proper headers so that a researcher can actually use the thing. I thought that since this was a sort of conspiracy driven thread that it would be a good place for me to cry foul! Anyway, the whole thing with Bigfoot is keeping 99.9% of the population too scared to go into the forest as it is. Probably just as well as the woods are being trampled enough IMHO. Also you can always count on Hollywood to do Uncle Sam's bidding. If you don't think so go onto a UFO Forum and see what Hollywood has done to THOSE poor folks for the last 60 years LOL.

Rant over.

Edited by hiflier

Hello ThePhaige,

No not really, I mean like some story that would cover taking large furry beasts out of the forest and burning the carcasses in a heap. Although for the life of me I can't see the reason for a war on Sasquatch. Unless the discovery of their existence by the public would put the kibosh on any future developement of resources or the wood industry or oil exploration and extraction. The spotted owl alone cost the wood industry millions. Oh yeah, and then there's the entire vacation to the mountains and the campgrounds and the snow ski buffs. The economic list is huge and the revenue is something the U.S. can ill afford to lose. Yep our Hairy Friend could be a real problem if it was let out of the bag so to speak.

Hello will,

How are you? Well I hope. You made me laugh WRT to Monica. Now that I think of it though, we didn't go to Iraq because of dear Monica if anyone wants to talk coverups. For the life of me I simply cannot help but wonder where those nuclear weapons went that Saddam had hidden over there. I'd ask him but he's dead. Nobody can ask him now.

Edited by hiflier

"if the government could exterminate BF, it would have already done so"

=

"there are elements within the government that would have exterminated Bigfoot decades ago if they had the ability to do so".

You are correct,  that was not a hypothetical statement.

You conveniently left out the rest of your quote:

"there are elements within the government that would have exterminated Bigfoot decades ago if they had the ability to do so.

The fact that they know they cannot is the reason why they deny their existence."

Stating it as fact is not being hypothetical. Quote mining yourself now, Larry?

Edited by roguefooter