Bigfoot Beheads People?

I don't wanna derail, so I'm not going to comment.

I just will say that you will find, with a google search, 2 of those things have been found many years apart by different folks.

Depends on *how* you voted if the intended goal was to make America a better place.

I definitely voted correctly, and my vote counted:) I am very happy on how well things went for the country. 

The great state of Maine is said to be holder of over 17 million acres of trees. It is a sparsely populated state with lots of trees. In 1895, a lumber jack arrived in the town of New Bangor with terrifying tales a wild man of animal strength lurking in the woods. Huge numbers of lumber workers fled their campsite and returned home rather than deal with the "monster." It was said numbers of men have disappeared and their bodies when or if found, were found mangled and ripped and torn.

Cotter, from the photo it almost looks like a bronze or brass figurine ....

Can you find the news article? 

It was reported when Erickson, the Viking, arrived on the east coast, they saw bigfoots.

Here's an article I found and posted some time ago on another thread - regarding the Maine event of 1895

From:  The Call -   San Francisco, California  November 27, 1895

A TERROR IN THE WOODS

Great Consternation Caused by
                                                                        the Deeds of a Wild Man.
                                                                               ____________
                                                                 Unlucky Lumbermen Slain and Their
                                                                Bodies Mangled in a Shocking Manner.
                                                                              ______________
 BANGOR, Me. Nov. 26 ---    
                             A lumberman who returned today from the forest in the north of the State brings the most harrowing intelligence of the doings
 of a wild man in the lumber region of the west branch.  He states that great consternation has been caused  and a large number of lumbermen
 have left the camps and returned to their cities rather than face the monster. For over two months quite a number of men have disappeared from
 the camps and when found, bore the semblance of having had an encounter with some wild animal, their bodies, in every instance, having been
 terribly mangled and torn.

A lumberman who returned to a camp, a little north of this city a week ago, startled all by stating that while at work,
he had been attacked by this wild man, and it was only by the help of his ax that he had been able to defend himself from the murderous attacks.
 Since that time, he has been seen by the crews several times, but on their approach he fled into the deep woods with the speed of a deer.

He is described as being so nearly like an animal that it is almost impossible to detect him from one.  He has a long shaggy beard, and is
 covered with a huge skin coat.  The general belief is that he is a sportsman who has become lost in the deep forests, and after wandering around
 for weeks has gone hopelessly crazy, and already there has been over a half dozen instances of a similar character in the State.
   The crews of the lumbering camps are out hunting for the man and hope by shooting him in the leg to effect his capture.

Hello George, Leif Erickson, the Viking prince of Scandinavia. I think that would be around the year 983 or 986? They referred to Bigfoot as: Bukwas or woods people. The Vikings scared the daylights out of the Roman Legions and actually developed some of the best battlefield tactics to defeat them and their chariot drawn groups. One of the best books I ever read was "Maneaters," dealing with Vikings as their subject.

Here is the short version of the Maine incident:

"For over two months quite a number of men have disappeared from the camps and when found bore the semblance of having had an encounter with some wild animal, their bodies in every instance having been terribly mangled and torn. A lumberman who returned to a camp a little north of this city a week ago startled all by stating that while at work he had been attacked by this wild man, and it was only by the help of his ax he had been able to defend himself from the murderous attacks. Since that time he has been seen by the crews several times, but on their approach he fled into the deep woods with the speed of a deer. He is described as being so nearly like an animal that it is almost impossible to detect him from one."

The Call, November 27, 1895, San Francisco, California  

HairyWildMan and Gumshoe, With all of these attacks throughout history regarding this species, why are they still considered a myth? 

It just boggles my mind that they are still unknown and unrecognized, and continue to harvest humans as an easy foodsource. 

It bothers me about the kids and parents who go missing, and *no* one in the know will admit the truth.

So people die horrific deaths because BF is a myth. 

I sincerely hope that when they are finally acknowledged that the family members of the victims will ask why it took so long for the truth to be revealed.

