Eyeglow Encounters

In my case I did not see the being with the glowing eyes.

And THAT was the question I asked ToeJam a few posts back that he's never answered, because if I'm understanding his posts from other threads, he's never claimed to actually see a 'bigfoot'... so, just as with your case, if you've never seen a body, yet you assume the 'glow' you saw were *eyes*, is there not a rational, plausibility that what ever you saw *glowing* may have been something other than "eyes"? If you can't confirm there's a body in the first place, can a person determine that the glowing objects were indeed "eyes"?

well they were eyes, they had the shape of an eye and they had pupils. They were spaced apart father than any known animal around here could have. They were looking at me from below where there could be nothing sitting on a branch or a rock. It was a overhang, a rock shelter. If there was no animal they were floating eyes in the air.

I have several books filled with historical incidents from our region (NY and N. England).. where sometimes large nocturnal shapes, and shadow figures were seen with glowing red eyes. Sometimes, the sightings were good enough to varify the subjects as an unknown creature (AKA sasquatch). I'm not sure of the details of every sighting (they were not provided) if there was any ambient light source shined on the eyes of the figure or creature. In some cases there was,in others, there wasn't.

Only thing I have... to make me consider and suspect it could be a moving sasquatch (in my incidents), are the factors that accompanied both incidents.

In one incident, dirty wet dog-like smells persisted, and tree twists were found (one tree twisted off) , and interesting audio was recorded.

In the other, a human like track was found and cast (the next day) by another member. Forgive me please, for putting you on the spot here, Melissa :) ... but was wondering if you remembered our member showing you the cast this past May, in NY ? If you do, did it look like it was made by a large woods wandering human (14" x 5 size) or just not info enough to determine anything ? Thanks, if you could give your opinion, based on what you've seen before in the field, or from others. At least, if it was consistent with other unknown large prints cast.

I have worked a bit with a witness, that saw a large figure in his camp, that yelled loudly at him. He saw the outline of it, and had enough light from inside the camp.. to see an ape - like face and general outline of the body. The eyes were described to me "like large dark pools". There was no eye glow.

Does that make his incident... less or more credible, than folks that have seen some form of eye glow at night ?

Here We are.. some of us driving around the forest in trucks, hoping to find out more about 500 lb apemen that are not supposed to exist... but still doubt what each other has witnessed, on a cyber BF forum ? Point being... we still haven't a good clue, what is a "normal" sighting, and what is too fantastic.. for even us, to adsorb.

No, I don't have a mouse in my pocket, when typing "We".

Sasfooty the flashes I am refering to here are not from the eyes. This is a bright flash. It literally lights up my living room enough that I can see my shadow on the wall. The flashes are coming from about 275-300 feet away. I find it hard to believe they are related to BF even though the flashes and the BF sightings both started the same year. The flashes are coming from some thick brush on the opposite side of the valley. There is nothing over there but brush. I went over to investigate to see if it was some type of beacon, but could find nothing. The brush was so thick I had to crawl on my hands and knees to get to the spot.

I had a similar experience while on an outing this past fall. out of the corner of my eye, about 200 yds in the bottom of a valley, a light flash occurred. Like a dull flash bulb. Lit up an area in the valley floor for but a fraction of a second.

One of my pals saw it as well. We stopped and took an observational approach, no other flashes, sounds, or the like. Just a weird experience that I for one cannot explain. Lots of mundane explanations, but kind of weird coincidence if the mudane is involved.

I had a similar experience while on an outing this past fall. out of the corner of my eye, about 200 yds in the bottom of a valley, a light flash occurred. Like a dull flash bulb. Lit up an area in the valley floor for but a fraction of a second.

One of my pals saw it as well. We stopped and took an observational approach, no other flashes, sounds, or the like. Just a weird experience that I for one cannot explain. Lots of mundane explanations, but kind of weird coincidence if the mudane is involved.

That is what mine looked like. At first I thought somebody was just outside my picture window with a flash cube taking pictures of me. It lit up my living room. Only when it got lighter out did I realize it was coming from across the valley about 100-150 yards away.

And therein lies the disconnect. Why would a biological being, running thru a woods, create odd light annomolies? What is the rational basis for it?

So squirrels? Do rabbits? Do <fill in the blank> do this? There is no basis in nature to believe a likely primate would do so either, so why connect the two? The likely answer is that this is other phenomenon at work that creates "lights in the forest", rather than undocumented animals.

