New Member Introductions

WV FOOTER

Guest usmcjrhd10

Hello all. My name is Matt and I enjoy watching bigfoot shows, however, I watch them to negate everything these researchers find. I figured instead of talking to myself about my skepticism, a forum in which both sides have a voice would be beneficial. 

I look forward to educated and respectful debates.

I hope everyone has had a great weekend!  My name is Frank Piercy and I currently live in Connecticut and have been following Bigfoot since I was a young one.  In my spare time, I am a bit of a photographer, nature and music being my primary subjects.  Looking forward to taking part in the online search!

• Upvote 1

Hello! I’m from the Ozarks in Missouri, USA. I’ve been interested in Bigfoot since I was a child in the seventies. My brother and I had all kinds of “monster” books and watched every episode of In Search Of religiously. I’ve veered back and forth between believing and not as an adult. I’ve concluded there are far too many experiences to disbelieve even taking into account some being lies and hoaxes. I think there’s a flesh and blood something out there. I’ve never had a Bigfoot experience, although I was once stalked by something in the tennessee woods that scared me so much I still get goosebumps 34 years later.

Hello all. I'm located in central Florida and have been interested in Bigfoot since I was a child. I will be hiking in the PNW later this year and love reading encounter stories from that region.

• Upvote 1
Guest William Egan

Hello I have been interested in Bigfoot from an early age but recently it has gone into high gear. About 3 years ago I bought 60 acres in the Missouri Ozarks and recently have found cedar trees crisscrossed in a pile some were pushed over and some were broken off. I also find trees ,sassafras and cedar mainly, broken, twisted, bent over or uprooted on different parts of my property at different times. There is also a rock stack of huge rocks, don't know how long its been there or if its related. I also hear strange howls like a coyote on steroids. I think I'm going to like this forum.

Admin

Welcome to the BFF GjobiSquatch and William Egan.

@William Egan

Hello from North Carolina (NC). I have a background limnology, the study of fresh water, fisheries & wildlife, ecology--and politics (where everything is 'spin'). I worked at Smithsonian, went on paleontological dig with a CA museum, worked as interpretive National Park Ranger.

Also worked as a environmental ed teacher in midwest, where they had a tradition of scaring the kids with a ghost sitting. I was the ghost. I would be reported to be 10 ft tall (like Bigfoot) with red eyes. I'm 5ft, blue eyed..and now forever skeptical of   eyewitness accounts.

I would love for someone to discover irrefutable evidence of a N.American Bigfoot--and trust me, the scientific community would be thrilled at such a find-- but as of yet, no one has produced such. Photos, videos and tracks are easy to fake. Bones and hair samples have not stood up to DNA testing.  

I also find it problematic to me is the lack of scientific method (field sampling techniques, etc) and critical thinking among Bigfoot communities. Non-hoaxers would welcome this, as they have a sincere desire to know, but hoaxers do not. 

But none of this means we should stop looking....or sifting chafe/hoaxers from the grain/potential real evidence.

Last summer, after a news article, I joined NC based facebook page by Lee Woods. He tolerated my science-based skeptical questioning-- until I questioned his (clearly faked) footprints by asking, did he collect hair, DNA (which can be obtained from footprints sometimes).  

That was the end of Lee Woods tolerance for critical thinking...and the best sign of all that he is a hoaxer. 

I also did a good bit of research debunking the HA Miller Manuscript. Found it easy and fun to expose it as another creative hoax. 

Then I went looking for a new group and landed here. Hopefully you can tolerate some critical inquiry. 

Admin

Welcome to the BFF, usmcjrhd10, Frank Piercy, Lam90, GhobiSquatch, William Egan, and Crtclthnkr!!!!

Not only is critical inquiry tolerated here, it is encouraged! This can be a tough crowd at times, but they are fair.