Who me? I'm too old? Lol ... Naw I am not interested in that sort of thing ... But someone else here might do that though.

I have enough coals in the fire now ...

Too old is when you are dead and buried. You are only now at the right age to think about helping me reveal their reality to save human lives. You have time, a computer, and me hounding you;)

What else could you ask for?

Added: Are your "coals" really that hot? If so, I do understand, but it would be great to have some idea how to get the word out without hubby being upset about me getting unwanted attention.

Edited by SweetSusiq

Cotter I think I seem something small and skeletal like that on Steven Quayles Giants website. The photo I seen was probably as small but it was bleached white like one expect to see skeletal remains. That photo you posted could very well be the same under different lighting, or different one all together. I find it hard to believe there isn't more than one those specimens somewhere with some people. If there is one in all likelihood there are more.  

As I mentioned before, I seem to be surprised with what is discovered. Good, bad or in between. We live in a big World full of surprises and one would almost have to be naïve to believe we are the only beings to determine what is possible or not. Is it possible we are but a single spoke in massive wheel in the grand scheme of things? I believe I am at least partially correct in that assumption since every year there are new plantlife, animals and other creatures being discovered, previously unknown to man or science.  

Welcome aboard Wild Hairy Man! Hope to see you posting more ...

SSQ - Naw, Too old is when you drive by the local funeral home and see your name on the marquee .... Lol   

Edited by Gumshoeye

Here in this next example of strangeness comes a monkey with tusks .... Yes a monkey with tusk .... I have never seen a primate with tusks have you? And of course, it is explained away as a fugitive from the zoo or circus. I want to tell you I probably read that a couple dozen times. Blaming and accusing gorillas and monkeys of fleeing circuses and zoo's, you think those places would still be allowed to function if that many animals escaped from them? On the other hand I if were out on a walk minding my own business of course, and happen to come upon a monkey with protruding tusks, I would think I would have a very clear memory of that encounter. Anyways here is the monkey with tusks:  

January 1896

Muncie, Indiana

An animal that walks on all fours or stands erect at pleasure has been terrorizing the sparsely settled neighborhood on the outskirts of the town. The animal is said to resemble a small man, and to have tusks, and is probably a monkey escaped from a circus.

Source: Lexington Morning Herald, Lexington, Kentucky January 3, 1896

SSQ -  You will, no doubt, find this report a bit disturbing but it falls in line with the brutality level of the pulling off heads. A wild man in West Virginia that was almost as brutal.

From:  The Record-Union  -  Sacramento, California  November 22, 1883

Acts of a Madman.

Chicago, November 23d. --                      The Tribune's Pittsburg special of the 21st says:

" For some time, the citizens of the south part of Ohio county, W. Va., about twenty miles from Wheeling, have been tryng to capture a strange man
 who occasionally made his appearance at isolated homesteads, generally in the absence of the man of the house, and by brandishing a large club
 terrorizing the women folks into giving him food. He always appeared dressed in skins, and was never known to speak. He was of gigantic stature and
 ferocious aspect, and had been a terror to the community.  Several attempts have been made to capture him, but without success. It is supposed he
 lives in one of the many caves in the vicinity. This morning he went to the house of George Powell, soon after that gentleman had gone to his work.
 Howling like a wild beast and frothing at the mouth, he attacked Mrs. Powell with his club, fracturing her skull and otherwise injuring her.  He then
 picked up her only child, a boy about five years of age, and darted into the woods, carrying it screaming in his arms.  A neighbor passing the house
shortly afterward found Mrs. Powell in a critical condition, but able to tell what had happened.    A man started at once for the nearest town and
 organized a party to pursue the strange creature and rescue the child.  They soon struck a trail, and after following it for about five miles, came
 upon the body of the boy, whose brains had been dashed out on a tree. Two of the party returned to Powell's with the child and the rest continued
 the search for the man, but at last accounts they had not succeeded in overtaking him.  There are several theories as to who he is.  Some think he is
 one of the murderers who escaped from the Moundsville Penitentiary some months ago ; others think he is a madman. All know he is a dangerous
character and must be killed or captured. "

Good to meet you, Gumshoeye! Been enjoying your posts....your observations.

