New Member Introductions

WV FOOTER

hi, i live in southern oregon where i spend most of my off time traveling and camping in the local mountains (coast range and cascades). i have had several experiences not sightings over the years all in the coast range of southern oregon.

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, Bill H said:

I am Bill.  I collect fossils as a hobby, mostly marine vertebrates but some land vertebrates as well (and yes I have some small amount of dinosaur material).  I collect invertebrates only if they are unusual or interesting.  With shell collecting you could fill your house to the ceiling in a month.  As a kid,  I saw a tree structure on my parents' land in Colorado.  At the time I had no idea what it was other than an odd tree fall.  I think there is too much information to dismiss bigfoot as a legend.  Unfortunately there are some trolls who think they are smarter than everyone else (and they are not), academics who believe that if it is not in a scientific paper then it doesn't exist, and a bunch of researchers crashing through the woods using poor methodology rather than methods that can provide real science.  I hope to address the latter in my posts.

Welcome, Bill! As one of the few academics openly looking at this question, I'm always interested in seeing folks who are interested in scientific approaches.

Hello, I’m from Indiana and didn’t know about Sasquatch until my late teens.  However, after listening to stories and watching documentaries on the subject, I began to realize some events I experienced in my younger days very well may have been related to Sasquatch encounters.  Just saying sometimes we write things off as “weird “ because we don’t have any knowledge to describe what we experienced.

I’m selective who I talk to about these encounters because nobody wants to be labeled as crazy

I look forward to hearing about your experiences and thoughts about this subject.

• Upvote 1

Hi Folks!

I have a degree in folklore and mythology and living in the PNW, its hard to escape notice of Bigfoot legends. I'm a fan of Dr. Meldrum and curious about the goings on in the community.

• Upvote 1

Hello BFF!

I am a cryptozoology enthusiast from upstate NY.  I am interested in the speculative biology regarding sasquatch.  I spend a lot of time hiking and camping, looking for sasquatch evidence along the way.

• Upvote 1

New here from Vancouver, WA. Have been interested in Bigfoot since I was a kid. Saw a movie that was played at our local Jr. High School way back in the 1970s. Would have to do some digging to figure out what it was though. 

While I have done enough bow hunting and being out in the woods a lot during my teens and later in life, I have never had a chance to see a Bigfoot yet. Maybe someday?? As the weather gets better maybe time to start doing some exploring again.

Though I have never seen Bigfoot, I have had two paranormal experiences.... One was a smell that should not have been where it was............ the other was an experience that was way over the top........... 

Anyway, I am looking forward to participating here!!

• Upvote 1

Hello! I am looking forward to learning more about Bigfoot from these forums. I hope to learn more about the process of conducting research so that maybe I can try it myself someday! Regardless, I'm very interested to participate in the discussions here :)

• Upvote 1

I have followed this forum for years and signed up many times, lost interested, and let my account expire.  That said, I always coming back to discover new BF information on the forum .  I do so with the hope that someday someone will provide the undisputable proof that can no longer be denied. I have never had an encounter, but I have discovered through this forum and others that I have been very close to areas that have experienced activity.  How will I react if I ever have a sighting, I honestly don't know.  But, if my heart can take it, I am sure the toilet paper and extra pair of underwear will come in handy.  

• Upvote 1

Hello! I grew up in the Pacific NW, and like many others that have replied here, I've had a life long interest in Bigfoot. I like to think of myself as an agnostic when it comes to anomalous events. That doesn't mean I am a skeptic, only that I want to believe - but I also want rigorous evidence. Any serious group is exciting to me. I've been meaning to join these forums for years, but was just too lazy.  ;)

• Upvote 2

Hello all, I grew up in Central Arkansas and have lived in the St. Louis area since 2006.  Have been interested in the topic of sasquatch since I was in grade school.  I have never seen one but think my chances are better now, knowing more about where and whay to look for.  Looking forward to meeting the folks here and learning more about our favorite mysterious beast.

On 5/1/2022 at 9:59 PM, golfpunk said:

Hello everyone!  I'm Ryan from Iowa.  I've been interested in sasquatch for years but have never had anything weird happen when in the backcountry.  I try to get up to the boundary waters in Minnesota every summer.   Wondering if there have been sightings up there recently?  

Hi Ryan, I am from Minnesota and get up to the Boundary Waters every summer as well. There was a day time sighting posted on the BFRO just west of Ely in fall of 2020. It was a class A sighting on a dirt road not far from paved highway. I looked into it last summer when I was going into the BWCA to do some camping. Drove the road and tried to get an idea of where the witness saw it. I think a lot more sightings happen up there that locals don't like to talk about. I also know of a few other sightings in the area. 

I actually talked with Adrian Ericsson after his Quest came out. He's a nice guy,  says he saw Bigfoot 6 times, also vouched for Todd Standing 

• Haha 1

Welcome   Darby Orcutt  ,TheSecretFam  ,  catshavepants  ,  HV-Squatcher  ,  Kevin57  ,  circlegraph  ,  Bliever  ,  jadiana  ,  wn1994  ,  Connor MacLeod   &  wildmanminnesot  !

• Like 1