I will agree that eye glow from a BF seems to be unlikely from an evolutionary perspective. However, I bet with a little thought we could come up with similar or even more far fetched evolutionary oddities that we know exist. I will start with an electric eel as one such example that I would never believe until shocked by one.

Edited by NCBRR

Guest toejam

I will agree that eye glow from a BF seems to be unlikely from an evolutionary perspective. However, I bet with a little thought I bet we could come up with similar or even more far fetched evolutionary oddities that we know exist. I will start with an electric eel as one such example that I would never believe until shocked by one.

Can't recall which thread but I know someone mentioned this awhile back and gave a lengthy list of extreme oddities in nature.

bored today and found an episode of FB on youtube. I haven't seen but three total, all this season. This is from a past season, and it starts with an eye shine video that the team ends up with a disagreement about, what is interesting is, if Rene feels it was at the branch then a measurement between the eyes would be informative, didn't see that as part of the analysis......!

..and ended up skipping through...don't know the back story here either... but, maybe you are bored today too, no DNA paper and 100 submitters to read!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQrL1wuZQPI

Edited by apehuman

So efficient! Thanks! I will read it while I watch Big Bang..via CBS internet.. and yes, there it is...with all the uncertainties estimates...

good for Cliff, who must do this for each show? I haven't finished, but trying to imagine the big barn owls here, is three inches typical not for the smaller ones.....well, well...probably should have stuck the show out. And if I search imagine I can find a known owl shot with a Sony handycam....and does it compare? Ahhh, ...thanks! if I weren't so lazy/cold tonight I would go find that owl nest (great horned, so pretty big) I know and try and film one with my Sony in Nightshot with IR and without....but, it is now on my list for the eyeshine group.as a to do.

Edited by apehuman

This is the female (? I don't actually know, both parents seemed around a lot) with two little ones last spring. I am about 50' from the nest and it is about 17' off the ground. It is next to the garden and have seen her feed them with voles and also when they were bigger she would throw the rodent on the ground and they would fly down and fight for it. This is off topic, sorry. So, that is the hard work, I guess? I have a known owl here and I should try and film on moonless night with the IR mode and with the IR source light turned off. Anyone have such already here?

post-2892-0-86064200-1357526125_thumb.jp

Edited by apehuman

bored today and found an episode of FB on youtube. I haven't seen but three total, all this season. This is from a past season, and it starts with an eye shine video that the team ends up with a disagreement about, what is interesting is, if Rene feels it was at the branch then a measurement between the eyes would be informative, didn't see that as part of the analysis......!

..and ended up skipping through...don't know the back story here either... but, maybe you are bored today too, no DNA paper and 100 submitters to read!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQrL1wuZQPI

Well she is no naturalist. If it was an owl on a branch that wasn't there anymore, they should have looked for the branch scar. If there was a branch there, there would be a scar where it was.

Guest thermalman

What puzzles me, is the fact that eyeshine is not consistent with BF sightings? One would think, if it was a trait of the species, that all or none would be consistently noticeable? Much like the electric eel.

Yeah I hear ya, and yet in my case it did seem they had control over it and I only saw it on the darkest nights.....so, if you are using a flashlight or some lights about or full moon it may not be required for them? Also, when you are staring in the darkness a few hours, even a small "light" seems bright, and if a fire close one misses it.... I suggest we all spend more time with eyes adjusted and lights out. on dark nights....(it gets boring!) and we may find the witness increases...

or as many say there are more than one species? But all my data matches typical BF data....and this witness matches some others with similar other data....so it is a mystery and "real"...but ???

Edited by apehuman

I had a possible eye shine incident the other day and I don't know what it was. My friend M. and I were out doing our bigfooting thing and stopped on our way back into town near my original site, as close as we could get, considering trying to rustle up some activity but decided against it because of the extremely dense fog. Pea soup. Anyway, we were sitting talking and started noticing lights -which I now see must have been on our side of the river and in the trees. There were four and they both winked in and out and shone bright and faded in and out. M made a joke about UFO's and we left thereafter kinda freaked out, but I've been wondering about them since. They were white - and far apart, and there were four of them. Not possum or raccoon, then. Maybe owl? The other possibility might be two bigfoots in a tree, because it is right near the original site and near a possible den location that I want someone besides me to check out. Do either owls or bigfoot have white eye shine? Anyway, it was creepy either way.

Edited by madison5716