Edited by HairyWildMan

Here's one of my favorites : from 1870 describing one creature's brutality to animals, as well as, physical strength beyond any human....able to pull off appendages

From: The Public Ledger -    Memphis, Tennessee July 26, 1870

A WILD MAN IN NEVADA
                                                                                     -------------------------
                                                                          Account of Him by an Eye-Witness

Correspondence of White Pine News, July1.

"  The people inhabiting the northwestern part of Nevada are at present in an intense state of excitement over the supposed
 discovery of the traces and habitation of a lost or wild man. Rumor had located it upon a high and densely wooded mountain,
 and after gathering all the information that we could. We armed and equipped ourselves for a trip to the location described,
 about fifty miles from our camp, at the sink of Deep Creek.  After a tiresome ride of two days over the mountain. All were
 now upon the qui vive for some sign of the strange inhabitant.

We had just picketed our animals, and sat by the fire telling strange experiences of the pioneer life, when we were aroused
 by a crashing sound, caused by the swift approach of some strange looking body coming toward the camp.   Just at this
moment, the moon shone through the clouds almost as brilliant as the sun at noon-day. We had a splendid view of the object.
 It is undoubtedly a white man, about forty years old, nearly covered by a coat of fine long hair, and in appearance otherwise
 not at all startling.  He carried in his right hand a huge club, and in his left a rabbit or some other small animal.   He caught a
 sight of us almost instantaneously, as the moon shone out, and with a scream like the roar of a lion, brandishing his club, dashed
 past the camp and attacked the horses in a perfect frenzy of madness.

We at this time could have shot him but for the surprise of the moment; and ere we were armed, our animals stampeded and
 he was after them like the wind, down the mountain.  We endeavored in vain to send our dogs after him, which, being savage
and well trained, we had counted upon to assist in the capture; but with distended eyes they sat mutely gazing into the darkness,
 and neither blows nor kindness could move them to the chase, and the only recourse we had was to throw up a hasty rampart
 of logs and then station guards to prevent a surprise by the infuriated demon.   Occasionally, through the long watches of the
 night, all hands were aroused by his terrible cries; and thus, in momentary expectation of an attack, we passed the night.

Morning dawned at last, and not one would leave the camp until the rosy sunlight cheered the landscape, which we took the
 trail of our horses, after having securely hidden our accutrements and provisions, excepting a lunch for a few days journey.
   They had torn down the mountain at a terrific speed for about five miles; here they jumped down a sheer precipice about
 twenty five feet, disabling my saddle horse. He was lying near the bottom, mangled in a shocking manner.     The wild man had
 evidently vented his rage upon my disabled horse, as large strips of skin were torn off and thrown to some distance, and his
 lower jaw was broken.   We shot him to end his sufferings.  The wild man had here given up the pursuit.  About two miles
 further down the valley we found the rest of our stock quietly grazing.  The only marks they bore were evidently made by being
 caught by the tails by the wild man in the chase, entirely stripping some of them of their hair and skin. 

We now had some six miles to go to reach our first camp.  Arrived there at 3 o'clock, when we took lunch.  After examining
 our arms, we started in the direction from which the wild man approached and was fortunate enough to strke his trail, with the
 well defined foot prints of a man who would wear No.9 shoes, but being broad on the bottom. We followed his trail for about
 three minutes, when the gorges opened in a beautiful basin, and a half mile further the trail ended abruptly at the entrance of
 a cave.  We explored this cave, finding a set of soldier's buttons and a dime dated 1841, which leads me to the conclusion that
 he is a man lost from Fremont's command in 1846 or near that time.
"

Frequent speculations concerning the hairy wild men....that they're lost or insane men gone feral. Seems that going feral gives one

the strength to pull off tails of horses or to rip animals apart.   

Edited by HairyWildMan

• masterbarber unpinned this topic