Face To Face Meeting With Bigfoot

Midnight Owl

One of the best and oldest films of them has still not been accepted by many of those evidence hounds even when it has been forensically proven to be genuine by a number of qualified experts.

I invite you to peruse the Patterson/Gimlin film threads upon this very forum. I invite you to see where I stand on that piece of evidence. I've debated passionately about the film's veracity. At the end of the day, there is a film. What do you bring to the table? Stories and passionate tales. I thank you for those, but even I ask for just a little more.

Now for all you proof seeking hounds. I spent the better part of two days discreetly lurking around that area just hoping I could capture a picture or video of them. All I got in return was an occasional wood knock or two, a few brief hoots and bush shaking. Nothing more-nothing less! It would have ended right there until Elisi came up and asked me if I wanted to go into the woods with them. The only stipulation was no pictures or videos. I later asked if I could use my night vision and it just went on the blink. It then worked perfectly later! I have no explanations there, but have had others say its happened to them too!

May I ask why the stipulation of no photos?

Wolftrax, the same reason others have stated in the past. 'It will betray their trust'.

I realize this isn't easy for some here to accept or understand, but there really is something to it. Near where I had my major encounter while hunting, when I only had an audio recorder hidden, well they would come in and take food at the feed station. But when I began trying to capture them on film with a hidden camera, then they stopped coming in altogether. Now I feel that if I want to have encounters with them there again, I will need to leave the cameras behind. Go figure but its true.

My advice is, don't discount something someone says just because it doesn't make sense to you. There is more going on with these creatures then most realize. Can we control it? No I don't think we can.

We seem to have two camps here that don't understand each other. One camp enjoys BF for just being there and isn't worried about gathering evidence. This camp just wants to hang out with BF and to learn about behavior. These individuals want to tell of an experience and are not interested in the physical proof of BF. Their contrbution to science are observations of BF's actions.

The other camp wants physical evidence. This camp is of scientist who gather foot prints, hair, DnA and so on. They won't believe reports unless evidence is recovered. This camp needs to find their own BF group for interaction, then gather evidence after the encounter is over. This camp needs to value and respect the other camp since observation of behaviors are part of the BF science equation. We want BF truths and understanding that comes slowly since the creature is very elusive and wiley. In a few years the BF mystery will be over after a body or sick BF is recovered and the Jane Goodalls of the world document a clan of BFs. We just need to be patient...............

Inevitably, there's a third camp: Those that take delight in spinning yarns on the world wide web that is the internet. One simply cannot believe every report available on the web.

Guest rockinkt

georgerm...You have eloquently and honestly tried to sum up the situation in this thread. Well done! :thumbsup:

However - I must be honest too.

Given the fact that there exists a vast number of false reports, tall tales, and downright planned hoaxes - I must demand some sort of valid evidence before I accept any such extraordinary claims as are being made in this thread.

There are obvious patterns and red flags that any seasoned investigator is aware of and in this thread - multiple red flags are snapping in the wind. IMHO of course.;)

Guest rockinkt

Inevitably, there's a third camp: Those that take delight in spinning yarns on the world wide web that is the internet. One simply cannot believe every report available on the web.

I don't believe what you just posted. :lol:

Edited by rockinkt

Now for all you proof seeking hounds. I spent the better part of two days discreetly lurking around that area just hoping I could capture a picture or video of them. All I got in return was an occasional wood knock or two, a few brief hoots and bush shaking. Nothing more-nothing less! It would have ended right there until Elisi came up and asked me if I wanted to go into the woods with them. The only stipulation was no pictures or videos. I later asked if I could use my night vision and it just went on the blink. It then worked perfectly later! I have no explanations there, but have had others say its happened to them too!

My Bold

Unfortunately there does seem to be a precedent.

PSEUDOSCIENCE claims that the phenomena it studies are “jealous.†The phenomena appear only under certain vaguely specified but vital conditions (i.e., when no doubters or skeptics are present; when no experts are present; when nobody is watching; when the “vibes†are right; only once in human history.) The attitude of science is that all phenomena must be capable of being studied by anyone with the proper equipment, and that all procedurally valid studies must give consistent results. No actual known natural phenomenon is “jealous†in this way.
My bold

Science VS Pseudoscience.

• Upvote 1

Guest gershake

MidnightOwl and Elisi, could I please ask you to have a look at this thread and perhaps make a post in it? It's a poll for people who have seen bigfoot, whether they think Patty is one, and why.

My question was for Midnight Owl and Elisi.

Yes Wolf but they had already stated the reason earlier in the thread. I was merely acknowledging it. I'm sure they will share it again for you.

Swmyers73, what personal experiences with sasquatch have you had that allow you to gauge the validity of what Midnight Owl and Elisi have said?

Good synopsis Georgerm but bf prob won't enjoy the eventual volunteering for the slab part.

georgerm...You have eloquently and honestly tried to sum up the situation in this thread. Well done! :thumbsup:

However - I must be honest too.

Given the fact that there exists a vast number of false reports, tall tales, and downright planned hoaxes - I must demand some sort of valid evidence before I accept any such extraordinary claims as are being made in this thread.

There are obvious patterns and red flags that any seasoned investigator is aware of and in this thread - multiple red flags are snapping in the wind. IMHO of course.;)

We can compare BF to the discovery of America by Columbus. BF witnesses are the sailors who ventured out into the uncharted ocean and by accident made discoveries. The sailors bring back descriptions of the new world, and we can only listen and pose some questions. Some times the sailors bring back strange plants, gold figurenes, and bead works which helps make their stories credible. In order to learn more, we must take chances and listen to the sailors tales with respect knowing we could be fooled. Some take the chance to be made a fool of and listen with resprect. Is real knowledge worth the chance?

Queen Isabella and King Ferdinand of Spain needed proof before they paid Columbus and outfitted him with more ships and crew.

Edited by georgerm

**Admittedly, I read the first 3 pages and stopped. Yes, I'm lazy and I was having deja vu all over again.**

Well, its a cool story, maybe even Disney/Pixar worthy. I'm not going to re-hash all of the skepticism already shown, though I do think its worthy and agree with just about all of it. As a person looking for the truth (as are most of the good people on here), you have to ask tough, logic-based questions. And these have been some very good questions.

If its true (and I really hope it is), then you are very fortunate to have had such an experience. Unfortunately, my "White man" common sense isnt buying what you're selling. No offense. Its my right to believe or disbelieve, just like its your right to tell the tale. Good story though.

Wolftrax, in my first response I should have stated that they had already given the reason. My omission. D.

I did not see it specifically addressed.