• Thanks 2

Hello I am Dee. My friend Dani suggested this forum to me. I love in Arkansas and I have been having sasquatch activity since we bought our property 5 and 1/2 years ago. I had to research what was going on because before this I had no interest in bf one way or the other. I had one cross the road in front of me in 2016 and found a 16" print in my driveway a year later in 2017. We hear screams and whoops and monkey sounds and weird owl calls in our woods on a weekly basis. I'm excited to join this group and learn more and share my experiences and "knowledge" with anyone who is interested. Thanks 

Guest believeRN

Hi there! I was raised in and never left the Pacific Northwest :) I became interested in Bigfoot after an inexplicable encounter in Central Oregon in 2011. After doing a lot of research on the animals in the area and eyeshine, I couldn't come up with another explanation other than that we saw Bigfoot that night. I love reading other's encounter stories! Here with an open mind :)

3 hours ago, Dee said:

Hello I am Dee. My friend Dani suggested this forum to me. I love in Arkansas and I have been having sasquatch activity since we bought our property 5 and 1/2 years ago. I had to research what was going on because before this I had no interest in bf one way or the other. I had one cross the road in front of me in 2016 and found a 16" print in my driveway a year later in 2017. We hear screams and whoops and monkey sounds and weird owl calls in our woods on a weekly basis. I'm excited to join this group and learn more and share my experiences and "knowledge" with anyone who is interested. Thanks 

Welcome

We are always interested in  recent activity going on. When you can start a thread about it.

Edited by 7.62

Hello everyone! I was raised a fairly avid outdoorsman and enjoy hunting, fishing, hiking, and camping which led me into curiosity about the potential of other animals that haven't been discovered. Having been raised in the Pine Barrens of NJ I was introduced to the idea of the Jersey Devil at a young age and that kind of left the door open to looking at other legends. I have not experienced a Bigfoot but I believe the potential exists. Not sure I'd really want to have an experience, that depends on the stories that one hears, but I'd like to be able to recognize it for what it is should it happen.

I came across this forum when doing a search for more information about the Travel Channel show Expedition Bigfoot and looking for people openly discussing the show. Read the general forum thread on it and liked the open, friendly debate over the good and bad so thought I'd join and look around further.

• Upvote 1
Guest Motorye

Hello all,  I live on Vancouver island and have followed the topic of Bigfoot for the last 20 years.  I have not seen one or had an experience, but am convinced they exist.  How can an intelligent human being dismiss all of the evidence as a bear, a guy in a suit or a stump... come on people.  A few years ago I had the privilege of visiting Dr. John Bindernagel at his house, an incredible experience!  Rest in peace Dr. B, you took this topic a hell of a long way in your career and proof will be had.  I have been a lurker on this forum for a long time, but time to share my opinions and keep building momentum on this topic!

The work in the car business and ask every native american customer about  Sasquatch, they all, I repeat every one of them believe and have stories.  One I found very interesting was an old linguist who told me they could feel when you look at them!  I thought this was interesting as it explains why we can never get a clear picture or video of one.

Here is a good story that puts me one person removed from a sighting.  I have a good buddy who always made fun of me for being a believer.  If there was a spectrum for belief, I would be on the far right, he would be on the far left.  He grew up as a logger and hunter and his family owned a logging company.  He said there is no way he or his family that lived in the bush for generations would not have seen one or potentially shot one. He made fun of me for years.  Fast forward to a year ago, I had not seen him for a couple of years and we met.  Of course I brought up that he was an ******* for always making fun of me... he didn't say anything and went quite.  He didn't want to talk about it in front of the people around us.  Later he told me what happened.  Lets just say he is on my side of the spectrum now!  He works loading logging trucks and was out the back of Ladysmith in an area called Timberlands.  He finished work for the day and went to scout out his load out spot for the next day.  It was a new road with trees still fallen across it still.  He stopped and was looking down the road.  He said it walked out of the tree line on the right about 50 yards in front of him, walked across the road and the logs like they weren't even there and disappeared into the opposite tree line.  He kept saying it was huge, as thick through the chest as our shoulders are wide.  Dark brown fir head to toe and crossed the road in only 3 or 4 steps.  He did not enjoy talking about it which is weird, but he definitely believed now!  That's that story.

It feels like there is a paradigm shift happening, Steve Isdahl (how to hunt) is on to something.  We know they exist, time to stop hiding the facts.

Love the banter on the forum, there are some very intelligent people on here!